Euro 2020 (2021)

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Analytics are important but there is a difference between the laboratory and real life situations. Imo you have to combine both to get the best results in modern sports.

KingLeo10

Screwed over Rodgers?

I'm a Packers fan and this line annoys me all the time. Rodgers had three shots at moving the ball and he failed three times, just like he did for so much of the 2nd half of the game.

Besides it wasn't even the wrong call. They stopped them, but the referees decided to throw a flag at the end of the game. If that doesn't happen Green Bay have one drive to win the game. Even if Rodgers manages to stop fucking up and get a TD and 2-point conversion we'd still be depending on stopping the Bucs.

Rodgers' stat line might say he had a great game, but he was good, but not great. He didn't step up when we needed him to.

The defense got two picks and he and the offense went for two 3 and outs.

You sound like me regarding Rodgers circa 2019-2020 :mou:

Funny thing is, it seems we've switched views on him over the MVP season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You sound like me regarding Rodgers circa 2019-2020 :mou:

Funny thing is, it seems we've switched views on him over the MVP season.

Am I wrong though?

The refs let players hold and drag the jerseys all game long and at the end they throw a flag. If they don't Tampa Bay have to punt and Green Bay drive for a game ending TD.

Jaire had two picks and the offense couldn't even get a first down with Rodgers throwing the ball in the dirt a couple of times.

He's the MVP and what makes the team a SB favorite, but he didn't step up and MLF had no choice but to go for the field goal. Rodgers played like he was flustered.

Basically roles reversed.

1st half = defense shit

2nd half = offense could barely move the ball and finish drives

Joan

The problem isn't with analytics as a philosophy/discipline but rather the simpletons who don't use their own brains to dress CONTEXT around the analysis.

If this is how they do "analytics" these days at clubs and nts, they can hire any sixth-grader and save loads of money.

Devils

Southgate's decisions are based on analytics. His tactics are and his choices for the penalty shootout were too.
According to statistics players who are 23 years or younger score more often than older players and players who do not have to play all 120 mins score more often.

I think his decisions were stupid and invited failure.

This cannot be true lol.

Jenks

It was the worst decision I have ever seen in a final match.

Taking off Henderson and Walker, who both should have been guaranteed penalty takers for two youngsters who have barely played this tournament to take a penalty. On top of that giving the 5th penalty to a 19 year old kid.

Kane, Henderson, Walker, Sterling, Shaw, Maguire, Grealish should have all taken a penalty before those kids.

Henderson is an awful penalty taker. He missed one at the World Cup and missed another in the warm-up games. I think he's only ever scored one in his entire career.

Southgate's decisions are based on analytics. His tactics are and his choices for the penalty shootout were too.
According to statistics players who are 23 years or younger score more often than older players and players who do not have to play all 120 mins score more often.

I think his decisions were stupid and invited failure.

He said he just picked the players that took the best penalties in training.

JerseyAddict

Henderson is an awful penalty taker. He missed one at the World Cup and missed another in the warm-up games. I think he's only ever scored one in his entire career.

I have a firend that is a great GK on friday nights. At 2 tourneys he did "Unai Simon" stuff in 1st match. Can't handle pressure.

Messi983

Class response by Rashford on social media. Made me tad emotional.

What did he say?

They're taking pens in trainings with no pressure though. I'd still rather put that responsibility on more experienced players.

But of course hindsight is always 20/20. If Saka would score and England would win in the end nobody would question Southgate's decisions.

Last edited:

soul24rage

Then I'm guessing this one is fake?

9x544f0f1ta71.jpg

Home of Barca Fans