FC Barcelona Finances

Devils

Has the Catalan/Spanish government provided any sort of financial relief due to covid?

For example, Airlines over here are getting tons of incentives from the government despite suffering massive quarterly losses. I think there will be some sort of relief provided to football clubs that will help with the huge amounts of financial stress accumulated by football clubs during covid. Much like Airlines, Football Clubs are huge money makers for the country and are also an emblems of the country.

Football clubs will not be allowed to be destroyed by covid, it will never happen. Financial relief will eventually be provided.

Last edited:

cro-man

The meeting between Bar?a and the player's representatives over the salary reduction today, ended without an agreement. Tomorrow is the deadline. [rac1]

not looking great either

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Has the Catalan/Spanish government provided any sort of financial relief due to covid?

For example, Airlines over here are getting tons of incentives from the government despite suffering massive quarterly losses. I think there will be some sort of relief provided to football clubs that will help with the huge amounts of financial stress accumulated by football clubs during covid. Much like Airlines, Football Clubs are huge money makers for the country and are also an emblems of the country.

Football clubs will not be allowed to be destroyed by covid, it will never happen. Financial relief will eventually be provided.

I believe the Catalan government will set aside 20m to help sports clubs and the amount of the money trickled down to us will be insignificant, if anything.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So apparently Rakuten is paying us 25m less with the one-year extension as the main shirt sponsor that we just had with them, down from 55m to 30m a year. Given COVID many clubs have seen their sponsor deals being reduced but almost a 50% reduction? Fuck Rakuten. We should find other suitors as our brand is tremendously strong.

Beko will also pay us less, from 19m a year to possibly 10m to 12m a year and will disappear from the left sleeve of the match jerseys as a result.

Mitchell1978

So apparently Rakuten is paying us 25m less with the one-year extension as the main shirt sponsor that we just had with them, down from 55m to 30m a year. Given COVID many clubs have seen their sponsor deals being reduced but almost a 50% reduction? Fuck Rakuten. We should find other suitors as our brand is tremendously strong.

Beko will also pay us less, from 19m a year to possibly 10m to 12m a year and will disappear from the left sleeve of the match jerseys as a result.

https://www.sport.es/en/news/barca/the-messi-case-has-affected-barcas-agreement-with-rakuten-8202765

if Messi doesn't resign with FC Barcelona, you can expect other contracts and revenuestreams to also go like this...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

xxxxxx

Well, Messi is not going to be here forever, sooner or later we will move on from both sporting and commercially perspectives.

I don't care about Messi (I do when he is still a Barca player), I only care about the club.

Exactly. We've had greats like Maradona, Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho. One thing they've all had in common is that they've all moved on and we've coped perfectly well. We've been a big club after they've left. The same case will happen with Messi.

Messi has been amazing for us and brought us in a lot of money and trophies. But we have to face the facts and move on from Messi sooner or later. I would rather we sold him in January and start the process. At least then we can finally start to rebuild properly.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Exactly. We've had greats like Maradona, Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho. One thing they've all had in common is that they've all moved on and we've coped perfectly well. We've been a big club after they've left. The same case will happen with Messi.

Messi has been amazing for us and brought us in a lot of money and trophies. But we have to face the facts and move on from Messi sooner or later. I would rather we sold him in January and start the process. At least then we can finally start to rebuild properly.

Decade of Dembele is coming :dembele:

cro-man

La Liga have reduced Barcelona's wage cap by over ?288m. The limit was at ?671m last season and has now been set at ?382.7m, a fall of ?288.3m. [via
@footballespana_
]

FinBarcelonafan

La Liga have reduced Barcelona's wage cap by over ?288m. The limit was at ?671m last season and has now been set at ?382.7m, a fall of ?288.3m. [via
@footballespana_
]

What does that mean? We have to throw out half of the players? Why are they reducing the salaries fifty percent??

Rory

Surely the local government / national government has to give financial support. The amount of money the club brings to the city must be hundreds of millions a year. Hotels, flights, dining out etc

Messi983

What does that mean? We have to throw out half of the players? Why are they reducing the salaries fifty percent??

Very simplified salary limit is the difference between club's revenues and their structural expenses. The club has lost hundreds of millions of their expected incomes due to pandemic so they need to lower wages. I still don't totally believe those figures though.

It's explained here...

https://football-finance.com/la-liga-salary-cap-season-2019-2020

https://www.lalasport.com/2019/09/what-is-salary-limit-and-how-is-it.html

Home of Barca Fans