Gabriel Milito

Chainsaw

Killahead
Lazio and Lyon were interested in him some weeks ago. Lazio was reported to only 3m for him which is half the asking price by Barca. Lyon instead was willing to offer the 6m. But the rumors were cooled down after that.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Centre-back Gabriel Milito (30), who has a contract until 2012, is close to joining Argentinian club Independiente on a free transfer [rac1]

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
no one will buy him after that horrendous season, capped off by the awful Copa America.

this way, we at least get his wages off the books.

F

Flavia

no one will buy him after that horrendous season, capped off by the awful Copa America.

this way, we at least get his wages off the books.
Yes, it was the best solution. Or he'd stay and we'd have to pay for a dead weight.

Co0ter

I'm quite happy with the business done for a change pertaining to bringing in players....26mil +11.5 variables for Sanchez was good...3-4mil for Afellay was awesome....

But boy do we suck at shipping out players. 10mil for Bojan was decent I guess...but I wasn't impressed. Young talents from Brazil with less hype sell for more. Pato is 1 year older, a young striker and he's worth 4x more...same with Neymar, Balotelli etc. I guess 10mil was all we could get if there was going to be a buy-back clause...5mil for Jeffren, garbage, and now Milito for free?!?! You're telling me we couldn't squeeze 1-2mil out of someone for him?! It's only 1-2mil but I rather get SOMETHING than NOTHING. It adds up.

Not to mention Hleb, Kierrison + all the other players we keep loaning out. Just sell them already Jesus, they are not going to make it into our first team- Either we deserve and will buy better or our youth players are more promising.

Time to take out the trash...and I don't mean give them away for free or loan them until their contracts are basically up.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
apart from Real Madrid, you won't find a top club that sells for good money (and I doubt you'd find one that sells for a profit), because top clubs rarely sell players until they're past their best/not up to the task. Madrid are the only exception to this rule because they have constant player turnover, so the lads they're shifting are often still pretty freakin' good.

SwiftGuyver

we should just give Hleb away as well and get his stupidly high wages off our books, i wouldn't expect anyone to pay for him tbh...

Home of Barca Fans