FC Barcelona B

FCBfan22

I really really hope that we hire Xavi as an assistant coach for the B team next year. I think he would know how to guide our young midfielders to be as good as they can be.

Messi983

Why an assistant coach? I'd make him Barça B coach and prepare him to take over after Valverde leaves in 2-3 years which he will since even successful coaches don't stay here for more than 3-4 seasons.

That's if he wants to return already. Just my opinion and I could be wrong but I think he'll probably want to enjoy his playing career for another season or two before going into stressful coaching job.

FCBfan22

Why an assistant coach? I'd make him Barça B coach and prepare him to take over after Valverde leaves in 2-3 years which he will since even successful coaches don't stay here for more than 3-4 seasons.

That's if he wants to return already. Just my opinion and I could be wrong but I think he'll probably want to enjoy his playing career for another season or two before going into stressful coaching job.

I think he stated that he is retiring after this season. I would offer him an assistant coach role for a season (I think he would do wonders teaching young midfielders his craft) at Barca B and then promote him to head coach for another. After that I think he would be ready for the first team.

khaled_a_d

As stated he said he will be retiring next year.
I also think he doesn't have the license to coach in Spain yet, he will need a year or two to get it. no?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Being an assistant coach like Zidane was to Ancelotti might not be a very bad idea, but I doubt it'll be offered to him and that he'll take it anyway.

FCBfan22

As stated he said he will be retiring next year.
I also think he doesn't have the license to coach in Spain yet, he will need a year or two to get it. no?

I thought he was obtaining licences while playing in Qatar. I also think that he was silent about vote of no confidence, because he wants a job at Barcelona as a coach. If he spoke against the board and the vote failed, Bartomeu would probably close the door to him.

Anyway, I would love to see how Xavi would do with Barca B in Segunda next season (if we stay in it, hopefully we will).

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Dont fancy Xavi as Barca manager.

Not entirely sure why but not sure he has the charisma for it and feels like he would be stuck in past a bit tactically.

Also he says some stupid things like loving Banega as a player or saying Messi and Masche never seemed to enjoy playing for Argentina.

Could be totally wrong and not based on much but something about him doesnt feel right for top job.

khaled_a_d

I don't fancy him either, but we all know he would get the job sooner or later.
Recently it seems many of football legends get a lot of success as managers, thing is I want him to take it slowly like Zidane, I don't want to see him as Barca manager before 5 or something years

Galning

Going to my first Barça B match this evening, against Oviedo. You're forced to have a ticket to attend the games now so this cost me freaking 50 cents :lol:

Home of Barca Fans