Fifa Ballon d'or 2015

Ronaldo second and either suarez or neymar third. Suarez has the better stats so far.
Who the hell knows who really is the second best in the world... :)

Yannik

A Ronaldo/Messi Podium is guaranteed. Is anyone seriously expecting anything else?
Lets be serious, every year the only thing that is actually exciting is "who will finish 3rd?"
Obviously Neymar and Suarez are thrown into the pot, but with Lewandowski coming up with Messi/Ronaldo scoring-records i wouldnt rule out a surprise.
But I'm not expecting it. Its a popularity award after all as we all know, so its a Barca player, and Neymar has more fans than Suarez, so the choice between them is an easy one.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
But I'm not expecting it. Its a popularity award after all as we all know, so its a Barca player, and Neymar has more fans than Suarez, so the choice between them is an easy one.
And Neymar is not popular at all among journalists and non-Barca players, so he will not be top 3, not a chance.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Suarez also makes for a great story. From a "Villain" to a Hero.

Could be any of Neymar or Suarez for the last spot on the podium. I expect it to be close between the two of them.

Yannik

And Neymar is not popular at all among journalists and non-Barca players, so he will not be top 3, not a chance.

it isnt relevant wether he is liked as a human being or not. He just needs hype going with him. He only needs to be an "obvious choice", someone that is the first name that jumps onto your mind when you think about the third best player. Bayern used the media to throw Ribery into the pot because they won the CL. In 2014 they and germany threw Neuer via the media into the pot. Now in 2015 Barca has thrown both, Neymar and Suarez into the pot. But Neymar is the more obvious choice, because he is "the Messi successor" and shit like that, while Suarez is more of a villian. Thats why he'll be third.

You wont see someone like Lewandowski there, because his name hasnt been connected to the 3rd choice by the media (yet). Its all about the media after all.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
it isnt relevant wether he is liked as a human being or not. He just needs hype going with him. He only needs to be an "obvious choice", someone that is the first name that jumps onto your mind when you think about the third best player. Bayern used the media to throw Ribery into the pot because they won the CL. In 2014 they and germany threw Neuer via the media into the pot. Now in 2015 Barca has thrown both, Neymar and Suarez into the pot. But Neymar is the more obvious choice, because he is "the Messi successor" and shit like that, while Suarez is more of a villian. Thats why he'll be third.

You wont see someone like Lewandowski there, because his name hasnt been connected to the 3rd choice by the media (yet). Its all about the media after all.

Lewandowski has been a BEAST since the start of the season, for both club and NT, but both Suarez and Neymar were better than him last season(and clutch too) and more deserving of that 3rd place.

Richard.H

It's going to be neck and neck between Suarez and Neymar for the 3rd spot. I would personally go for Neymar simply because Suarez was missing until late October.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Ahh my bad. Why do they make these trophies so confusing? Is it so hard to just give it for the season rather than the calendar year? Who even measures statistics by calendar year? Seems really stupid.

It's to account for offseason tournaments (Euros, Copa America, World Cup, etc.).

Home of Barca Fans