Fernando Torres

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
In no way would Torres be better for us than Ibra is - and Villa would be by far the better choice than Torres.
Torres is a great player but he actually only have 1 good quality, his deadly finishing. Other than that he would not contribute like Eto'o did (defensive work, movement and 1-2's) or Ibra (holds up the ball, great assists and he just makes everybody around him better).

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
In no way would Torres be better for us than Ibra is - and Villa would be by far the better choice than Torres.
Torres is a great player but he actually only have 1 good quality, his deadly finishing. Other than that he would not contribute like Eto'o did (defensive work, movement and 1-2's) or Ibra (holds up the ball, great assists and he just makes everybody around him better).

What, the kid acn dribble and it good in the air... I dont get this post only 1 quality???? okay bc all his gols have been tap ins havent they.. Not to mention he is as fast as villa and younger

Not really, 10 times more injured yes.

If he could have stayed healthy I PROMISE he would have been better then Ibra.. Still ibra's overall play is pretty poor 60 percent of the time. However since he has got the stats its forgiven

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
-He is a good offensive,but other players don't assist to him,like Benayon and Gerrard. They're to assist,not just to score.
I think Liverpool will fresh the team and the coach maybe. Rafa is a needful for Liverpool,but he's going to Juventus!

XaviMessiGirl

Well he is blaming his injuries on being in the EPL... so it'd be interesting to see if he would be any different if he returned to La Liga.

B

barcelonita81

I would love to see him at Barca over Ibra but sometimes I think I'm too greedy. I know the reasons for which Ibra has come but I just never liked his game. On the other hand I would love to see Torres on a team that merits his skill. Liverpool is just milking him while he's healthy. Let the poor guy go...you freaks need the mula and better teams need ur man.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor

One good quality? He's one of the most pacey strikers out there at the moment, faster than Villa and maybe even Eto'o (I heard they did a test a year back or something like that and he was faster than Cristiano?). He's has an ideal build for a striker and is good in air, his defensive work is also impressive, and he defends more than Eto'o if you ask me...actually I blame Benitez for causing all the injuries by making him run around so damn much...his off-the-ball movement and positioning is great, and he can hold up the ball fairly well, and assists a fair amount for a striker as well.Torres is one of the most multi-dimensional strikers you'll find.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

The problem with Liverpool right now also is that Torres is their only strong striker, he doesn't have a partner so he does all the work (when healthy). That also contributes to all his injuries IMO.

sMiLeYz

Torres is loyal to Athletico Madrid, his childhood club. I don't see him at Barca, Liverpool will splash cash this period and buy a strike partner to team with him

XaviMessiGirl

I doubt he'd go back to Atletico though, with the amount of talent and experience he has now, going back there would be a giant step backwards. He may go to Real Madrid but of course I don't want him there.

A couple years back he said in an interview that no matter how much a team like Barca or Real Madrid offer him, he wouldn't go there because he is happy at Liverpool, but his recent comments put different things into perspective I guess.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Liverpool take-over if finally happens they would have enough cash to splash but his statements indeed indicate him to be quite determined to get the hell out of there

Home of Barca Fans