Gareth Bale

Morten

I thought his problem at Real Madrid was that Ronaldo was holding him back and not his lack of overall quality...how is it going for him? Is it the same way when Ronaldo was out of the side for like 9 games at the turn of the year?

I for one think the 60 goal, 20 assist man carried him.

He was equally bad whether Ronaldo played or not, perhaps even worse. He doesnt really seem on the same wavelength as the rest of the players, its silly to blame his failures on Ronaldo.

reDIOS10

He was equally bad whether Ronaldo played or not, perhaps even worse. He doesnt really seem on the same wavelength as the rest of the players, its silly to blame his failures on Ronaldo.

This may so sound ignorant, but i stiil don't get how he just started sucking. Wasn't he like really good in his first season, scoring goals left and right?

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
This may so sound ignorant, but i stiil don't get how he just started sucking. Wasn't he like really good in his first season, scoring goals left and right?

22 goals isn't scoring goals left and right. people praised him for his crucial goals, the one in the CDR final and the UCL final both of which were game clinching. He doesn't have the attitude to be a real madrid star, when I look at him I see a player who lacks fight. But in all seriousness it's the hair, ever since he grew it out he began to suck :neymar:

Beast

The Observer
His ego... winning & scoring two important crucial goals.. he was never the same since than...
maybe his stupid agent made him feel more important than he really is... i'd give him the solo of the CDR but the second goal in the CL could have been anyone else...

a strange case of the second & currently third season being worse than the first *usually poor " one for a player in a new club

At the moment i don't care if he sod off to the EPL

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
His career was always going to be entirely dependent on scoring big goals. He came to Real Madrid to score big goals. His problem is that he does little else, not that he cannot, he can, he just doesn't want to. "Bale had just three goals and three assists from in 17 matches for Real [by May 06]; in his previous 17, he registered a much more healthy nine goals and three assists. See here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ere-has-it-all-gone-wrong-at-Real-Madrid.html

So as his his form takes a dip, which is entirely normal, his reluctance to do anything else on the field but score goals, and be served to score goals, he has little to fall back on which is why he goes from being a star to being trash. Maybe it is ego like Beast suggests, in fact, I am sure it is but lets give him some benefit of doubt, but other players who performed poorly at Madrid before weren't harshly criticized because they tried and they got involved.

Like Messi, his biggest critics are not the ones who expect him to score and assist all the time, his biggest critics come out when he just walks around (although Messi could walk around from now until he is 35 on the team, and he'd still be a legend). Notice how Benzema doesn't get criticized despite his sporadic goal scoring form? He is involved. Higuain before him? He was involved. Marcelo? He is always involved. Even Coentrao who is shit? He gets stuck in. Carvajal? He went through poor form, but got stuck in. Kroos? Same.

The club legend Iker? He never trained hard, and that came back to haunt him, and I am his biggest supporter. You just cannot be withdrawn on the team, you just cannot. In an era where a draw is a defeat and a defeat is a crisis, there is little room for Bale or anyone else for that matter to be thinking about themselves. There are 2 months in a year for that, they can reflect as much as they want but come late August, contracts are signed and you hit the ground running. Simple.

This is what bothers me about football players, they can be paid 20 million a season, I don't care, they deserve it for their dedication and talent. They complain about offers and contracts but once they sign they think that they are entitled to that money. In football, the current contract is for future output. In sports you are paid based on the assumption that you will perform better next season.

Whereas, say an engineer, or an accountant, or lawyer, or a doctor, they get paid their salaries AFTER they prove they got better with experience they gained. They also don't get worse like sports players do. So when Bale signs the contract of 10 million, that means we count on him for the future, it is not a thank you for your last season and we have no guarantee that he will perform, but we are assuming ALL the risk. Bale doesn't assume any risk, the club does. He is not held accountable, Real Madrid suffers.

So yes, he can sod off to the EPL for all I care, I don't want his attitude on the team. It is not his performances, he can perform poorly, that is not natural, but he cannot act like he is blameless.

This was the warning for Bale from Owen: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eth-Bale-warned-Real-Madrid-Michael-Owen.html

Beast

The Observer
Reus... seems we are roaming around him a lot lately...
although the German had a bad season by his standards he still works hard...

i reached a point where i'm happy that he is failing... he needs 6-7 bitch slapping ..that's where the agent play a role...

El Gato

Villarato!
Looked a bit better in the first 15 mins that I saw, primarily because all of the front three were switching positions willingly. Good passes and crosses to set up CR in the first 15 mins. Oh well, it's some sort of tiny progress.. shame it comes ever so small and so late.

Chiringuito did a good analysis, starting 33:10:

Better than it was, maybe it's the tour of the world, climates, rotations that was halting the process as well. Both him and CR looked better. He's made better decision, but he's still not fast enough on the ball. That moment where CR was waiting for a through ball stands out.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
HE IS NOT GOOD AS A MIDDLE OF THE PARK CREATOR NOR HE IS A GOOD DRIBBLER...

he will hurt us deeply behind the striker the goals are drying out... dumb ass Bale

Home of Barca Fans