FC Barcelona Finances

Messi983

I don't quite understand this. Does this La Liga salary cap and a reduction on our staff cost by 15m mean that we need to slash our staff cost by 15m from the 18/19 level? Or 19/20 level?

If what I am interpreting is true (probably not), that means we will have little to no wage room left for new players we want to buy (such as Lautaro Martinez) and contract renewal (such as Messi's) unless we offload several big wage earners such as Coutinho and Dembele?

We have reduced our salary cap limit for 15m since the last revision in September. This could be for multiple reasons (lower revenues than previously projected or structure costs or expected repayment of debt have increased).

But we've shed off some salaries by selling/loaning Alena, C. Perez, Todibo, Wague, Ruiz,... As you've said we'll also offload some big earners in summer and our revenues will increase again which should also set salary cap higher.

Here are the rules about LCPD (Limite de coste de plantilla deportiva) from the official LFP site (in Spanish)

https://assets.laliga.com/assets/2019/09/18/originals/7041722d03d4b80986e87f75e9de9456.pdf

And here even more detailed regulations about clubs budgets (also in Spanish). I know probably nobody will read this but just in case someone is interested...

https://files.laliga.es/pdf-hd/transparencia/normas-elaboracion-presupuestos-may18.pdf

I've tried my best to translate it so here is a quick summary.

Salary limit is very simplified calculated like this: revenues - stucture costs - expected repayment of the debt during the season

Clubs budgets should be presented until 30.4. for next season but they can be modified (more about this below).

LCPD includes:
1. inscribable costs - costs of first team players (with shirt numbers 1-25), first team coach and his staff
2. non-inscribable - costs of Barça B and Juvenil players; salaries of Barça B/youth teams coaches and their staffs

What's included in inscribable costs:
1. players wages (fixed or variable parts)
2. compensation for assignments of image rights (indvididual or collective)
3. annual amortisation costs of aquirring/registration of players (for example if we sign a player for 30m and on a 5 year contract his annual amortisation costs would be 6m)
4. social security fees
5. compensation for termination of contracts
6. costs of players temporarily loaned to other clubs (so if the club still pays (part of) his wages)
7. collective bonuses for reaching sporting objectives
8. at least 25% of adquisition price when the club register a player on a temporary loan for whom it can be determined he'll be bought later (loan with obligatory buy) or buy option which becomes obligatory if certain criterias are met like club staying in the league/qualified for European competitions or a loaned player reaching required individual achievements.
9. costs of aquirring players/coaches (agents fees)
10. fees for getting licenses for players and coaches

When deciding whether to include "easy" variable parts of players salaries (like goals, minutes played/game,...) they look if a player has reached those objectives in previous season(s) and if he did then full variable part of his salary is included in calculation.

Clubs budgets and therefore also their LCPD can be modified during the season with:

1. the clubs signing new sponsorship contracts (of course those contracts like basically any other transaction can be evaluated/revised by the league's validation body)
2. incomes from sales of players. When clubs realize sales and get real incomes they can modify their projected budgets and therefore LCPD. As a general rule in their projections they use average revenues in the last 3 seasons and with a maximum 25% of a "negotiating figure" (prize money for playing in different competitions, season tickets, TV rights and sponsorship money, marketing,...)
3. increase of capital - investments from owners or shareholders

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't see how you can take those rankings seriously

I know, I have my own questions and doubts about their methodologies and how they calculated that score myself, it seems they placed a lot of weight on the net debt which appeared to be what dragged us down to such a low spot. Our high debt level is worrying but the fact they rank Juventus (a lot of debt too AND with an operating loss) and Chelsea (with an operating loss) and Arsenal ahead of us itself is very questionable, to say the least.

Andrew M

I know, I have my own questions and doubts about their methodologies and how they calculated that score myself, it seems they placed a lot of weight on the net debt which appeared to be what dragged us down to such a low spot. Our high debt level is worrying but the fact they rank Juventus (a lot of debt too AND with an operating loss) and Chelsea (with an operating loss) and Arsenal ahead of us itself is very questionable, to say the least.

The idea that PSG and City can be number 1 and 2 makes no sense. They basically sponsor themselves.

serghei

Our case is seemingly very simple. Good at making money, crap at spending it. That's what happens when guys who are good in an area suddenly think they are experts in other areas they haven't got a fucking clue about.

FinBarcelonafan

True especially Chelsea who is in trouble with their owner. Arsenal owner? He is cheap. Kroenke.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The estimated cost for the Espai Barça Project ballooned to 815m apparently and we want to finance it completely by borrowing from the banks. And according to this article, it seems that we have not yet received the main approval/permit from the city hall.

https://www.palco23.com/clubes/bart...-la-emision-de-bonos-para-el-espai-barca.html

Yeah, that's what I was talking about the other day, but I couldn't remember where I read it.

That cost is ridiculous.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Those plans will be scrapped and we probably won't see a new Camp Nou this decade.

That is bad for us. Many clubs are upgrading their stadiums to allow more revenue generated. The renovated Camp Nou is estimated to generate 150m more a year for us and that is a lot of money to ignore.

If Font or someone else gets elected, I hope they will not scrap Espai Barça altogether and instead find ways to reduce the cost and streamline the process and make the whole project more cost efficient.

Devils

How did the cost go up so much? When it was presented wasn't the cost less than 500m initially?

lmao

Home of Barca Fans