Franck Ribery

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Following the CL first leg against FCB, Mark Van Bommel has told Catalan radio station RAC-1 that Ribery stated that "If he were to leave in the summer, Barcelona would be his preferred destination"

"He is the best player in Germany right now and would slot into Guardiola's side, because his style of play suits Barca's style. He is very technical and is strong going forward"

Ribery is still under contract til 2012.

MinaFCB

Following the CL first leg against FCB, Mark Van Bommel has told Catalan radio station RAC-1 that Ribery stated that "If he were to leave in the summer, Barcelona would be his preferred destination"

"He is the best player in Germany right now and would slot into Guardiola's side, because his style of play suits Barca's style. He is very technical and is strong going forward"

Ribery is still under contract til 2012.

sometimes you should read what's written before ur post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F

FCB_Titi_LB

with Ribery we gonna have too many stars again....too much expectations...perhaps in 2 seasons it will pay off...then again..perhaps chemistry between him and Henry (but not the case in French NT).

R10-Henry all over again

we dont need big stars with big ego. We need FCB standard players with extra individual quality.

Agree to disagree? Perhaps it will be ok but i dont see Ribery working for the team. It took Henry 2 seasons...

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
My bad Mina, I have no idea how I missed your post :icon_neutral: Thought you were having a go at me for getting it wrong I was like wtf :lol:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
with Ribery we gonna have too many stars again....too much expectations...perhaps in 2 seasons it will pay off...then again..perhaps chemistry between him and Henry (but not the case in French NT).

R10-Henry all over again

we dont need big stars with big ego. We need FCB standard players with extra individual quality.

Agree to disagree? Perhaps it will be ok but i dont see Ribery working for the team. It took Henry 2 seasons...
It took another coach.

MinaFCB

i prefer adebayor..but yea i think we really shouldnt bring ''crack'' ...we dont want to make sth like galacticos...spanish press wrote about bringing Vucinic(AS ROMA)but although he is my fav montenegrian player ,he is our captain ,he is great player...im not sure if he is good enough for barca and if he is willing to be a sub...imo we dont need to bring a crack nor a mediocre player...but also question is do we need to think that much about attack...i think not...imo defence is a weaker point

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
True, but that's nor Pep nor Henry's fault I believe.

Stars are OK, more than OK. Just no lazy stars. that's why Ronnie had to leave.

Henry? A star, but not lazy
Eto'o? A star, but not lazy
Messi? A star, but not lazy
=
best attack in the world.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

just saying ... pep did a great job but i wont give it all to him.
It's Henry in the first place that adapted himself. Henry is a WCP who has everything a FCB standard player could have. Technique ,great 1 touch football,speed,...real athletic...finesse... He went from mr spotlight (arsenal) to a FCB standard player with extra flavour :) because of his characteristics i just mentioned.
Ribery on the other hand is like buying another complete player who can carry the game lilke ronnie did but at the same time can paralyse our play (the team we now have are like 10 same kinda players who tick like a real team) when he gets all passes/play towards him but it doesnt work out.

I dont see Ribery adapting like Henry did because of other characteristics.

gvt2000

I still prefer Van Persie for the left, but I'd rather we sign ribery than silva. I've been saying for ages: Silva is a near-carbon copy of iniesta. He's a great player, don't get me wrong, but we shouldn't spend that amount of money for a player who's going to bring nothing new to the table.

Ribery would add speed to out left side of the field while taking pressure off of messi. I think he'll adapt extremely quick, as he won't have the extra pressure of being a "savior".

maz

I walk the line
If i could choose any player to come in and play on the left it would be ribery without a doubt. However surely we have henry and iniesta there for at least a season more, if not two. Which means whoever we bring in would also need to be able to play on the right as well so he is getting consistent minutes. Thats why i said silva. However if the management are buying exclusively to play on the left then ribery all the way.

shadows

Instead of having a guy who will whine about lack of oppors which may hapmer their NT prospects..why cant we use a guy like Gai who can be an understudy to Henry and will be ready in another 2 years time to play on the left!

Home of Barca Fans