FC Barcelona B

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
2012-08-16_RP_EUSEBIO_SACRISTAN_001.v1345127066.jpg

archimidis

I don't think that the goal of the second team is to win every game and be at top of the secunda b, but more to develop players. No?

XaviMessiGirl

I don't think that the goal of the second team is to win every game and be at top of the secunda b, but more to develop players. No?

Players can't be developed & prepared for the first team if they're being coached by an incompetent who doesn't know what he's doing. Sure, the end goal might not be to finish first, since they can't be promoted anyway, but they should be doing way better.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'd work the squad issue like this:

-Deulofeu and Rafinha promoted
-Roberto loaned out (perhaps to Espanyol) and Muniesa should be loaned out too
-Decrease the squad size by first taking out the complete unnecessary players (Bojan, JDS, Fontas, Keirrison, Afellay)
-Then maybe take out players who's transfers we would consider if a good offer were to come by (Alexis, Villa, Adriano, possibly Bartra?)
-Buy necessary players 1 CB, 1 FW
-Search around for secondary transfers (goalkeeper for after Valdes leaves in 2014, young backup CB, etc.)
-Keep Cuenca on loan at Ajax for another season
-Rotation is key for next season with tactical fixes to keep the players at top level

I'd say that'll take the squad size to a manageable level. The only issue is to see if Tito will trust the youngsters to play much more next season to rest senior players and get a more equitable distribution of playing time.

gunnerthoughts

Talking of promoting Deulofeu and Rafinha, I made a video on the two this season recently. Check it out and tell me what you think! :)

Home of Barca Fans