Fernando Llorente

H

Haruko The Goon

Drogba to Juve on a one year deal is pretty much done, which leads me to believe the Llorente to Barca rumours are true??

How would you guys feel about that?

I

instinct

We could do better than Llorente IMO...Before we sign him, we should at least try to get someone like Agüero.

Galning

We could do better than Llorente IMO...Before we sign him, we should at least try to get someone like Agüero.

Are you kidding? Do you realise how much Agüero would cost? The last thing we need to do is spend enormous amounts on an attacker, again.

Tomchin

Llorente has been fairly good. Was it something like 16 goals in the Serie A?
6 from PK though, so only 10 "field" goals. Those are some (very) poor stats for a striker that would be leading Barca's line, but then again, I read that he started off quite poorly, and that he gradually became a lot better during the season.

Galning

6 from PK though, so only 10 "field" goals. Those are some (very) poor stats for a striker that would be leading Barca's line, but then again, I read that he started off quite poorly, and that he gradually became a lot better during the season.

He wouldn't be leading Barça's line.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Not a huge fan of the Llorente rumors. I don't think he is mobile enough for Barcelona and would basically mean he'd play as a pure box CF requiring some serious tinkering with the rest of the lineup to accommodate because there's no way you move Messi off the middle of the pitch.

With Llorente, keeping Alexis would be preferable because you're going to need some work rate from the frontline and you can't expect much from Llorente, Neymar is not a work horse, and the team does not want to spend Messi's energy in ball recuperation and pressing.

That leaves basically 2 choices.

The offensive lineup:

999893_FC_Barcelona.jpg

You need Rafinha, or a similar hard working midfielder on the right side to pick up the slack for the lack of winger cover. A defensive RB to also help cover that wing.

And the conservative lineup:

999896_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Sacrifice Neymar for Alexis to get more work rate.

Both require line-up tinkering and both have a pretty much static box CF that won't be playing outside that zone much at all.

I would rather a more dynamic and mobile player for the attack.

Home of Barca Fans