Fernando Torres

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I should add, however, that the biggest reason his "betrayal" is so funny is because Scousers everywhere genuinely believed he loved their club. I'm sure he held them close to him, but so close as to ruin his career? no. he was happily doing that at Atleti when Liverpool gave him a bigger stage upon which to flex his muscles. but that's all Liverpool ever were: a stage to compete for prizes. now they have fallen from those heights and are hanging around sucking cock by the backstage entrance, why the hell should he stick around? he's moved on to the next mark to give him a stage.

for example, I have no doubt that if we started to suck, the likes of Dani, Mascherano, Abidal, maybe even Villa (although given his career history I dunno) would drop us like a bad habit and head for greener pastures. which is why I'm so glad that the core of our team is all from La Masia. coz those guys are loyal to the club, they love the club. especially when the club is loyal to them (which they weren't during Gaspart days which is why Cesc and Piqué left). they won't leave. the others, though? they'd be gone.

for every Javier Zanetti, there are thousands of Fernando Torreses.

:worthy:

However to be fair our La Masia products have had an unprecedented success here, like you mention yourself Cesc and Pique had no problem jumping ship when it looked like their futures were better served elsewhere. Unlike Liverpool we have been the best team in Europe recently, not also-rans so a lot of our products have no excuse for being obsessed with silverware. If the decade was one giant Gaspert era a lot of the teams core would have left long ago. Messi for instance probably would have done what Torres did at Atleti - not force himself out but encourage the best deal for both parties.

Torres is an Atleti product after all.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
:worthy:

However to be fair our La Masia products have had an unprecedented success here, like you mention yourself Cesc and Pique had no problem jumping ship when it looked like their futures were better served elsewhere. Unlike Liverpool we have been the best team in Europe recently, not also-rans so a lot of our products have no excuse for being obsessed with silverware. If the decade was one giant Gaspert era a lot of the teams core would have left long ago. Messi for instance probably would have done what Torres did at Atleti - not force himself out but encourage the best deal for both parties.

Torres is an Atleti product after all.

Torres didn't really want to leave though, did he? Atleti needed money and Liverpool matched their valuation of the kid. he didn't say no because he does hunger for trophies and the deal would help Atleti, but it was hardly like he was itching to get on outta there. hell if anything the club pushed him out, how long had they been shopping him around Europe?

Xavi and Puyol stayed through the Gaspart era. as did Iniesta and Valdés (but those four would stick around through anything, IMO). and we made sure Messi couldn't be tempted away. it's about looking after the canteranos and showing them how much they're valued. if you do that, they'll respond to your loyalty with some of their own. we didn't take care of Cesc and certainly neglected Piqué due to his grandfather. had we done so, they'd have never left. but frankly them leaving worked out best for us in terms of their development anyway. so s'all good.

gingerless

lol @ this thread

sadgfhhk.jpg

O M G

i'm in love :love:

dalitis8

Banned
Liverpool may actually benefit from this...they got rid of a wantaway player and replaced him with 2 young guns that may actually deliver.

Robbie

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r8cDvm26VYI" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

This commercial is so much funnier now :lol:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Fernando Torres is a ridiculous legend. Talk about stabbing with a poisoned dagger and twisting it and then stabbing into another spot and twisting again. Then spitting on the fallen body and dumping a cart of salt on it. Hell, he took a dump too.

Fuck me he is a God.

Ocurrente

Chelsea v Liverpool (Barclays Premier League, 6th Feb 2011) I can't wait!! :D

it will be so weird seeing him in a Chelsea shirt.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He'll probably get injured, and he won't score either, but it'll be amusing to see the crowd. :D I hope we cheer over the undeserved boos he's going to get.

Home of Barca Fans