FIFA World Cup vs. UEFA Champions League

X

xaviniesta

CL ofcourse.

FIFA and EURO are for couch potatoes who never watch football besides that. CL has the real quality.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
GTFO. This is the most pointless poll ever. Ask any player, any player at all if they would rather win the CL or WC, and they will choose the WC 10/10 times. As a player depending on your club you have 10-15 chances to win the CL, but possibly only 2-3 to win the WC, screw the CL.

If the question was which competition had the better football, then yes, it would be the CL. I agree the champions league is the All Stars but if you win a World Cup you are automatically a legend no questions about that. Which is why Messi HAS to win it to be considered the greatest of all time, winning 5 CL's won't give him that.

X

xaviniesta

If the question was which competition had the better football, then yes, it would be the CL. I agree the champions league is the All Stars but if you win a World Cup you are automatically a legend no questions about that. Which is why Messi HAS to win it to be considered the greatest of all time, winning 5 CL's won't give him that.

so torres is a legend and cruyff isn't? nice logic man.

whats next. the confederation cup is more precious because its played in every 4 years? :lol:

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
GTFO. This is the most pointless poll ever. Ask any player, any player at all if they would rather win the CL or WC, and they will choose the WC 10/10 times. As a player depending on your club you have 10-15 chances to win the CL, but possibly only 2-3 to win the WC, screw the CL.

do the NT's pay wages or do the clubs pay wages to the players?

Alik

I mostly agree with this.

whats next. the confederation cup is more precious because its played in every 4 years? :lol:
Torres is a legend (even if he is sucking now.)

There's other ways of achieving that status, but WC is a guaranteed way.

The WC is the most prestigious cup.

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

If you don't think the world cup is prestigious then you're an idiot. The Champions League has more competition but the world cup is the biggest stage. I think Messi has to take Argentina to at least the semis once in order for him to be considered the GOAT by the majority of football fans. If he wins the world cup with Argentina then he will be the GOAT without question. Champions League you get a chance every year. The only way you could make an exception is if there was an amazing player that was from like San Marino or something. Even then, they would still be expected to use their individual quality to at least help their team qualify for the world cup.

raskolnikov

We can agree the world cup is more prestigious since its seen as the ultimate price in the game, and you only get a few chances to win it before its up to the next generation.
Difference between messi and a lot of players is that they create their legacy by winning a world cup than build off it while messi needs it to complete his already highly build legacy.

X

xaviniesta

what if argentina wins next world cup but lets say messi plays very very poorly. kun is the MVP and torres golden shoe. does it automaticly makes messi GOAT as you all say here?

or the other hand, messi performs really well, i mean basicly carring his team to final, scoring lot of goals, being entertaining, but lose to spain in final after penalties. so he is not the GOAT because he has not WC?

this is just so mindfuck, just as useless as people comparing messi and CR purely by their goal ratio

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA

Like you have alluded on to in this post, depends on if said player played a big part in winning the World Cup like say Xavi being the brains behind La Roja in 2010. His performance can never be forgotten, his play was so methodical and brilliant.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA

Confederation Cup really means nothing but the World Cup is still the most prestigious trophy a player can win, especially if said player plays a big part in winning it. Look @ R9, he's remembered more for his accolades w/ Brasil then club.

Home of Barca Fans