Fifa Ballon d'or 2015

Yannik

why the fuck does everyone want to fancily stand out on the red carpet by looking absolutely stupid? Even Neymars thingy looks too much for me, just suit up in some incredibly expensive designer suit, get a proper haircut and off you go. This is the Ballon D'Or, you're not competing with Lady Gaga here.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

why the fuck does everyone want to fancily stand out on the red carpet by looking absolutely stupid? Even Neymars thingy looks too much for me, just suit up in some incredibly expensive designer suit, get a proper haircut and off you go. This is the Ballon D'Or, you're not competing with Lady Gaga here.

Why not?

Yannik

Here+you+go+_df56c6c682513c4dc47668eaa9524881.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is it just me or certain Bayern players and legends are extra salty and whinny? First you had Lahm who came out blasting the Ballon d'Or then you have Paul Breitner saying this.

Not that they don't entirely have a point, but I have a feeling they wouldn't be saying these things if Ribery or another Bayern player had won it.

EXCLUSIVE: Let's just give the Ballon d'Or to Messi every year – Breitner

The 64-year-old is incensed with the award that is, in some quarters, becoming known as football's biggest popularity contest

Bayern Munich adviser and World Cup winner Paul Breitner feels that the Ballon d'Or in its current form is farcical, stating that Fifa might as well just award the honour to Lionel Messi every year.

Breitner's feelings were echoed by the lack of Bayern's presence at the ceremony despite Manuel Neuer's place in team of the year and Pep Guardiola winning second-best coach, but the 64-year-old explained why he was the only person associated with the club in attendance.

“Pep Guardiola puts certain duties above others on his priority list,” Brietner told Goal. “For him, it was more important to train and play – with his full team.

“As long as Fifa are not willing to accept goalkeepers and defenders, as long as the potential candidates start at offensive midfield, we do not need the Ballon d'Or.

“Instead of voting at all, we could just say: as long as Lionel Messi plays football, he will be number one – and Cristiano Ronaldo number two.

“People should be disappointed at how the voting turns out. If nobody is willing to change something, we don't need it.

“It's not Fifa that ends up disappointed, it's football fans from all over the world.”

In his latest column for Goal, Philipp Lahm suggested a world-best-player for each position should be elected in the Ballon d'Or's stead, however Breitner feels he has a better method.

“The World Player of the Year, for me, is the player who shows the biggest gap between himself and the second best player in his position," he added.

“If the voting worked like that, Manuel Neuer would have deservedly lifted the Ballon d'Or two years ago.”

Galning

I don't think it has anything to do with Bayern, more like old people nagging.

It's true that the Ballon d'Or is a popularity contest, Busquets for example wasn't even on the freaking shortlist. But Messi was a deserved winner this year. So he has a point complaining about the format - how will you change it however? Giving it to the person who has the biggest lead on the second best in his position, as he suggests, is pure bullshit.

Is it just me or certain Bayern players and legends are extra salty and whinny? First you had Lahm who came out blasting the Ballon d'Or then you have Paul Breitner saying this.

Not that they don't entirely have a point, but I have a feeling they wouldn't be saying these things if Ribery or another Bayern player had won it.

Probably not. But a lot of you would have thought it would be right if e.g. Xavi would have won it in the past. The Award is too much influenced by marketing and goals and that a lot of the voters do not follow all of the leagues.

That Messi won the Ballon was absolutely right - I even thought he would have had more distance to CR7 who I thought should not have been 2nd.

The FIFA 23 player list is politically influenced and they try to make it as diverse (clubs, leagues, nations) as possible. That is how some of the players like Busquets aren't part of it as there is already too many players of their club or nation in it...

The FIFProXI so is the biggest joke.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Probably not. But a lot of you would have thought it would be right if e.g. Xavi would have won it in the past. The Award is too much influenced by marketing and goals and that a lot of the voters do not follow all of the leagues.

That Messi won the Ballon was absolutely right - I even thought he would have had more distance to CR7 who I thought should not have been 2nd.

The FIFA 23 player list is politically influenced and they try to make it as diverse (clubs, leagues, nations) as possible. That is how some of the players like Busquets aren't part of it as there is already too many players of their club or nation in it...

I just don't know why such criticism (again albeit not without merit) seems to have come from mostly Bayern players/legends. Ribery, Lahm, Breitner...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

They can whine all they want. They are salty because they don't have Messi, that's all.

Who cares about this stuff though. I mean, even Messi himself can't settle those ballon d'or debates.
Ten years from now when there isn't a player who's clearly the best around, the ballon d'or will fucking implode.

khaled_a_d

I think the award has been more spot on since the merge of the the Ballon D'or & the FIFA award . It has definitely improved
In almost every year of them through 6 years ,non of those awards come to surprise except the 2010 award since it broke a 12 years(199402006) FIFA award trend to give it to a WC winner
Since then the award has been more focused on individual performance .everyone knew Messi will win it last year ,and in every time he won it b4 .same for Cr7 couple of years
B4 that it was a bit worse IMHO .Figo winning the award in 2001 was surprising for many .Zidane winning it in 2003 was an absolute joke (no Nedved who was the most deserving .etc
The FIFA 23 isn't really an award itself as IIRC it isn't even mandatory for voters to vote from that list . many b4 has voted for local players for example .
FIFAPRO is a popularity contest and that is probably the only one I agree though

People should have more restrictions with their votes. There should be a system in which you can use a 4 3 3 or 4 2 3 1, as these 2 kinda fill every playing position there is.

So, one mandatory defensive mid, two at most. Simply picking the three midfielders with most votes is retarded. Also only because Ronaldo and Messi don't really play CF were we spared three 9s for the front three every year.

Home of Barca Fans