F1

Eetu

Adormit
Herbert made a good point on Sky Sports today about how a driver can affect the people around him in a team. For a positive driver showing confidence in his mechanics things tend go better for a whiny and moody one. Same thing seems to go for Red Bull, Williams and Ferrari this year.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Max Verstappen, now 16 years old, confirmed as F1 racer for STR next season. I knew he was immensely talented, but so young in F1 is huge. He isn't even old enough to drive in The Netherlands or buy the champagne he gets on a podium.

Sunny Mir

So vettel is off to ferrari. Very surprised. Thought he would wait till next year.Alonso and ferrari still haven't announced anything but mostly everyone thinks he is going to mclaren.

Jägermeister

I'm absolutely not surprised that Vettel leaves now. He can't stand having a strong teammate and not having the fastest car. Hopefully he goes to Ferrari and they build him the exact same crap they did for Fernando.

XaviMessiGirl

I had a feeling in the back of my head with the weather controversy that something bad was going to happen this race... hope he pulls through. :(

MagIX

He was transported to hospital by ambulance, because the rescue helicopter could not fly, due to the bad weather conditions.
I read (note sure if it is correct) that according to the regulations, if the weather prevent the use of the rescue helicopter, the race can not take place.

Eetu

Adormit
He was transported to hospital by ambulance, because the rescue helicopter could not fly, due to the bad weather conditions.
I read (note sure if it is correct) that according to the regulations, if the weather prevent the use of the rescue helicopter, the race can not take place.

It could fly. It actually flew to the hospital as Bianchi was being transported. His condition just didn't allow him to be flown.

Shitty day for F1 overall. In addition to this, Andrea de Cesaris died in a motorcycle accident in Rome.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Bianchi is currently in a critical condition in the intensive care unit at Mie General Hospital having undergone surgery on Sunday night for the “severe” head injuries sustained when his Marussia car crashed into a recovery vehicle in wet conditions at Suzuka.

Sounds like the surgery was successful which is a plus. Looking at photos and things he was lucky. Hopefully he can keep fighting and come through this.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
A fan video has emerged showing the crash. Looks really really bad. Get well soon Jules. Our thoughts are with you and your family :(

Also be warned before watching it that you really do want to.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Keep on fighting Jules! I really hope he will recover.

Going to keep an eye on the news.

Home of Barca Fans