FC Barcelona B

Joan

No, we didn't. I like what I see from our midfield and defence. We have much more control than before, but our strikers were completely shit in this game.

If we had Arnaiz, we would never be in this position. It's 6 big chances vs. 1, I think. That's a lot. I liked Mochu, very nice player, looks good both ways. Alenya was poor today, nowhere to be seen.

Palencia was lively once Table was subbed in. But I think it's time to go for him, he won't make it to the first team and shouldn't be taking time from Morey. One could blame the first goal on Cucurella but I think he played well, overall. Still haven't discarded him.

Strikers... enough said.

btw.,
[tw]992825192496889856[/tw]

Raketa10

How is Alena doing? From reading this forum it looks like he didn't play well in the last few games?

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

How is Alena doing? From reading this forum it looks like he didn't play well in the last few games?

I saw my first Barca B game last weekend and he was disappointment. I thought he could dominate Segunda but that was not the case. He didn't do anything special and I wasn't too impressed with him. The whole Barca B struggled offensively and Alena didn't offer much going forward either(although you could see opponents were always targeting him and stopping him as soon as possible, so he couldn't so anything).

He looked very frustrated on pitch. I guess it's the bad season getting to his head and teams.

Alena looked like Barca Bs leader. Always telling others were to be and what to do.

Raketa10

That’s worrying. He has 4 games left with B team this year so I hope he’ll do better. If he intends to play a role in A team next year he really needs to raise the level of his game.

Jump from Segunda to La Liga is hard and if he cannot dominate Segunda thats far from ideal. On the other side if we look statistics he was by far the best Barca B player this season and that gives me hope but than again they are beeing relegated so it’s questionable is he good or are all other Barca B players crap? I suppose we’ll find out in the next year or two...

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That’s worrying. He has 4 games left with B team this year so I hope he’ll do better. If he intends to play a role in A team next year he really needs to raise the level of his game.

Jump from Segunda to La Liga is hard and if he cannot dominate Segunda thats far from ideal. On the other side if we look statistics he was by far the best Barca B player this season and that gives me hope but than again they are beeing relegated so it’s questionable is he god or are all other Barca B players crap? I suppose we’ll find out in the next year or two...

Dominating Segunda is overrated. Asensio didn't dominate in Segunda either, but he showed enormous potential. Alena has showed great potential. I don't know whether he'll succeed or not, but that's enough for me and should be enough for any club.

Busquets and Pedro never played in Segunda IIRC.

Deulofeu dominated Segunda and turned out to be doodoo.

Raketa10

Dominating Segunda is overrated. Asensio didn't dominate in Segunda either, but he showed enormous potential. Alena has showed great potential. I don't know whether he'll succeed or not, but that's enough for me and should be enough for any club.

Deulofeu dominated Segunda and turned out to be doodoo.

That’s also true, I suppose the next season will tell us more about him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That’s also true.

I have faith in Pimienta even if the team is relegated. In fact I hope they are relegated because I don't give a shit about Segunda even if the jump to the 1st team is a lot bigger from Segunda B.

He'll develop our players and will do so better in Segunda B with less pressure where more of our talents can play. In Segunda he'll be under constant pressure to get results and stay up, and play all the bums the club are signing(some like Arnaiz are very good signings though).

God Serena

As Don said, too much stock is being taken into whether or not he "Dominates" the Segunda. Would Rakitic or Gomes or any individual first team player we have that doesn't have multiple CL titles dominate in the same team? Not likely.

He's shown himself to easily be ready for first team action, and at this point it'd actually serve him well not to be the obvious superstar of his team. If he can't make it as a squad player next season we might as well shut La Masia down, cuz we won't ever be developing any players of our own again. But we will keep splashing insane cash on players like Gomes, Paulinho, and Paco.

Joan

No, no, no. He's having a very good season. In fact, he's the second best-rated player in Segunda (according to SofaScore). It doesn't say much, but it's based on games. Hasn't been on the same level recently, that's true.

I don't think this team is bad. There are quality players in the team. Alena, Oriol, Arnaiz were the spine in the beginning and they had great results, I didn't even think about relegation. But 2 out of tree mentioned are injured, one of whom was the main finisher, some bad coaching decisions (Gil, Varo), all of it had impact. Some players who are crucial now like Mochu weren't even considered options for the best part of the season.

Don't worry about Alenya, he can make, it's possible but there are factors which will decide.

Raketa10

No, no, no. He's having a very good season. In fact, he's the second best-rated player in Segunda (according to SofaScore). It doesn't say much, but it's based on games. Hasn't been on the same level recently, that's true.

I don't think this team is bad. There are quality players in the team. Alena, Oriol, Arnaiz were the spine in the beginning and they had great results, I didn't even think about relegation. But 2 out of tree mentioned are injured, one of whom was the main finisher, some bad coaching decisions (Gil, Varo), all of it had impact. Some players who are crucial now like Mochu weren't even considered options for the best part of the season.

Don't worry about Alenya, he can make, it's possible but there are factors which will decide.

I just hope that he'll get his chance next year with the first team.

Home of Barca Fans