FC Barcelona Finances

Messigician

Barca will reveal the due diligence, full financial audit and the economic ruin to the socis on Wednesday. The possibility of becoming a ?SAD? (owned by a corporation, not the club?s members) is closer than ever.

- @elperiodico

https://twitter.com/barcauniversal/status/1444443915231375361?s=21

Can they actually do this? I am appalled. Seems like sensationalism so I hope it is just that. Having a hard time finding anything else with this tone other than this tweet. Thoughts [MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION]?

Laporta wouldn't survive a vote of no confidence and being put in a mental hospital for attempting that shit

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barca will reveal the due diligence, full financial audit and the economic ruin to the socis on Wednesday. The possibility of becoming a ?SAD? (owned by a corporation, not the club?s members) is closer than ever.

- @elperiodico

https://twitter.com/barcauniversal/status/1444443915231375361?s=21

Can they actually do this? I am appalled. Seems like sensationalism so I hope it is just that. Having a hard time finding anything else with this tone other than this tweet. Thoughts [MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION]?

I would be extremely surprised if that happens, I don't think it will happen, at least not soon. A seismic change like this will absolutely need the approval of the socis. The club has already communicated the agenda of our General Assembly on October 17th and this is not one of the items for sure.

By my understanding, a SAD (sports company) allegedly pays higher taxes compared to a sports club like us, Madrid, Bilbao and Osasuna (so they argued), however the case is not clear and well proven as the the European Court of Justice in 2019 ruled in favor of us and cited that there was no conclusive evidence proving such. I think we argued at the time that SAD's enjoy some other benefits that sports clubs don't. So it is a mess there and not conclusive right now as far as I understand. I'd like to think the fact that we continue to choose not going the SAD way for a good reason. Even if we were to become a SAD, it is not necessarily a prelude to a sale. A SAD is just the corporate entity that controls the club, the original intent of the law in the 90's was for better corporate governance for the clubs, I think. If I am not mistaken, I think there are SAD's in Spain with clubs still owned by their numbers, technically.

Agreed with Khaled, I really don't see it happening.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What worries me is the 21m that is tied to the Champions League, which is part of our projected revenue of 765m for the 21/22 season, this is based on the assumption that we will make it out of the group stage and continue to play in the CL this season.

There is a good chance we will miss out on a good portion of the 21m if we can't finish second in the group. I have no idea by playing in the EL, how much money we will get, probably not much.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I would be extremely surprised if that happens, I don't think it will happen, at least not soon. A seismic change like this will absolutely need the approval of the socis. The club has already communicated the agenda of our General Assembly on October 17th and this is not one of the items for sure.

By my understanding, a SAD (sports company) allegedly pays higher taxes compared to a sports club like us, Madrid, Bilbao and Osasuna (so they argued), however the case is not clear and well proven as the the European Court of Justice in 2019 ruled in favor of us and cited that there was no conclusive evidence proving such. I think we argued at the time that SAD's enjoy some other benefits that sports clubs don't. So it is a mess there and not conclusive right now as far as I understand. I'd like to think the fact that we continue to choose not going the SAD way for a good reason. Even if we were to become a SAD, it is not necessarily a prelude to a sale. A SAD is just the corporate entity that controls the club, the original intent of the law in the 90's was for better corporate governance for the clubs, I think. If I am not mistaken, I think there are SAD's in Spain with clubs still owned by their numbers, technically.

Agreed with Khaled, I really don't see it happening.

:goodpost::goodpost:

Ask and ye shall receive. Thanks a bunch, mate. Probably going to be a lot of fake smoke like this, this year.

Leo_Messi

The club won’t be converted into a SAD as that would require the socis to willingly relinquish the current ownership model. Something that I for instance would never agree to along with the vast majority of socis. However what I could see happening, in a worst case scenario, is that an external investor(s) could buy a percentage of the club (always less than 50%) similar to the current ownership model of Bayern which is partially owned by the likes of local German firms such as Adidas, Allianz and Audi. This, if such a model is to be pursued and the right investors are found, preferably local ones, although no local firms have the outreach and capital comparable to those 3 German ones, would not fundamentally change the status quo in terms of the club’s majority stakeholders.

Anyway Cabeza already publicly denied any plans of converting the club into a SAD as the board knows that such attempts would fail.

Lastly outside forces (non-socis) have always had direct influence within the club. The most clear example is the obligatory bank guarantees required to officially become the president. This year this amounted to 125 million euros (this amount is equivalent to 15% of the club’s budget) after the agreement with both Banco Sabadell and Audax to sign the guarantees.

Nazario1985

Problem is, he is going to present this financial audit to people who have no clue about finances.

He just need to be it's gonna be ok and show then some green number in an excel sheet.

Nazario1985

The club won’t be converted into a SAD as that would require the socis to willingly relinquish the current ownership model. Something that I for instance would never agree to along with the vast majority of socis. However what I could see happening, in a worst case scenario, is that an external investor(s) could buy a percentage of the club (always less than 50%) similar to the current ownership model of Bayern which is partially owned by the likes of local German firms such as Adidas, Allianz and Audi. This, if such a model is to be pursued and the right investors are found, preferably local ones, although no local firms have the outreach and capital comparable to those 3 German ones, would not fundamentally change the status quo in terms of the club’s majority stakeholders.

Anyway Cabeza already publicly denied any plans of converting the club into a SAD as the board knows that such attempts would fail.

Lastly outside forces (non-socis) have always had direct influence within the club. The most clear example is the obligatory bank guarantees required to officially become the president. This year this amounted to 125 million euros (this amount is equivalent to 15% of the club’s budget) after the agreement with both Banco Sabadell and Audax to sign the guarantees.

And WHY that external investor will do that ?

Messigician

We're not paying lmfao

🚨 [2Playbook] | Bar?a still owes ?115m for the purchase of footballers

In these ?115 million pending payment to other clubs until the 23-24 season, 39m for*Pjanić,*32m for*Frenkie de Jong*, 16m for*Dest*and 13m for*Coutinho*(29 paid in the last year) stand out (Via MARCA)

We do what we want, we do what we want! We're FC Barcelona and we do what we want!

Mateka

Tuesday’s front page headlines from Marca, Diario Sport and Mundo Deportivo, in English.
REAL MADRID: Kylian Mbappe Interview - 'I told PSG in July that I wanted to leave'. The French international has broken his silence over his summer transfer frustration in Paris. He claims he told the club he did not want to extend his contract but wanted to allow them a chance to sign a replacement.
BARCELONA: Gavi 2026 - Barcelona have already reached out to Gavi over contract talks to offer him an improved deal on an extended contract. The teenager currently has a €50m release clause in his current deal but he wants to continue at the Camp Nou.
BARCELONA: There is money for signings - Barcelona have €16m to spend on reinforcements in January as part of their FIFA Fair Play commitment. Dani Olmo and Raheem Sterling are their key targets. However, this figure would be based on a loan payment until the end of 2021/22 but it could be a worthwhile investment in either player.

khaled_a_d

BARCELONA: There is money for signings - Barcelona have ?16m to spend on reinforcements in January as part of their FIFA Fair Play commitment. Dani Olmo and Raheem Sterling are their key targets. However, this figure would be based on a loan payment until the end of 2021/22 but it could be a worthwhile investment in either player.

First, it is Liga fair play. I am not sure FIFA has any financial fair play
Second, it isn't loan, but amortization of the deal. 16M on a 5.5 year contract (like Coutinho for example) is worth around 144m, although this number could be related to nasa salary, so the total cost of the deal (so salary will be included)
Not bad news by any mean

mc_lovin

First, it is Liga fair play. I am not sure FIFA has any financial fair play
Second, it isn't loan, but amortization of the deal. 16M on a 5.5 year contract (like Coutinho for example) is worth around 144m, although this number could be related to nasa salary, so the total cost of the deal (so salary will be included)
Not bad news by any mean

Hm? More like 5.5*16ME=88ME?

Home of Barca Fans