Fifa report into alleged corruption clears Qatar to host 2022 World Cup

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I am not arguing with you, since I think you agree with me, just adding to the conversation:

That's what western nations always say. "Corruption" is their number one excuse for everything. For why their ex-colonies are poor, for why they should always organize big events, for why their puppets should be ruling country X or Y etc etc etc etc...

It's not an excuse if it's true. Then it's just a reason.

Not sure why continue to perpetuate the wrong narrative that all that's happened is a retaliation for losing out World Cup bids. It's simply not accurate.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I actually meant that CONMEBOL and UEFA would simply leave FIFA and make their own FA, Blatter wouldnt be able to do anything then because he's not their boss anymore and the World Cup wouldnt be that awesome with Botswana and Kiribati Islands in the final. Who could blame them actually for stepping out of a federation, that is that corrupt and supporting slavery and genocide in Qatar?
I dont expect this to happen, but I actually like this Idea. Would be awesome to see the face expression of Blatter and co., it would indeed however be very messy and cause lots of internatl problems inside the FAs.

Hard to fracture away from FIFA when you don't have unanimous support of your members. Can in theory UEFA and CONMEBOL do it? Yes. They can sustain themselves completely without FIFA. But unless there's unanimous support it's just not likely, not that it is likely even with unanimous support.

We'll see what happens.

gotta be cynical when thinking about stuff like this.
For minuscule countries, and blatantly corrupt representatives (africa leading the way), almost nothing can stop corruption. The cake is way too big.
Countries like the US, russia, etc are big enough that they have tons of other shit to deal with and worldwide mediatization is extremely important for them, these events serve a self sponsorship and the positives outweigh the negatives for them. Whatever corruption occurs there is led by individuals and is mostly not endemic.

For example the winter olympic games in russia went down as one of the most expensive ever iirc, and that's because lots of assets were overvalued so that individuals could make easy money out of it, but you can bet that Putin was actively and truthfully displeased with that.

Last edited:

Yannik

heard that Blatter announced in his victory speech that he is increasing the number of participants in the executive committee from 25 to 30.
That means that europe+south america do not have the majority of seats anymore.

Just like that.
This guy is the coldest bastard i have ever seen in football, in my life. :D

Last edited:

StarLord

gotta be cynical when thinking about stuff like this.
For minuscule countries, and blatantly corrupt representatives (africa leading the way), almost nothing can stop corruption. The cake is way too big.
Countries like the US, russia, etc are big enough that they have tons of other shit to deal with and worldwide mediatization is extremely important for them, these events serve a self sponsorship and the positives outweigh the negatives for them. Whatever corruption occurs there is led by individuals and is mostly not endemic.

For example the winter olympic games in russia went down as one of the most expensive ever iirc, and that's because lots of assets were overvalued so that individuals could make easy money out of it, but you can bet that Putin was actively and truthfully displeased with that.

The cost of the Sochi Olympics has been massively exaggerated by the Western Propaganda Ministry (sorry, I meant free press)

They included in their reported numbers several other infrastructure projects penciled for Fiscal Year 2014 all over Russia. The entire Sochi region has been turned into a world class luxury resort. The cost of the Olympics was only a fraction of that sum reported by the likes of the "Guardian" etc... Like I said before, not one thing you read about Russia in the western media is remotely true.

That is not to say of course that there isn't corruption in Russia, you bet there is. But it is no worse than your run-of-the-mill country, there is nothing exceptional about it.

All this fuss about Blatter has been kicked up since Russia got the 2018 World Cup, some circles in the West did not like that, not one bit.

I can provide examples of mythical corruption taking place in western countries as well.

StarLord

It's not an excuse if it's true. Then it's just a reason.

Not sure why continue to perpetuate the wrong narrative that all that's happened is a retaliation for losing out World Cup bids. It's simply not accurate.

Of course it's true (that there is corruption in all developing countries) That has not stopped some of them, like South Korea and Japan who had a mixture of right policies and help from the West to perform miracles, or others, such as China, who had to endure the enmity of the West, but had the resolve + the right policies.

As for the World Cup bids. There is not an iota of doubt in my mind, that this entire story about Blatter + arrests of officials, is about EU countries being butthurt about failing with their bids, and about the USA being bitchy with everything Russia-related. What, you think that corruption in FIFA was introduced 5 years ago?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
As for the World Cup bids. There is not an iota of doubt in my mind, that this entire story about Blatter + arrests of officials, is about EU countries being butthurt about failing with their bids, and about the USA being bitchy with everything Russia-related. What, you think that corruption in FIFA was introduced 5 years ago?

There might not be an iota of doubt in your mind, but know that your certainty is entirely based on speculations and belief, not facts.

Not only do the US DoJ and FBI have zero interest in who receives the WC, but the investigation precedes the 2010 bid election and the breakthroughs occurred because illegal activities perpetrated in US soil and using US assets. None of the charges and indictments unsealed on wednesday mention those WC or WC bids. The investigation on those bids was opened by the Swiss authorities on that day.

Again, it is a wrong narrative that needs to stop being perpetuated.

The cost of the Sochi Olympics has been massively exaggerated by the Western Propaganda Ministry (sorry, I meant free press)

They included in their reported numbers several other infrastructure projects penciled for Fiscal Year 2014 all over Russia. The entire Sochi region has been turned into a world class luxury resort. The cost of the Olympics was only a fraction of that sum reported by the likes of the "Guardian" etc...

I did say "one of the most expensive" while the western media reported it as by far the most expensive.
There's no need to come up with counter examples in the west though, its not a competition

Morten

Corruption for WC/olympics bids is one thing, but Qatar is taking it to a new level with their complete disconsern of safety and rights for the contruction workers. Throwing away human lives is far worse imo, and plenty of people have died and will continue to die just so that Qatar can get their moment of glory. Qatars world cup shouldnt have the world cup regardless if their bid was the best or not.

Alarcón

LOL Blatter just had a dig at Platini and the media on Swiss television, said that even though Platini has been shouting for 2 days that Blatter should be gone, "gone is here for another 4 years", and that everyone properly congratulated him after the election except for Platini :lol:

He also said FIFA has a bad image only because of the media, that he doesn't "have to love all the countries" but will still work with them, and that he will build up his successor himself.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
LOL Blatter just had a dig at Platini and the media on Swiss television, said that even though Platini has been shouting for 2 days that Blatter should be gone, "gone is here for another 4 years", and that everyone properly congratulated him after the election except for Platini :lol:

He also said FIFA has a bad image only because of the media, that he doesn't "have to love all the countries" but will still work with them, and that he will build up his successor himself.

:lol:

Catalan Fan

As things stand, there are two possibilities of getting rid of him...

1.Possibly more arrests and charges of FIFA members, which could implicate Blatter personally.

2.UEFA announce they will boycott the 2018/2022 WC's and wait for the sponsors to follow suit.That would put serious pressure on Blatter.

I realise option 2 would be hard to implement, as it obviously wouldn't be unanimous, but I can't think of any other scenarios at present that could actually oust him ?

EDIT; UEFA next meet at the CL final in Berlin.

raskolnikov

As things stand, there are two possibilities of getting rid of him...

1.Possibly more arrests and charges of FIFA members, which could implicate Blatter personally.

2.UEFA announce they will boycott the 2018/2022 WC's and wait for the sponsors to follow suit.That would put serious pressure on Blatter.

I realise option 2 would be hard to implement, as it obviously wouldn't be unanimous, but I can't think of any other scenarios at present that could actually oust him ?

EDIT; UEFA next meet at the CL final in Berlin.
option 3: He dies, Blatter is 79, he could realistically die any moment or have some an injury that makes him unable to work. in 2022 he will be 86.
He will most likely hold on his position till death, he got that organzition locked. Its beautiful to see the brutality of it in a way for me but as a football fan its best if he goes quickly even though I think his replacement will be easily equally terrible.

Catalan Fan

option 3: He dies, Blatter is 79, he could realistically die any moment or have some an injury that makes him unable to work. in 2022 he will be 86.
He will most likely hold on his position till death, he got that organzition locked. Its beautiful to see the brutality of it in a way for me but as a football fan its best if he goes quickly even though I think his replacement will be easily equally terrible.

What if he lives to be 120 ? :banghead:

Thing is, even if any of the above options actually happened, you've still got the problem of the voting process, as everyone discussed previously.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Blatter will cover his tracks expertly like he always has. He's never going to be caught. Cunt.

Home of Barca Fans