FC Porto

raki

His trademark move. To do that 1 time is very good, to do it 20 times in goals/assists is special.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
11059353_927834023942180_950515657277689523_n.jpg

Deco10

This was the second game of the semi-finals of Taça de Portugal (our domestic cup, equivalent to the copa del rey) against Benfica in 2010/2011. We lost 2-0 at home but in this second game we won 3-1 and qualified to the final. It was a memorable comeback :party1:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
@Deco10 : how good are Sandro and Danilo's backup ?

I don't follow porto enough to know and i'm wondering if they're gonna suffer on the flanks as much as advertised.

Deco10

Normally, Alex Sandro's backup is José Angel, and he is a very decent LB. But since he is not in the list of players that can play in the champions league (don't ask me the reason, actually I don't remember), he is not able to play. So our LB will be Indi, a CB . He actually played in that position in his previous club and in the dutch national team.
As for Danilo's backup, things are not good. The only player available is Ricardo, who is actually a young winger who is being adapted to the position (imagine that barca would play sandro or munir as RB :lol:). He is actually decent and I think he has the right skills to be a good RB in the future, but right now he doesn't have the experience needed.
So yeah, we are going to suffer on the flanks.

Last edited:

Vlom

Ouch, so he's a B team winger who's gonna play RB ?? I'm surprised Porto sold Danilo without having a promising backup already..

Any idea how Lopetegui is gonna play this game tactically ? play the same setup that 1leg or .. ?

Deco10

He is not a B team winger, he is from the first team. But he has like 4 wingers ahead of him ( 5 if you count Quintero as a winger). Since he is not going to play as a winger, he is being adapted to play as a rb since we don't have a substitute for Danilo.
We are going to play the same setup of the 1st leg (we always play like this for years , 4-3-3). The only changes are in the LB and RB position.

Vlom

He is not a B team winger, he is from the first team. But he has like 4 wingers ahead of him ( 5 if you count Quintero as a winger). Since he is not going to play as a winger, he is being adapted to play as a rb since we don't have a substitute for Danilo.
We are going to play the same setup of the 1st leg (we always play like this for years , 4-3-3). The only changes are in the LB and RB position.

Thanx a lot for the details mate !

Best of luck for tomorrow !! :)

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Yep and was considered one of the biggest transfer flops of 2014/15. He's a lot better this season but a lot of people thought he wasn't nearly worth that much money.

For some reason I'd thought Mangala had gone from City to Valencia this season as part of the Otamendi deal. Apparently not. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans