Gareth Bale

Bergkamp10

I do have a feeling that United will get the money from someone for Bale. With Valencia having his leg broken and Giggs not getting any younger, he's perfect for them. If they came calling, there's no way he'd stay at Spurs. As I said before, he owes them nothing, they treated him badly until Ekotto got injured and Redknapp was forced to play him. He was on the verge of signing for Notingham Forest.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I do have a feeling that United will get the money from someone for Bale. With Valencia having his leg broken and Giggs not getting any younger, he's perfect for them. If they came calling, there's no way he'd stay at Spurs. As I said before, he owes them nothing, they treated him badly until Ekotto got injured and Redknapp was forced to play him. He was on the verge of signing for Notingham Forest.

Yeah, as much as I would prefer to see Bale at Barcelona, I can easily see him heading over to Man United, just about every decent Tottenham player heads there when they want to move up a level i.e Carrick, Berbatov etc

Trequartista

The good
Zubizarreta :
"He is an interesting footballer with a different style which could be positive for La Liga," "But I need to make it clear I have not spoken to anyone."
I really like him buy why are we chasing him?

Robbie

He has blinding pace, gets in the right areas, and can score. In La Liga he would be very effective.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
if we signed him, it would be to play LB I am sure.

his physique is very similar to Abidal's, and he has that direct style of play as well.

plus LB's are basically LW's in our system anyway.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I think so, too...But if I had to choose, I'd prefer Coentrão

I think he recently signed a long-term contract with a massive buy-out clause. So that's unlikely.

I'm not so sure on Bale though. He would have to play left back in our system and his defending is too suspect. Him and Alves both surging forward would leave our defense exposed too often.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think he recently signed a long-term contract with a massive buy-out clause. So that's unlikely.

I'm not so sure on Bale though. He would have to play left back in our system and his defending is too suspect. Him and Alves both surging forward would leave our defense exposed too often.

That last part is mainly the reason why I would prefer Coentrão over Bale, all things being equal...But, it's true, I believe he's signed through 2016 with something like a €30 million buyout

I prefer the overall attributes of Coentrão...Better defensively and technically, on the ball...Pace wise, very similar, IMHO with Bale being a just a tad taller and physically bigger...Both have very strong left legs

Hamzah

High Definition Member
We don't need a left back. Abidal is solid enough even though he makes mistakes and Maxwell was an excellent signing. Great going forward and helps in the build up.

Trequartista

The good
if we signed him, it would be to play LB I am sure.

his physique is very similar to Abidal's, and he has that direct style of play as well.

plus LB's are basically LW's in our system anyway.

If we sign him(we wont),he will play as a left winger,In our system the LB is not a LW,When Abidal plays he plays more as a third centreback,Maxwell is more balanced,Adriano is one of the most attacking minded fullbacks in world,when he playes he plays as a LW which means no balance at the team having Alves as a rightback,thats why we didnt see a lot from Adriano on the left this season so far,even with Busi acting as a third CB this is not enough to play with 2 attacking minded fullbacks,we need to play Mascherano and Busi toogether if we want to do so(as a double pivot not Busquets playing ahead of Mascherano)anyway we dont have a classic winger like Ble in our squad but we dont need one,a striker is still a piority,Bale remains a good option in the future but def not now

Yeah I believe Coentrao will be the best left back in the world soon enough.

I think Benfica use him more as a winger nowadays

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I still don't think this guys anything special, sure he's got great pace and a good crosser but against teams that play defensive he wouldn't do jack because he'd have no space to run into, meh just my two cents.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I still don't think this guys anything special, sure he's got great pace and a good crosser but against teams that play defensive he wouldn't do jack because he'd have no space to run into, meh just my two cents.

Agree with you. He's fast. That's it.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
i dont agree... he is one of the most complete players in the world... i've been saying that for 3 years now..

Home of Barca Fans