Gareth Bale

Bertus

Gotta love how dysfunctional and corrupt Madrid is ran. Buying players who don't fit their team. Doing so at outrageous transfer prices. Fabricating the income from the players they sell. Buying 3-4 players to play the exact same position.

Just hilarious.

You forgor, having "Juan Carlos erasing a part of their debt as if no one would notice" :p

Jenks

Well

1) I think he worths it, but Nasser doesn't think the same apparently.
2) Well, hard to compare but I think Bale is better than anything PSG has as wingers
3) They can afford it. Let's be clear, PSG is the football Team of the Emir of Qatar. But really, as you said, I don't think even him wants to spend that much on a player with a base value of 40m euros.

Levy is crazy or he just wants to close the door.

Do they have buyout clause in their contracts in England? Or is it like in France where it's illegal?

It's not illegal but it's not mandatory either.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
it's an unfair comparison as Ronaldo was in the UCL, he was still far superior to what Bale currently is.
amen

CR7 is definitely far better than Bale... To compare them two is actually an insult to the Portuguese but what can I say, the English media is too strong so much so that they could start any kind of publicity gimmick and get away with it

Meitux

amen

CR7 is definitely far better than Bale... To compare them two is actually an insult to the Portuguese but what can I say, the English media is too strong so much so that they could start any kind of publicity gimmick and get away with it
Yeah,one great season and everybody makes him god.I wonder if he continues the same tempo for other seasons,maybe then i can say something positive..Other than that they overrate him very much.

Jenks

amen

Huh? I've seen more people compare him to Ronaldo here than anywhere else.

K

kingleo

Surely signing Bale would mean Alonso, Khedira, Di Maria and Isco would all have to settle for places in the bench!

----Illarramendi ----- Modric--------
--Bale -------- Ozil ------ Ronaldo--
-------------Benzema--------------

ShandyFFM

Surely signing Bale would mean Alonso, Khedira, Di Maria and Isco would all have to settle for places in the bench!

----Illarramendi ----- Modric--------
--Bale -------- Ozil ------ Ronaldo--
-------------Benzema--------------

Not sure about this Ancelotti is already using Ronaldo as a striker and perhaps he would use Bale in the same way

Illaramendi----------Modric

Özil-----Isco--------Bale

---------Ronaldo

i just pray tottenham will keep bale... would be insane to beat a team with so much attacking power

mixer

Bale can play on the right . I honestly think madrid with bale can go on and get a sextuplet .
They can't get a sextuplet because they don't play in the Spanish Super Cup.

And from what I heard, Bale isn't that good, he just has some good moments. He may also not be in a good relationship with Cristiano.

They can't get a sextuplet because they don't play in the Spanish Super Cup.

And from what I heard, Bale isn't that good, he just has some good moments. He may also not be in a good relationship with Cristiano.

Bale is a great player but not anywhere near Ronaldo when he left us. Ronaldo had everything you could ask for. Two footed, great dribbling, blistering fast, simply the most complete player in the world. Bale resembles him in that way that he can decide a game on his own but he can't help you be a great team. Like Ronaldo he shoots ALOT and tends to get more through the middle. If he plays as a common winger he is very good at it but the best full backs in the EPL handeld him quite well. For example when we played him, we simply put Phil Jones on him and he had a very quiet game against us. Him and Ronaldo simply won't work. Both need their teams to play to their full strengths. Ronaldo could very well play a winger again but playing him as a winger for Bale would be an insult to him and as a pure winger Reus would be a way better choice for Real Madrid. Isco - Özil - Ronaldo is for me much more frightening than Bale - Özil - Ronaldo

Even for Real Madrid that transfer is too desperate ... Maybe something is true on the rumors regarding Ronaldo but I won't believe it until I see it.

Bertus

So now the supposed deal is 100 millions + Modric? :lol:

Are we talking about the same player who went on full force to leave tottenham, just to go back now because papa Perez will ask him?

F

Flavia

Bale is a great player but not anywhere near Ronaldo when he left us. Ronaldo had everything you could ask for. Two footed, great dribbling, blistering fast, simply the most complete player in the world. Bale resembles him in that way that he can decide a game on his own but he can't help you be a great team. Like Ronaldo he shoots ALOT and tends to get more through the middle. If he plays as a common winger he is very good at it but the best full backs in the EPL handeld him quite well. For example when we played him, we simply put Phil Jones on him and he had a very quiet game against us. Him and Ronaldo simply won't work. Both need their teams to play to their full strengths. Ronaldo could very well play a winger again but playing him as a winger for Bale would be an insult to him and as a pure winger Reus would be a way better choice for Real Madrid. Isco - Özil - Ronaldo is for me much more frightening than Bale - Özil - Ronaldo

Even for Real Madrid that transfer is too desperate ... Maybe something is true on the rumors regarding Ronaldo but I won't believe it until I see it.

If cr goes to man utd because of this, that would be just perfect. Too good to be true, though.

Bertus

If cr goes to man utd because of this, that would be just perfect. Too good to be true, though.

Well, i don't know if ABC.es is a serious media but Ronaldo apparently rejected PSG's offer (5 years, 22m net per year) to stay in Madrid where he'll get 13m net per year.

:xavi:

I don't believe it for one moment but there have been many rumors about it since quite a time. For example when SAF retired our now sadly former CEO David Gill flew to Madrid. Insiders said that it was to convince Ronaldo that nothing has changed and that the deal should still be strucked. Nike and Chevrolet both want it to happen badly and would back our bid. All rumors so far but it would explain why Real Madrid are this desperate for Bale as he isn't really needed. He has only 2 years left on his contract and with all the spending RM is doing this transfer window they need some cash for the Bale transfer. Even if they got way too much for Albiol and Higuain (Benitez is simply the worst at transfers) Isco + Illaramendi + Bale and maybe Kondogbia ... they can't think that the Spain goverment will bail them out again as they are broke aswell. Ronaldo is 29 next year and in the last year of his contract. His value would be alot less.

Home of Barca Fans