Gareth Bale

footyfan

Calma, calma
That's exactly what Bale did for Iniesta's goal..

Yes, but after the goal he corrected it. Carvajal was at fault there really, he was tucked in quite tightly. Also, I think Ancelotti switched Bale and Benzema in other moments.

I will say I was amused because he sometimes played like Theo Walcott, just running forward without any ideas. Not worthy of 100 million.

Antimilan

Hardly. Did you watch him play or just check his stats? For someone who's new to the league, he's doing extremely well, sadly. Much better than I would have expected him to.

Maybe... if they would buy him for 10 million. Not worth the sum paid. He should be there near Cristina, and he is clearly not. If you consider some lucky shots and goals as "extremely well" performing, then it could be. It all depends in what perspective you judge him. However, even many madridistas that I know agree that he has been a flop so far, that's the reality, sadly or not, it is quite obvious.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Absolutely, Ronaldo also didn't perform that amazingly during his first season compared to the seasons that followed.

CesDel

Hardly. Did you watch him play or just check his stats? For someone who's new to the league, he's doing extremely well, sadly. Much better than I would have expected him to.

While I must admit that I have not seen that much of Real Madrid, the few times that I do watch them Bale tends to be very underwhelming. He get's an assist or goal, but that's it. He is not a constant threat, which is something that I thought he would be.

I mean, compared to the guy that he is always compared to, in the first half of the season Bale already had better numbers than Neymar, yet I thought that Neymar was a more constant threat during the 90 mins of a match..

Last edited:

Theconomist

He hasn't had a big game for Real yet but the stats don't lie, he's going to be banging a 20 goal debut season. Amazing 2nd goal today.

Home of Barca Fans