Frank Rijkaard

S

Sarunas

Rajkard is nothing as a coach compared to Ten Cate...

The results speaks for it...

He failed with Galatasaray, and he failed in Barcelona when HTC left...He also relegated with Brenda...

Unlike Ten Cate, who :

He took control of new promoted in Liga 1 of Holland, Brenda, and he managed a 9th place (over 18 teams) in first year with third best defence in the league, a 6th place in the second year, and a 4th place in third and last year...This team was then relegated by Rajkard...

He won three titles with Ajax in one year...

He finished 3rd with Vitesse, wich is the best position in the history of this club, playing fantastic football, and that run was the reason Cruyff chose him for Barca...

He finished 6th with a team who was buttleing for relegate last year (14th), and he guide them to the Dutch Cup final (Sparta Roterdam)

He is the only coach that guide Chelsea to a Champions League final, with the supposing Manager being an another 'Rajcard' who failed in any other attempt to manage without HTC...

He is a god to most of Panathinaikos fans, and the reason he left had nothing to do with his ability of managing...The reason was that some people of the board, didnt want the team to grow...

Anyway i have a question for Barcelona fans...

Is today's brilliant team, a result of Ten Cate/Rajcard work???
I know its not 100% their work, but was it the base to todays team???

Last edited:

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Rajkard is nothing as a coach compared to Ten Cate...

The results speaks for it...

He failed with Galatasaray, and he failed in Barcelona when HTC left...He also relegated with Brenda...

Unlike Ten Cate, who :

He took control of new promoted in Liga 1 of Holland, Brenda, and he managed a 9th place (over 18 teams) in first year with third best defence in the league, a 6th place in the second year, and a 4th place in third and last year...This team was then relegated by Rajkard...He won three titles with Ajax in one year...

He finished 3rd with Vitesse, wich is the best position in the history of this club, playing fantastic football, and that run was the reason Cruyff chose him for Barca...

He finished 6th with a team who was buttleing for relegate last year (14th), and he guide them to the Dutch Cup final (Sparta Roterdam)

He is the only coach that guide Chelsea to a Champions League final, with the supposing Manager being an another 'Rajcard' who failed in any other attempt to manage without HTC...

He is a god to most of Panathinaikos fans, and the reason he left had nothing to do with his ability of managing...The reason was that some people of the board, didnt want the team to grow...

Anyway i have a question for Barcelona fans...

Is today's brilliant team, a result of Ten Cate/Rajcard work???
I know its not 100% their work, but was it the base to todays team???

Rijkaard didn't relegate with NAC Breda (not Brenda). It was Sparta Rotterdam that went down with Rijkaard as a coach.

S

Sarunas

I understand Cruyff's contribution, but its not ONLY for him...if it was, he wouldnt have to "hire" great managers such as Robson, Van Gaal, Ten Cate etc...

Jesse1509 you are right my bad...

Anyway i ve found my "answer" in another topic...While Pep inherited a good team and Rijkaard and HTC helped set the stage, especially after HTC left the team was a tactical disaster and undisciplined. Pep's Barca is a much different team from Rijkaards. Might he have struggled had he taken over 6 years earlier? Probably, Pep is a very inexperienced coach and still tactically naive in a lot of ways, but the system is very different.

Hatem Ben Arfa

I understand Cruyff's contribution, but its not ONLY for him...if it was, he wouldnt have to "hire" great managers such as Robson, Van Gaal, Ten Cate etc...

Jesse1509 you are right my bad...

Anyway i ve found my "answer" in another topic...While Pep inherited a good team and Rijkaard and HTC helped set the stage, especially after HTC left the team was a tactical disaster and undisciplined. Pep's Barca is a much different team from Rijkaards. Might he have struggled had he taken over 6 years earlier? Probably, Pep is a very inexperienced coach and still tactically naive in a lot of ways, but the system is very different.

That had nothing to do with it!

The reason why it all went bad was Ronaldinho and Deco partying and ego tripping thinking they don't have to train properly because they are the best in world, Ronaldinho in particular!

Rijkaard is a very good manager.He will succeed in the next job he takes.

ledzep

That had nothing to do with it!

The reason why it all went bad was Ronaldinho and Deco partying and ego tripping thinking they don't have to train properly because they are the best in world, Ronaldinho in particular!

Rijkaard is a very good manager.He will succeed in the next job he takes.

This. The reason Frank's last two seasons went to sh*t was Ronaldinho, Deco and Etoo bursting with egos, partying too much and not training. This affected whole team's morale negatively. Frank is a brilliant coach tactically, also communicative and approachable person, a trait that the likes of Xavi valued so much. Majority of success should be attributed to him, not HTC b/c Rijkaard was the main coach, he was the one who made the fucking decisions, that gave us great years of 04-06

HTC leaving did not mean that Frank was incompetent as a coach (thats a fucking ridiculous thing to think - Frank is top class). Rather him leaving caused disciplinary issues with players, which Frank was known to be "too nice" of a person to deal with.

The work Rijkaard has done for our club should never be underestimated by any cule. If it was not for Riijkard, our team would have been playing at the bottom of the table. He was the coach that turned things around in the crisis year of 2003. He is the coach that got us the Double, and was first to employ attacking strategy after Cruyff.

Last edited:
S

Sarunas

Allow me to agree with the other mate (While Pep inherited a good team...etc), and based on his work on other teams (in Galatasaray for example, he had a dream team in players, compared to other Turkish clubs, and he completely failed in results (they played beautifull football though)...In addition to this, knowing that Barcelona triumphed for 3 years with HTC assistant, and 2 years after the final we won in 2006, Chelsea who also reached the final (their only time), had HTC assistant too, i dont think thats just a coincidence...

Anyway...There is no doubt, that Frank did BRILLIANT job for Barca...

desoe

Rumours are saying that he could become the next manager of Twente. I think it would be a good step for him to get back in rhythm. Twente have a really good squad with nice players, plus they will play in the Champions League again next year. If he's successful there, then he could open his doors to the top clubs of Europe again.

dalitis8

Banned
Not a good manager tbh.

He almost steered Barca into disaster, and could not discipline the squad. He was too lenient on "problematic" players like Deco, Dinho and Eto'o, which definitely showed eventually, with Barca's humiliation in the 2007/08 season. If Barca were decent that season (had we Pep at the helm) we could have won the CL.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Not a good manager tbh.

He almost steered Barca into disaster, and could not discipline the squad. He was too lenient on "problematic" players like Deco, Dinho and Eto'o, which definitely showed eventually, with Barca's humiliation in the 2007/08 season. If Barca were decent that season (had we Pep at the helm) we could have won the CL.

Yeah those two magical years of orgasmic football topped with 2 Liga titles and a CL had nothing to do with Frank...

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
Not a good manager tbh.

facepalm.jpg

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Not a good manager tbh.

hahahahaha Dalitis8 "Born to win CL"
you are so obsessed with CL, its really annoying...!

Home of Barca Fans