Fifa report into alleged corruption clears Qatar to host 2022 World Cup

BenRobbins

Slightly off topic and perhaps biased but how on earth has England not hosted a World Cup since 66. I know we are pretty much universally hated but Facilities wise, the love of the game and atmosphere wise we are one of the best choices to host it in the World.

David Gill (Ex United CEO) has said he will not be vice-president and take over from jim boyce if Blatter wins the election and that he refused to do it

ebc_99

How many times have England bid for it? I think they used to alternate between the Americas and Europe but I'm not sure how it works now. But there are so many footballing nations in Europe that it would take a while to get back round to England. France, Italy, Spain and Germany have all held it since 66 so logically England should be the next European nation after Russia unless some of the smaller nations want to team up.

Catalan Fan

How many times have England bid for it? I think they used to alternate between the Americas and Europe but I'm not sure how it works now. But there are so many footballing nations in Europe that it would take a while to get back round to England. France, Italy, Spain and Germany have all held it since 66 so logically England should be the next European nation after Russia unless some of the smaller nations want to team up.

If Blatter is still in charge, he'd probably pick fucking Andorra or Liechtenstein over England.

raskolnikov

I hope they take it away from Qatar and give it to England, bring football back to its roots.

khaled_a_d

Slightly off topic and perhaps biased but how on earth has England not hosted a World Cup since 66. I know we are pretty much universally hated but Facilities wise, the love of the game and atmosphere wise we are one of the best choices to host it in the World.

David Gill (Ex United CEO) has said he will not be vice-president and take over from jim boyce if Blatter wins the election and that he refused to do it

The World Cup has been continentally rotating more lately and it is no more one world cup in Europe in every 2 .
The last 3 European countries to host was Germany in 2006 and France in 1998 and I might say they are as good(may be even better)than England in terms of preparation to host such even,3rd one is Italy 25 years ago and they had good facilities too and better football atmosphere relative to the time being
The only questioned one was 2018 ,was coming back to Europe .you fierce competition with Spain-Portugal,Belgium-Netherlands and Russia .I don't know why FIFA decided for Russia but probably being hated played a role .

khaled_a_d

No surprise, we all saw that with the south Korea games against Italy and Spain. I was rooting for South Korea like most people but it was very obvious.

Against Italy? may be but against Spain it was just 2 bad mistakes one by the main referee Gamal El Ghandour(he is sort of referee legend here) when he canceled the 1st goal falsely .second one was by assistant who pointed the ball went out of the field and he did it when it was in the air b4 it was scored . El Ghandour was ranked 4th best referee in the world back then btw and I doubt he would play a part in match fixing
It is sort of everyone now will blame FIFA for every shit happened in football for the last 2 decades and try to use that opportunity

raskolnikov

Against Italy? may be but against Spain it was just 2 bad mistakes one by the main referee Gamal El Ghandour(he is sort of referee legend here) when he canceled the 1st goal falsely .second one was by assistant who pointed the ball went out of the field and he did it when it was in the air b4 it was scored . El Ghandour was ranked 4th best referee in the world back then btw and I doubt he would play a part in match fixing
It is sort of everyone now will blame FIFA for every shit happened in football for the last 2 decades and try to use that opportunity

Especially Italy, remember:

Fuck, think its the wrong vid, im too tired though, going to sleep,sorry. But you can find a lot of vids on it on yt about South Korea getting help towards the semi's.

I also thought the Rivaldo dive that got a player send of influenced the course of Brazil/Turkey as well and was a very bad call. Made me lose a lot of respect for Rivaldo as well.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Russia is hypothetically stripped off their hosting rights then why should it go to England? Should go to Spain/Portugal since they came 2nd in the voting.

Same with 2022. USA came 2nd so they should get it, unless it's decided a new voting round will be held.

And if we go by the Garcia report then apparently Netherlands/Belgium were the only one not involved in trying to buy votes.

raskolnikov

If Russia is hypothetically stripped off their hosting rights then why should it go to England? Should go to Spain/Portugal since they came 2nd in the voting.

Same with 2022. USA came 2nd so they should get it, unless it's decided a new voting round will be held.

And if we go by the Garcia report then apparently Netherlands/Belgium were the only one not involved in trying to buy votes.
Then it should go to Netherlands/Belgium, that would be the most fair outcome if that report is the truth.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
2022 should be in Australia. We're, as a country, much more into football since we made the World Cup in 2006, and we just won the Asian Cup that we hosted so the country is football mad right now, and will continue to be. Hosting a World Cup would be the icing on the cake, and we're already fit to host a tournament with some minimal(compared to Qatar) construction needed, plus we actually care about our workers.

khaled_a_d

Especially Italy, remember:

Fuck, think its the wrong vid, im too tired though, going to sleep,sorry. But you can find a lot of vids on it on yt about South Korea getting help towards the semi's.

I also thought the Rivaldo dive that got a player send of influenced the course of Brazil/Turkey as well and was a very bad call. Made me lose a lot of respect for Rivaldo as well.

Italy was totally robbed and that referee was absolutly shit and there was many accusations against him for taking bribe in his domestic league .that is something I agree with .he kept making calls in favor of S.Korea through the game
But against Spain it was a good refereed game except 2 fatal mistakes ,1 canceled goal saying it was a foul by the offensive player ,second was the assistant referee showing the flag when the ball in the air ,it ended with goal but it was canceled b4 it was played IIRC

Home of Barca Fans