FC Barcelona B

Zinedinho

Nah there has not been space opened up and because of it Barca have changed approach.

Been awful performance.

Our bad performance has been mainly caused by our opponent's performance. That you deny that there was more space in the second half is a bit hard to understand, though. They have been very intense throughout the game, and getting more tired as the game advances and thus not being so extremely tight and leaving more space is a typical consequence. But yeah, whatever.

JamDav1982

Our bad performance has been mainly caused by our opponent's performance. That you deny that there was more space in the second half is a bit hard to understand, though. They have been very intense throughout the game, and getting more tired as the game advances and thus not being so extremely tight and leaving more space is a typical consequence. But yeah, whatever.

Cant remember one Barca chance created through passing and opening them up.

The few half chances Barca have had have been balls into the box early, set pieces or longer range efforts.

Have struggled to break them down from first minute and nothing has changed and Barca now just trying to get ball in box early and get more men forward and hope for best.

They are not leaving space which is why Barca have tried to change approach but achieved nothing.

Zinedinho

Cant remember one Barca chance created through passing and opening them up.

The few half chances Barca have had have been balls into the box early, set pieces or longer range efforts.

Have struggled to break them down from first minute and nothing has changed and Barca now just trying to get ball in box early and get more men forward and hope for best.

They are not leaving space which is why Barca have tried to change approach but achieved nothing.

I didn't talk about chances per se. We have been much more dominant than in the first half, we have passed the ball more successfully, and that's because, even if they were intense, they were obviously more tired of keeping pressuring us up.

It's a typical fact I didn't expect anyone to deny: there are more spaces in second halves.

JamDav1982

I didn't talk about chances per se. We have been much more dominant than in the first half, we have passed the ball more successfully, and that's because, even if they were intense, they were obviously more tired of keeping pressuring us up.

It's a typical fact I didn't expect anyone to deny: there are more spaces in second halves.

They went 2-0 up and sat back completely. The only team that left any real space that half were Barca to lose the second goal.

Defended as well from first minute to last and Barca had no one that could open them up.

Zinedinho

Well, we were unlucky, even if our opponent was really good.

We can only hope to be luckier in the second leg, but it's going to be very difficult.

JamDav1982

Well, we were unlucky, even if our opponent was really good.

We can only hope to be luckier in the second leg, but it's going to be very difficult.

Ok agree to disagree dont think were unlucky at all. Were really poor and couldnt open them up. Dont think one player had a good game.

Zinedinho

They went 2-0 up and sat back completely. The only team that left any real space that half were Barca to lose the second goal.

Defended as well from first minute to last and Barca had no one that could open them up.

Sat back completely? Not sure what game you've been watching. Of course we were going to concede space as well, duh. Even more so.

And yeah, they were pretty solid throughout the game.

BarçaBarça

It is sooo much more complicated to get promoted if they are not winning these ties.
It is a real shame, and could mean that the great season didn't matter anyways, but I guess that the best teams need to deliver when it matters, and we didn't..

serghei

Here's what I don't get, partly. If Barca B is such a rich source of talent right now, and has several players who could be playing for the first team, shouldn't they walk the third league and have no problem promoting in Segunda?

By comparison, in 2010-11 the 2nd team could have played in La Liga if they were allowed to.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Here's what I don't get, partly. If Barca B is such a rich source of talent right now, and has several players who could be playing for the first team, shouldn't they walk the third league?

By comparison, in 2010-11 the 2nd team could have played in La Liga if they were allowed to.

While I don't think any of current B players should have been with 1st team squad I don't agree with this. It is a "team" after all. If there are 5 players who belong to 1st team football but the rest isn't good enough for 3rd division promotion they won't gain promotion.
Same concept that Messi can't win a tournament by himself in Argentina

Home of Barca Fans