Gareth Bale

ceefoo

... i always have my doubts about Bale and Ronaldo.
The problem being that Crystina and Bale are both Alpha players and demand that the team cater to their needs.

Will CR7 tolerate Bale regularly shooting from 25-30 yards as he does for Spurs?

People are also wondering where Bale will fit into the system. Last season he was given free reign and would start out wide and cut inside for shooting position. We know that CR7 also has a free-role at Madrid, so can Ancelotti accommodate both in the same team without taking away their effectiveness and stifling their natural games?

How I think they would line up:

Benzema

Cristiano--Ozil-------Bale​

The problem being that Crystina and Bale are both Alpha players and demand that the team cater to their needs.

Will CR7 tolerate Bale regularly shooting from 25-30 yards as he does for Spurs?

People are also wondering where Bale will fit into the system. Last season he was given free reign and would start out wide and cut inside for shooting position. We know that CR7 also has a free-role at Madrid, so can Ancelotti accommodate both in the same team without taking away their effectiveness and stifling their natural games?

Benzema

Good god that only works on Fifa. Bale's right foot is very poor and he lacks the dribbling of a Robben that he can be effective from the right as a left footed winger. Ronaldo would look at him with disgust everytime he shoots from 25-30 yards and Bale would probably be intimidated as he is one of Ronaldos biggest fanboys. Benzema could very well stay on the bench as he wouldn't get any opportunities to score :lol: Change Bale with Reus and I'd shit my pants in fear.

ceefoo

Good god that only works on Fifa. Bale's right foot is very poor and he lacks the dribbling of a Robben that he can be effective from the right as a left footed winger.
Yes, that's the dilemma. Bale has a worst right-foot than Messi.

But moving Cristiano to CF would be an epic fail, and he wouldn't accept it either. For me Ozil HAS to play in the middle as the playmaker, so that would only leave the RW for Bale as he is no CF either.

What system do you see him fitting in?

Last edited:
Yes, that's the dilemma. Bale has a worst right-foot than Messi.

But moving Cristiano to CF would be an epic fail, and he wouldn't accept it either. For me Ozil HAS to play in the middle as the playmaker, so that would only leave the RW for Bale as he is no CF either.

What system do you see him fitting in?

Well when Ronaldo played for us he was a RW. So IF Ronaldo would accept it I think the best chances for RM would be:

Benzema
Bale - Özil - Ronaldo​

but for the same price you probably could get

Suarez
Ronaldo - Özil - Reus​

I honestly don't know what Real Madrid are thinking about this bid. He isn't even the best player in the EPL. I'd say he is on par with Mata and slightly below RvP. Not because I'm biased but RvP has always delived if he wasn't injured. Bale had amazing last 3 months of the season and is so hyped because he is British. Btw I think Levy is trying to sell him at the highest price and send Kenneth McEvoy to Real Madrid :lol:
main-gareth_1660025a.jpg

Beast

The Observer
CR7: 34 league apps/34 goals = 1 goal/game. CR7 made 6.9 shots per game = 6.9 shots per goal

But if you take away CR7's 6 penalties to make it fair since Bale has no penalties CR7 has 34 apps/28 goals, 235 shots minus 6 penalties = 229 shots/34 goals = 8.2 shots per non penalty goal.

Bale: 33 league apps/21 goals = 0.6 goals/game. Bale made 5 shots per game = 7.9 shots per goal

They scored a lot of goals in their respective teams but when you look at it it all boils down to two players with very low efficiency in front of goal, two players who need a lot of shots to score a goal and at the same time who are used to getting a lot of chances created for them being the "go to guys" for their teams and all so if you put them in the same team, who has to play for the both of them, they won't have as many chances to shoot and you'll have a not so productive combo.

http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics

Both are not out & out strikers and shoot a lot from outside and long distance as opposed to players who like to shoot from inside the box like Suarez , Messi etc both all had more shots on goal than Bale ...
The closer you are to the goal and playing inside the box the more conversion rate you will have ... that's basic football so your shots per goal for players who shoot a lot from outside is inaccurate

omidferoz

just read that madrid are paying 115 million for him. If that is true, every club will demand atleast 40-50 million for their player in the future. The inflation is gonna be crazy, and as usually barcelona will sell their players for peanuts.

oz187

Benzema

I can see that as being very effective. Cristiano and Kaka wouldn't work because Cristiano would want to go into the same space as Kaka so they would get crowded out. It would also leave a lot of defensive frailty. However if Bale is on the opposite wing then they will create space for each other as the opposition defense might have to sure up both wings. This would create a lot of space for Ozil in the middle. Benzema is also a great link up player and would help the other three a lot.

I also would imagine Cristiano playing a bit higher up and closer to goal, with Bale a bit deeper since he did start as a fullback and will naturally do his bit defensively. In essence, Bale would create more space for Cristiano and help his game.

Bertus

Which is the current offer? 120M€ + Di Maria + Coentrao + Modric? :coffee:
Levy is asking for either:

- 145 millions euros
- 100 millions + modric

Apparently he's not interested in Di maria and Coentrao.

But Modric I think doesn't want to leave Madrid. And Perez apparently doesn't want to pay 145 millions.

Bertus

Keep in mind that the situation Evolved as such:

- Levy uses the deal that PSG has proposed in May 2013 to raise the price.

PSG offered 98.5 millions euros in money in May. And Levy said no.

So Levy is saying to Madrid "I won't sell you Bale for 100 millions since I have other clubs who want him for that price. So, pay more, I want 145"

So Perez tried 75-98 millions + di maria and coentrao, but as said above, Levy is not interested. The only player he would want is Modric.

Home of Barca Fans