European Supercup: Barca - Sevilla 5-4

rixxer

It really was damaging game considering friday, but I would prefer the European Super Cup to the domestic one, if I have to choose. European title is European title and it came in fashion that will be remebmbered in years and I bet Barca won new fans
(and Sevilla as well). I cannot even imagine what players will have to go through on Friday, Bilbao will press high and try to run amok.
However, it was thrilling win, exhilirating match and the best commercial for soccer that even money can't pay.

Alik

In the first half was we were playing amazingly well. We were connecting well, passing and dribbling with confidence, and not shying from taking a crack at the goal. We ran circles around Sevilla. The fact that the team is clicking right from the start of the season is promising.

The problems were: complacency, lack of fitness, lack of depth and poor substitutions.

Complacency is nothing new. It was the same story last season. But the problem was made worse by the fact that we were to tired to respond once the situation got tough, and we had no one to sub in who could make an impact on the game.

Substituting Roberto in for Iniesta was a mistake imo. The match was 4-2 at that stage. If Xavi were still with us, that would have been him coming on. Then they scored and we subbed in Bartra for Rafinha? 4-3, and the only forwards we had was Messi and Suarez who were both tired. The only midfielder who could create something was Rakitic and he too was exhausted. We started playing with a double pivot and Sevilla cut through us time and time again.

Personally, I would have subbed in Pedro/Sandro for Iniesta and moved Rafinha to midfield, or preferably, I would have started with Pedro/Sandro upfront and subbed in Rafinha for Iniesta.

Neymar better get fit asap. We have no depth in midfield if Rafinha is going to be playing upfront.

mesiesta

Guys, where I can find the full video of the match with the pre-match ceremony included? (for the download or online watch)

vinni

What a match!

I think when iniesta got that knock he should have subbed him for pedro and moved rafhina back to midfield. Not sure why he went with the piviot instead. I just hope it was because pedro had a minor injury like lucho said afterwards.. and not some defensive strategy we all know dosent work very well. At that point we had to many young players playing.

Good news though was that he saw his mistake and subbed out mache for pedro and we where back to our normal system.

StarLord

What a bipolar match from the team last night!

We were awesome for around 50 minutes and despite going behind early on, we came back playing beautiful football, scoring goals, creating chances and controlling the tempo. Then, after going 4-1 up and Iniesta was subbed off, we crumbled like a castle in the sand. Sure Sevilla showed good fighting spirit but our 2nd half performance was inexcusable for the best club-side on the planet.

Fortunately, we had enough to steal the game (even though Sevilla missed 2 excellent chances to make it 5-5) in the end.

I am expecting much better defensive performances against Bilbao (who I think are a lesser team than Sevilla) and can't wait for Neyboi to return for the Liga opener.

He should be back for the liga opener, right?

Home of Barca Fans