FC Barcelona Tactics

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
the 4-1-4-1 didnt work as well with alves up top. he struggled big time because his crosses had no aim. he is much more dangerous with his overlapping. i am glad pep saw that and switched it at the second half. he infact was having a chess game with pelligrini... puyol was being shifted where cristiano was most effective.

but yeh, alves is waste as a right winger, in my opinion.. however, the tactic in itself was pure genius. and the best part about our team is the fact that the versatility of the players. first half, it was puyol on rb with alves on rw and maxwell on lb with pedro as lw. second half, it was puyol as lb with maxwell as lw and pedro as rw with alves as rb. the options that pep could go with is amazing because the players allow for so much.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
I am dll'ing the game right now to re-watch. will have more on Pep's tactics when I re-watch tomm.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
the 4-1-4-1 didnt work as well with alves up top. he struggled big time because his crosses had no aim. he is much more dangerous with his overlapping. i am glad pep saw that and switched it at the second half. he infact was having a chess game with pelligrini... puyol was being shifted where cristiano was most effective.

but yeh, alves is waste as a right winger, in my opinion.. however, the tactic in itself was pure genius. and the best part about our team is the fact that the versatility of the players. first half, it was puyol on rb with alves on rw and maxwell on lb with pedro as lw. second half, it was puyol as lb with maxwell as lw and pedro as rw with alves as rb. the options that pep could go with is amazing because the players allow for so much.
What didnt work on the right was the missing receiver on the left flank, that usually would be Alves behind the right winger. Puyol was (perhaps on Peps command) further back, securing against any counter attacks. That lead to a few scenes in the 1st half with Xavi holding the ball and having no free, potential receiver on the right flank (with Messi and Alves up there being marked), leading him to do a backpass.

Beast

The Observer
He played his cards really well and wasn't shy in correcting the mistake of pushing Alves upfront, in the second half he pulled him back and moved Max upfront .

in a game like this Pep should be the one reacting to Manuel but it was the other way around , brilliant manager

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
agree beast, alves was terrible up front as he could not use his pace and his crosses were pretty bad. pep fixed it in the second half and kept madrid on their toes

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
yes, el tren... alves' best quality is to run behind the left back as a secondary option for a pass... alves as a winger wasted a lot of potential in him because he cant really dribble as good as maicon.

brazil should see employing both maicon and alves on a flank and see how that works with maicon being slightly pushed up

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
Maicon lately, this year especially lacks the same thing Dani lacks, cross... He puts 1 out of 10 crosses right, others go behind the goal or in the keepers hands. Or in out on the other flank :lol: However, maicon has improved his defending, he is much better defender than few years ago, when he came to inter..

Brazil will play on of those two, probably Dani on the left flank, while Maicon on the right, just like they did in the qualifications.. I doubt they will ever play Maicon and Dani on the same flank.

Home of Barca Fans