Gareth Bale

Bergkamp10

They actually debated on an English radio station whether or not Bale is the best player in the world or not :lol: sums up the pathetic media over here.

Bale is a very good player and has been excellent in the CL however in the league in 10 apps he has 2 goals (both vs Stoke) and 0 assists. If he hadn't been so good against an Inter team Rafa has destroyed then no one would be talking about him. Mark him tightly, never give him space and try and show him on to his right foot and that's him stopped as documented by practically every right back in the league this season including Phil Neville.

barca96

:lol:
Just a few days ago Nani said that he thinks that he belongs to the world's best.
I think the media brainswashed him
A few years ago, during the first match of the season or so, this big black English forward, cant remember his name but he plays/played for Birmingham, scored a brace and his manager started claiming that he is a world class striker.
Before that he was on a year long draught(exag!) and after the brace went on another long draught(true)
They just need to stfu and play the game!

Bale young? Shit. It feels like he's been around for ages. I remember seeing him at Southampton. he caught my eye then cause he looked like a good friend of mine.
But I thought Bale was a LB back then. He looks like a winger now

maxan10

SirTugAlot
Just a few days ago Nani said that he thinks that he belongs to the world's best.
A few years ago, during the first match of the season or so, this big black English forward, cant remember his name but he plays/played for Birmingham, scored a brace and his manager started claiming that he is a world class striker.
Before that he was on a year long draught(exag!) and after the brace went on another long draught(true)

Bale young? Shit. It feels like he's been around for ages. I remember seeing him at Southampton. he caught my eye then cause he looked like a good friend of mine.

i think nani was talking in terms of adapting to a winning mentality, he feels if he is to play for the biggest club in the world then he has to think he is amongst the best players otherwise wth is he doing there if he's mediocre.. which he isn't :d he revealed too much on the ronaldo-nani phone calls and his attitude is definitely heading towards that of ronaldo including his sportsmanship.

People shouldn't hate(not u b96) on garildo! bale plays so well with the tottenham system. he's relatively young and his impact in these big games usually comes when he plays offensive winger, with less emphasis on defensive duties, he still assists, eg. when he picks a ball and drives it 70 beastly yards. there are frailties in his defensive play but nobody expects him to stay rigid at any of these positions through out a match,he's known for his endurance.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
They actually debated on an English radio station whether or not Bale is the best player in the world or not :lol: sums up the pathetic media over here.

Bale is a very good player and has been excellent in the CL however in the league in 10 apps he has 2 goals (both vs Stoke) and 0 assists. If he hadn't been so good against an Inter team Rafa has destroyed then no one would be talking about him. Mark him tightly, never give him space and try and show him on to his right foot and that's him stopped as documented by practically every right back in the league this season including Phil Neville.

Errm no you're absolutely wrong and can only fool people who don't watch the EPL with that ridiculous statement. Every right-back in the league?? pfft get real.

People here might not have been talking about him but people who follow the EPL closely will tell you he has put on brilliant performances for Spurs this year and was instrumental in all their good results. The only two matches I saw him have an average game were against Everton and United. Against Everton, he was obviously exhausted, Harry said himself Bale was out of gas before the game and he was strongly considering resting him, but he didn't, and no Phil Neville did not stop him, in fact Bale played at RW for a good part of that game.

Assuming he hasn't been good due to him not scoring more than 2 goals is absurd, first of all scoring goals is not a LW's main duty, and second of all a LW doesn't need goals and assists to prove he is playing well. I'm not at all agreeing with the English media that he is anywhere near the best player in Europe, but people here just see him play in the UCL, watch him destroy the Champions twice, watch people who never saw him play before hype him up, and then assume he is overrated due to the enormous hype he is getting. The hype is deserved, not because of these 2 matches, but because he has been performing brilliantly and consistently at a high level and in big games in the EPL last season, and is continuing to do so this season.

This is coming from a guy who can't even stand tottenham...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

WOW... You, sir, summarized how any left footed player in the world can be stopped!!

Agree he's only one-dimensional. But give him the due credit for being at least that good. He was always a defender for Christ's sake. Just look at the likes of Lennon, Walcott, Bentley, etc(the usual English wingers) even though they played in the attacking position through out their life they are still totally one dimensional!! Lennon only expanded his game very recently. Walcott is still the same headless chicken-mindless running(only, the change in formation at Arsenal had come to great advantage of him because now he'd find himself in goal scoring positions more often). There isn't even hope for Bentley.

Bale has tremendous heights to be reached. Right now all he wants to do is push up and look for a cross. Just give him enough confidence in holding the ball, which he can do to a great extent because of his huge physical strength, and he'd excel even as a winger. Mark him as you've explained there and he will be able to bring the full backs or mid fielders into the crossing positions! So Bale effectively will start to attract 2 defenders away giving his team the numerical advantage!!

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak

well, nani IS one of the best.. He has been in like 2 years since he starts regularly for ManU... :)
As for Bale, he is 21.. i gues you think he is older because he plays for first team since he was 17 :)

Errm no you're absolutely wrong and can only fool people who don't watch the EPL with that ridiculous statement. Every right-back in the league?? pfft get real.

People here might not have been talking about him but people who follow the EPL closely will tell you he has put on brilliant performances for Spurs this year and was instrumental in all their good results. The only two matches I saw him have an average game were against Everton and United. Against Everton, he was obviously exhausted, Harry said himself Bale was out of gas before the game and he was strongly considering resting him, but he didn't, and no Phil Neville did not stop him, in fact Bale played at RW for a good part of that game.

Assuming he hasn't been good due to him not scoring more than 2 goals is absurd, first of all scoring goals is not a LW's main duty, and second of all a LW doesn't need goals and assists to prove he is playing well. I'm not at all agreeing with the English media that he is anywhere near the best player in Europe, but people here just see him play in the UCL, watch him destroy the Champions twice, watch people who never saw him play before hype him up, and then assume he is overrated due to the enormous hype he is getting. The hype is deserved, not because of these 2 matches, but because he has been performing brilliantly and consistently at a high level and in big games in the EPL last season, and is continuing to do so this season.

:worthy: :worthy: you just saved me the typing :D

as i said in this or in some other thread, since EPL is overrating their players, people tend to underrate them ;) same with Gareth...

Chainsaw

Killahead
Barca doesn't need Bale as long as they play with the current formation. Abidal is there because of his defence ability something that Bale is completely vice versa. He's an attacking option not defence option.

Bergkamp10

I was exaggerating...

Well for someone who the media are saying is worth upwards of £30m, surely you'd expect more than 2 goals and 0 assists in the league. NO assists for an attacking winger, that's awful. 102 players in the league have more assist than him this season. He's been good in the league but he's been no where near the outstanding players.

Maybe he was on the RW because he had to switch sides as he couldn't get past Neville? The fact that he has 0 assists in the league suggests that in the PL, teams have worked him out a bit.

I'm not saying he's not a fantastic player but against Inter he got the ball, knocked it past Maicon and ran very fast. He's an excellent crosser of the ball so 0 assists in 10 games is awful. He may have ran out of steam vs Everton but he must have been fit enough to start if not he'd have been on the bench. VdV has been Spurs' star performer in the league, if it hadn't been for him they would have dropped a lot of points vs teams at home - games where Bale didn't contribute much.

Rohit

I was exaggerating...

Well for someone who the media are saying is worth upwards of £30m, surely you'd expect more than 2 goals and 0 assists in the league. NO assists for an attacking winger, that's awful. 102 players in the league have more assist than him this season. He's been good in the league but he's been no where near the outstanding players.

Maybe he was on the RW because he had to switch sides as he couldn't get past Neville? The fact that he has 0 assists in the league suggests that in the PL, teams have worked him out a bit.

I'm not saying he's not a fantastic player but against Inter he got the ball, knocked it past Maicon and ran very fast. He's an excellent crosser of the ball so 0 assists in 10 games is awful. He may have ran out of steam vs Everton but he must have been fit enough to start if not he'd have been on the bench. VdV has been Spurs' star performer in the league, if it hadn't been for him they would have dropped a lot of points vs teams at home - games where Bale didn't contribute much.

Yup the sky and english media wankfest over bale is abit of a shame, claiming his in the league of messi and ronaldo, how comes he was in rafaels back pocket. In the coming months teams will double up on bale and i cant wait till teams start parking the bus against tottenham. Theyve had it too easy manu,chelsea, arsenal and liverpool over the years have had to face teams which just park the bus now i think it till be tottenhams time and see what plan good 'ol Arry has for it.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
The media is starting to piss me off over Bale now. One nutjob even declared in his newspaper column that Bale was the second best player in the world after Xavi

:hang:

The one shining light for the English Media is that Adrian Durham on TalkSport is shocked by this bunch of garbage and is trying to tell fans and media they should just take it slow with the hype because they are starting to overrate Bale now.

Koma

Agree, he made some good moves but that shouldn't make him a new Maradona. If he continues to play like this he can be considered to be one of the best, but for now, he had some good games. :)

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
The media is starting to piss me off over Bale now. One nutjob even declared in his newspaper column that Bale was the second best player in the world after Xavi

:hang:

The one shining light for the English Media is that Adrian Durham on TalkSport is shocked by this bunch of garbage and is trying to tell fans and media they should just take it slow with the hype because they are starting to overrate Bale now.

Wow it amazes me how they even noted Xavi for once i swear nobody even mentions him and he's the best player i've ever seen

Home of Barca Fans