Florentino Pérez greatest labour for FC Barcelona?

Florentinos greatest labour for FC Barcelona

• Selling Makelele and deconstructing Del Bosques team

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Firing Vicente del Bosque and destroying the best team in Spain and probably Europe

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Selling us Samuel Eto'o and giving us the best striker in Spain

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Deciding against signing Ronaldinho in favor of David Beckham

Votes: 38 64.4%
  • Hiring Carlos Queiroz who lost 7 of 10 last games giving away the league title to Valencia

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Hiring José Antonio Camacho who resigned after 4 games giving us 2004-05 season

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Hiring Vandelei Luxemburgo who was spanked by Ronaldinho at the Bernabeu

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • iring Juande Ramos and hiring Manuel Pellegrini achieving nothing

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Buying Cristiano Ronaldo pushing Messi to erase Real Madrid from the record books

Votes: 11 18.6%

• Total voters

Beast

The Observer
This is kind of pointless really, you were obviously not around back during Ronaldinho-gate, there were daily stories in Spanish TV, MARCA and AS on Real Madrids negociations with PSG over Ronaldinho, Florentino himself flew to Paris for the negociations with PSG, Ronaldinho flew to Madrid with his agent to negociate his contract. L'Equipe ran a number of articles about Ronaldinhos possible transfer to Real Madrid.

In fact, Florentino not only helped FC Barcelona land Ronaldinho on the last day of the transfer window by insisting on having him stay in PSG, but he also dribbled away Manchester United who was the first club attempting to sign Ronaldinho. Florentino effectively helped FC Barcelona because against United they could never have landed Ronaldinho, it was only because of Florentinos atempt to have Ronaldinho stay in PSG one more season that Rosell could lure him over to FC Barcelona, had it not been for Florentino trying to sign Ronaldinho, he would have signed to Manchester United 100%, FC Barcelona had nothing to offer, they played UEFA cup and was not even the 2:nd best team in Spain back then.

Love the not around bit... i'm been a Madrid fan since 1984 when i was 9... spare me the drama kid

Daily stores about Dinho... If you've been around you can see also daily stories about every potential star on Marca & AS and all the Spanish press don't need to go as far as 2003 but you can simply see how many stories linked us to Falcao since March on DAILY news , how many with Cavani , how many times Cavani parents spoke about Real Madrid did they move ? Suarez ? Hell even Ibra
It's part of our strategy in the transfer market to pull three(the third one IF POSSIBLE ) things
1- Destabilize the club player in case we are serious
2- enforce the player to ask for a transfer
3- move to a completely different direction away from the eyes of other clubs

This is what we did with Beckham in the summer of 2003 , when Laporta was announcing him as his marquee signing .. Real agreed terms with the player a long time ago
Real bid was for the future but Dinho insisted on leaving PSG and was going AWOL on them , they wanted to sell quickly and now and the only two clubs who wanted him now was you & United.. we didn't have the position or the full amount to get Dinho that summer after we splashed on Beckham , our proposal was clearly to pay 8 Million Euro (as i said we didn't have more cash ) but keep him for a year as i said in my previous post CERTAINLY NOT THAT SUMMER
It wasn't the last day of the transfer as you lie about (where is Dinho is ugly link ? or it's just another lie ) , I'm sure you can see the offer for him to stay for a year was made as early as July (you can google it ) because once again we had no spot (nor cash ) for him and Dinho first choice wasn't even us but United who offered him an instant move as he wanted to get away from PSG and CL
Dinho was in Madrid not negotiation with Real , it was made publicly he was shooting an advert for Pepsi... L'equipe !! lol s'il vous plaît give me a break
Graille words was clear that our offer was the best bid not because of finance but because we would have allowed him to stay for a year in PSG (a club banned from transfers by UEFA back than ) , the only transfer bid (not a PROPOSAL like Real one ) offers came from you , United & Chelsea... Rosell made the move happen eventually as well know and United lost the bid
Ronaldinho move wasn't a priority this summer nor you stole it from us in the last moment as you claim , it was you or United at the end as we couldn't and didn't make a bid due to the fee requested

here is from ESPN

ESPNsoccernet: Europe Soccernet

Sunday, July 6, 2003
ESPNsoccernet: July 7, 2:08 PM UK
PSG: Ronaldinho will join Real Madrid
Manchester United look set to miss out on transfer target Ronaldinho as Real Madrid are close to securing the Brazilian's services.

Real have already signed England captain David Beckham from United and snatched the Old Trafford club's assistant manager, Carlos Queiroz, to be their boss.

Ronaldinho is likely to join them at the Bernabeu according to Francis Graille, president of his current club Paris St Germain.
'We're very close to an agreement for Ronaldinho with Real. And we're confident we can find a solution,' Graille told The News Of The World. 'Real want to sign Ronaldinho for the season after next, which is good for us as we want him to stay for one more season.
'Manchester made a modest offer that wasn't worth considering. We've not had any contact with them since we turned down their offer.'
Ronaldinho's agent and brother Roberto Assis said: 'What footballer wouldn't love to play for Real? All the superstars play for them.'
And the player himself continues to lead the posse of clubs chasing him a merry dance with another hint that he might choose Real Madrid.
Real are thought to be offering a 33 per cent down payment on a total fee said to be worth around £24million. However, Ronaldinho has raised more questions than answers by engaging in word games on a flying visit to Madrid for the filming of a Pepsi advert.
'I don't want to talk about my future, because I am on holiday,' he said, before implying he would prefer the option of the Spanish champions.
One ambiguous expression used by the Brazilian World Cup winner further fuelled speculation he could become the Magnificent Seventh 'Galactico' alongside Raul, Roberto Carlos, Luis Figo, Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldo and David Beckham.
'Tengo la mente en blanco,' he said in Spanish, which can be translated either as 'I have an open mind' or also 'I am thinking about white' - that would appear to be a reference to Madrid.
However, reports in Spain and Paris suggest that the player would prefer to move immediately rather than next year and that could be the biggest obstacle to a move to the Bernabeu Stadium.
The Brazilian further complicated matters by catching a plane to London when he left Madrid.
'I don't know if I'll be returning to England to play or not next season,' he said before departing.
If he is indeed planning on gracing the Premier League next season, Chelsea and not United could be his destination thanks to the millions of pounds made available since the club's takeover by Russian businessman Roman Abramovich.
Since the Siberian-based oil baron agreed to take over the London club he has been linked with a host of Europe`s top footballers.
'There is also some interest from Chelsea, although there hasn't been an official offer put to the club yet,' Ronaldinho`s agent and brother Roberto Assis said on Friday.
On July 10 Ronaldinho is expected to join PSG at their pre-season training camp.

----

Xtroverto

Wall of text

You Real fans have been in denial ever since Florentino bought Figo and Zidane, completely oblivious to his f*** ups. I tell you this, ever since Florentino decided to become Bernabeu of the 21st century, Barcelona has only become stronger and stronger. Ten years ago, just the thought of a player like Neymar chosing Barcelona over Real Madrid would have been enough to be incarcerated in an institution for the criminally insane.

Today, it is obvious that Florentino has clearly lost the plot, he has no idea what to do, he changes the team roster more frequently than a woman changes her underwear. He has fired 8 managers in 10 seasons and the other one resigned after 4 games :lol:

He is by faaaaaaaar the best thing that has happened to FC Barcelona since the arrival of Johan Cruyff, Mourinho was well on his way to build an unbeatable team when Florentino decided to ditch him, he effectively destroyed Real Madrids chances to return on top of the european football pyramid. The man really deserves a fanclub in Barcelona, penya Florentinato ;) where FC Barcelona fans can celebrate his ever increasing delusional decisions.

Last edited:

numero

that's exactly the point man... You guys stealing Beckham away from our reach thereby pushing us to opt for Ronaldinho as a cover up for not being able to sign the Golden Boy has been the best thing that ever happened to our club!!

:lol: :lol: Madrid did not steal Bekham. It was an understanding between Rosell and Perez that they will use the Bekham option to fuel their election campaign and MAdrid won't say a word. And they didn't say anything before the election because it was already settled between rosell and perez that after the election they can obviously buy him out.

They won the election by huge margin and RM bought Bekham which was decided long ago.It was a policy that they adopted and thankfully rosell's good friendship with perez helped the scenario.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
:lol: :lol: Madrid did not steal Bekham. It was an understanding between Rosell and Perez that they will use the Bekham option to fuel their election campaign and MAdrid won't say a word. And they didn't say anything before the election because it was already settled between rosell and perez that after the election they can obviously buy him out.

They won the election by huge margin and RM bought Bekham which was decided long ago.It was a policy that they adopted and thankfully rosell's good friendship with perez helped the scenario.
That deal between Rosell and Perez.... Bravo :worthy: That's some deep shit, and I only feel respect for Rosell! I didn't know about it till now

Yugi

You Real fans have been in denial ever since Florentino bought Figo and Zidane, completely oblivious to his f*** ups. I tell you this, ever since Florentino decided to become Bernabeu of the 21st century, Barcelona has only become stronger and stronger. Ten years ago, just the thought of a player like Neymar chosing Barcelona over Real Madrid would have been enough to be incarcerated in an institution for the criminally insane.

Today, it is obvious that Florentino has clearly lost the plot, he has no idea what to do, he changes the team roster more frequently than a woman changes her underwear. He has fired 8 managers in 10 seasons and the other one resigned after 4 games :lol:

He is by faaaaaaaar the best thing that has happened to FC Barcelona since the arrival of Johan Cruyff, Mourinho was well on his way to build an unbeatable team when Florentino decided to ditch him, he effectively destroyed Real Madrids chances to return on top of the european football pyramid. The man really deserves a fanclub in Barcelona, penya Florentinato ;) where FC Barcelona fans can celebrate his ever increasing delusional decisions.

Barca socios should vote for Florentino to stay in Real in next presidental election for sure

Faceless

No more faces at night
I see this thread is getting ready for the upcoming clasico :lol: the Del Bosque saga. Nothing else.

Xtroverto

We'll have to wait and see how it pans out but selling Özil and signing Bale could become one of Florentions most epic F*** ups. Paying 100 million euros for a player with a chronic injury is already epic from a Culé perspective. But it would be even more epic if Özil end up player of the season in Premier League and help Arsenal win the league while Bale spend most of this season in the clinic, LMFAO.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

We'll have to wait and see how it pans out but selling Özil and signing Bale could become one of Florentions most epic F*** ups. Paying 100 million euros for a player with a chronic injury is already epic from a Culé perspective. But it would be even more epic if Özil end up player of the season in Premier League and help Arsenal win the league while Bale spend most of this season in the clinic, LMFAO.

It should be looked at more of selling Ozil and buying Isco though, that is a fairer comparison.

They were after Bale long before they decided to get rid of Ozil.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I voted selling us Eto'o as it is the only thing he did that had a direct impact on our club...

The rest were bad judgement on his behalf that were not intended to strengthen our club, some decisions were bound to fail and others were good on paper but failed ultimately... If we had a crap team and a useless president like at the beginning of the last decade, most of his poor dictatorship would have gone unnoticed...

We have to realize that our current success has been because of us, not because Florentino fucked up...

Home of Barca Fans