F1

serghei

The reason is current generation of drivers don't have real competition/rivalry anymore. Yes, Max and Lewis clashed for one in 2021 and Rosberg in 2016, but that's it. Doesn't build any legacy when you are on a league of your own. No disrespect to anyone's abilities, but when teams go Minardi/Haas mentality to spare parts, this is not real racing. And current team politics clearly divide the line who's no.1 and no.2 drivers. Sergio Perez started the last season very competitive and all of sudden he was finishing no.6 in races. Ferrari have this problem of priority driver and they are not in any competiton for championship at this level.

As in most sports, they got too big to the point of becoming a huge business decided in the offices than on the track/field.

fergus90

Despite the unsavoury ending to Abu Dhabi, Max was a deserving champion that year. Won most races, by far most laps lead and had his fair share of bad luck along the way.

Baku tyre blow out when was cruising with a few laps to go., Silverstone crash, Bottas going tenpin bowling. In normal circumstances he would of already entered the last race as champion. The kid is a cyborg who was built to race.

He won plenty of races before he had the best car, but now he does, he's unstoppable.

Windhook

Madrid officially will be added to the calendar from 2026 onwards, making the future of Barcelona races uncertain. FIA is filling the calendar with another city street circuit. More money, less racing, more safety cars, less racing, more celebrities, less racing.

FC B

I wonder who would Merc chose to replace him with. I mean I'd have went for McLaren pilots for years and now they are under serious contracts from what I've read. I can't see a serious replacement available atm.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Getting Verstappen at Ferrari at some point would be the dream.

It’s all starting to move in the right direction.

Have a feeling he might walk away by 2028, but if he doesn't and Leclerc hasn't become a champion once or twice by then that would be the option for sure.

It just doesn't matter who you are or who you drive for.

At the end of the day, Ferrari is Ferrari.

DonAK

I wonder who would Merc chose to replace him. I mean I'd have went for McLaren pilots for years and now they are unders serious contracts from what I've read. I can't see a serious replacement available atm.

They might promote their junior Antonelli who's making his debut in F2, if he does well enough to get a super license.

If not then they should go for Alonso for a couple of years if he's still doing well.

Windhook

It's a dream, right but Verstappen is going nowhere until new regulations of 2026. He's going to win 2024 and 2025 driver championships with Red Bull. "Let's get Ferrari to its former glory" is not on his agenda.

In a way I understand the motivation behind Hamilton's decision. Ferrari had slightly better cars in the last couple of seasons, but their race strategies are legendary fuckups. There'll be no more "Bono, my tires are gone."

Probably Sainz or Checo will move to Mercedes, otherwise you get some elite drivers jobless.

Last edited:

MagIX

In my opinion, Ferrari should have simply focused everything on Leclerc. Young and very fast, prepare the car according to his instructions, and pair him with a teammate like Perez, that's it. With Hamilton, there will be two roosters in the henhouse, it will be difficult to satisfy both, and probably counterproductive.

DonAK

It's a dream, right but Verstappen is going nowhere until new regulations of 2026. He's going to win 2024 and 2025 driver championships with Red Bull. "Let's get Ferrari to its former glory" is not on his agenda.

In a way I understand the motivation behind Hamilton's decision. Ferrari had slightly better cars in the last couple of seasons, but their race strategies are legendary fuckups. There'll be no more "Bono, my tires are gone."

Probably Sainz or Checo will move to Mercedes, otherwise you get some elite drivers jobless.

Bono might follow Hamilton to Ferrari according to latest reports. An offer is on table which he will consider after talking with Mercedes next few months as well.

Quite a few engineers are already making the move from Red Bull and Mercedes to Ferrari since Vasseur got the job.

As for Verstappen then he's under contract until 2028. What happens after that is anyone's guess. Depends on how Leclerc does next few years and who gets a head start with the new regulations.

FC B

They might promote their junior Antonelli who's making his debut in F2, if he does well enough to get a super license.

If not then they should go for Alonso for a couple of years if he's still doing well.
That's an interesting idea with Alonso but I'm not sure he'd give current Aston Martin for current Merc but it's very likely he would, his contract is also ending in 2024.

FC B

Toto should resign if he thinks Perez or Sainz would be a good fit for Mercedes :lol:

Home of Barca Fans