FC Barcelona B

Messi983

He was quite highly rated few years back, don't know how he's developed since then but I wouldn't expect him to have much chances to ever be part of our first team.

Also, he's another CR/RM fan. :lol: But to be fair he didn't say anything bad about Barça (at least in these tweets) and many people said that Messi didn't deserve Golden Ball at WC 2014.

CkVtClvXAAAj9Ms.jpg

CkVtFWEXIAA1DXu.jpg

CkVtDdOWEAABvU9.jpg

Last edited:

mampilly

La Masia ‏@Youngcules 1h1 hour ago
Barça are interested in Valencia pearl Ferran Torres (16). Debuted for their Juvenile A at the age of 15! (@sport)

CkbV6XkWEAAt2WR.jpg

mampilly

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 7m7 minutes ago
Lazio forward Keita Balde (21), who played at Barcelona's youth academy, has been offered to the club. [md]

Messi983

I think Samper and Aleña have the higher chances right now, then possibly also Tarin and Kaptoum and hopefully Lee.

BBZ8800

I think Samper and Aleña have the higher chances right now, then possibly also Tarin and Kaptoum and hopefully Lee.

Imo, Kaptoum isn't rated too highly by our coaches.
I don't believe that he will get even to a level of a squad player at Barca, since we already have lost of similar and better players in Roberto, Rafinha and Suarez.

Samper looks like extremely scared as a person to make it as a Barca's midfielder.

La Masia has been dry in the last couple of years, and future prospects aren't looking too much better either.
It doesn't mean that we won't get some player in upcoming years, though.

But era of Pique, Fab, Pedro, Busi still looks like 1 in a million.

Messi983

I think Lucho likes Kaptoum and will give him playing time in preseason and CDR games and it's up to him how he'll use them.

Don't really agree about Samper. He'll be mostly used as Busi backup for a couple of years if he stays so enough time for him to show if and how much he can improve. Needs to get loaned out next season to get experience in La Liga though.

Anyway, even if they can't get to Busi or Pique (not to mention Xaviesta or Messi, because we'll probably never get players like them again to play for us at same time) level we can still always use cheap homegrown players as squad players. That's the primary goal of La Masia. IF we are lucky enough to get one or two WC players out of them, then even better. But I agree it will be almost impossible to ever get a generation as good as we have over the last decade.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Imo, Kaptoum isn't rated too highly by our coaches.
I don't believe that he will get even to a level of a squad player at Barca, since we already have lost of similar and better players in Roberto, Rafinha and Suarez.

Samper looks like extremely scared as a person to make it as a Barca's midfielder.

La Masia has been dry in the last couple of years, and future prospects aren't looking too much better either.
It doesn't mean that we won't get some player in upcoming years, though.

But era of Pique, Fab, Pedro, Busi still looks like 1 in a million.

1-Kaptoum is very highly rated,but injury set him back,I honestly think that he has the highest potential and chance of the current players in Barca B(count Alena as Juvenila A player,he obviously has bigger potential) to join the 1st team and could one day become starter if things go in the right way .huge if tbf
2-We never had 'gr8 era" of La Masia .most of the players joined 1st team in different times.13 years are the difference in age between Puyol & Thiago . we can say that Messi/Cesc/Pique/Busquets/Pedro were same age.although 2 of them joined after 2 left and other joined 1st team. but other than that it was a player every few years.
3-La Masia didn't come dry.It is our ability to use it that has come dry. which is worse but at the same time can give reason for optimism
Icardi,Bellerin,Keita Balde,Sanabria are all la Masia graduate who are making their mark outside the club. there are a lot of many other players who could turn world class soon like Toral & Canós.
It is a huge problem if the players who are leaving are making bigger success than the players who are staying.It means something is wrong in the club that need to be fixed .
Bot on the other side it mean that the level of talent in the academy is still one of the best.And that soon if those things fixed we might again see a world class talent every couple of years

Last edited:

navidjaan

Next year's Barça B will have a nice number of good talents who seem to be in Lucho's eye, judging from 1st team games and training call-ups: Tarin, Kaptoum, Aleñá, Paik and Mujica. Although Tarin only trained twice with the 1st team. Should get a few chances, given the performances he has given this year. Then there are also talented outsiders like Quintilla, Palencia and Godswill who could get chances if they perform well (we could be in the need of LCB and RB's next season, too). Lee will start at Juvenil A but should be around the B team throughout the season. Depending on his performances new season, I expect him to get 1st team chances in training for 17/18.

There's no need to worry about talent. We have loads of that. Same goes for next year's Juvenil A, Juvenil B, Cadet A, etc etc. It's how the talent is managed and nurtured that matters these days.

navidjaan

Godswill probably knew he was never getting a shot on the first team, even though Dani Alves just left. A shame. Wish him all the best.

His and Palencia's highlights this season:

[youtube]RD3PBvSnHxw[/youtube]

navidjaan

So who is our RB going to be? Palencia? Or do we have someone else starting there most the time?

Palencia will be the starter. He is good enough, that's for sure, but question is who will compete with him. Maybe Dani Morer will be promoted from Juvenil A where he would've been captain, but to be honest, Guillem Jaime is better than him.

Home of Barca Fans