France

raminho

Have to agree with CuleLife4Life... Really hoping this new promising squad will reap the rewards in next summer's euro. Vive Les Bleus!

It boggles my mind how the talent of this French generation was lost on idiots like Benzema, Arfa, Nasri, etc. They call them the 1987 generation on Reddit lol.

Hopefully the youngsters like Griezman, Varane, Pogba, Martial, etc can step up for Euros.

Menez too!

The new generation won't fail like 1987 did

2022. quote me on that :pep:
Seriously though, should be a decent euro, but the more recent crop won't be ready for it.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Do you think the new generation got the talent AND mentality to win a Euro or WC?

They are more like Spain in 2006 & Germany in 2010 .they have the talents but they lack the experience
Once the team grow a bit they could dominate .but I think next Euro will be a too soon competition .for now Germany look like clear favorites

CuleLife4Life

Do you think the new generation got the talent AND mentality to win a Euro or WC?

I doubt this Euros or even WC 18 but I can defintely see them becoming a force come 2020Euros and WC22. They're all so young really that its plausible to believe they'll hit their peak in 5-7 yrs.

Jenks

Who is realistically gonna be better than France at the moment? Germany and maybe Spain? I see no reason why France can't win this, especially with it being at home.

El Flaco

France 23 squad as voted by l'Equipe readers

oDQ1y4H.png

Sagna :lol:
Kanté should have moved ahead of sissoko (the usual backup) for Deschamps as well.
Payet and Coman (and martial) ahead of ben arfa. Giroud after Gignac.

It's a good list.

Messi983

I think Mathieu will make France squad for Euro as 4th CB but won't play much. Maybe last game in group stage if they are already qualified (which they should be) after two games.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Lacazette must surely be in that squad. Valbuena or Kondogbia for Sissoko as well.

But yes for me definitely deserve to be among the favourites and with their group and draw should make at semi final.

Catalan Fan

I already posted about them on the Euro Qualifiers thread, lots of talent and should go far.

Hope they select Kante, because he could honestly have a big tournament imho.He's like Nobby Stiles on steroids.

Home of Barca Fans