Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Croatia

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Anyone ready to speculate about the reason for Russia's performance? Or have I already missed the boat?

You're in The Netherlands. And you're from Turkey. Seems like you didn't miss the boat :lol: a bit of black humor, sorry mate.

They had a team full of old and slow men. Their fullbacks were crap and overrun. Also, their main creator Dzagoev was missing. Dzagoev + Dzyuba could've been a lethal combo imo.

Horatio

You're welcome
You're in The Netherlands. And you're from Turkey. Seems like you didn't miss the boat :lol: a bit of black humor, sorry mate.

They had a team full of old and slow men. Their fullbacks were crap and overrun. Also, their main creator Dzagoev was missing. Dzagoev + Dzyuba could've been a lethal combo imo.

On dutch television they are speculating that Russia already got word from EUFA they are disqualified. But instead of making that public Russia was allowed to play their game and lose it getting knocked out to save face considering they will host the next World Cup.. They used moments of the game to show that the keeper seemed not to want to keep the ball out and the whole thing with the captain's band.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I doubt the Russians would go out su quietly. It's an interesting theory though but wouldn't it be match fixing in the highest scale and Interpol should go all over it in this case. I still think the Russians squad is too old to compete when teams are "hungry" and with quality. I'm actually worried there might be a huge scandal in WC as the Russians won't have a good enough team that'll get beaten and cause huge riots in Russia. Ofcourse the Russian police are quite brutal in those situations which might either calm the situation down quickly or turn the WC into an actual war zone.

raskolnikov

I dislike this 24 teams instead of 16. This leads tp park the bus tactics and makes the group stage pointless. Tomorrows Germany match will be like England vs Slovakia.
I really hope they change it back to 16 teams next cup.

FiReFTW

Poor cristina, I almost feel sorry for her.
No matter if Portugal finishes 1st, 2nd or 3rd, 99% likely their opponent will be either Germany, Spain, Italy, England or Belgium.

Barcadub

England, Italy, France, Germany all in the one side of the draw.

Spain should make it to the final.

Maybe win it, becoming the greatest team anybody will ever ever see.

Pablo Escobar

uefadrid and now Spain :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spain should look like this: Slovakia, Poland, Belgium and Final.

A 4-0 win in the final against Italy would be nice, but Italy will need to beat Germany again.

BenRobbins

Agree with people saying about the format. Teams aren't even trying to win games, england are shite and boring enough to watch anyway let alone if the other team doesn't even want to try and beat us.

Darko

Anyone ready to speculate about the reason for Russia's performance? Or have I already missed the boat?

Because they're shit?
Sometimes things just are the way they seem, why do people constantly make excuses and theories, when Messi was playing below par he was saving himself for the World Cup/Copa, when Russia plays poorly it's because they are already out and UEFA told them to lose, the Torres that played shit was actually his twin brother etc. etc.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, why does everything have to be a conspiracy or some wild theory?

Mitchell1978

On dutch television they are speculating that Russia already got word from EUFA they are disqualified. But instead of making that public Russia was allowed to play their game and lose it getting knocked out to save face considering they will host the next World Cup.. They used moments of the game to show that the keeper seemed not to want to keep the ball out and the whole thing with the captain's band.

I can't believe that, they're an old team with not that much talent facing young hungry teams, the result isn't that much of shocker.
You have to wonder what goes on in their youth development system, more then 140 million people and football is popular so they should have more talent coming through.

Home of Barca Fans