• Sweden

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Croatia

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

Morten

This tournament doesn't feel legitimate to me this time around. You have to be atrocious to not make it out of the group stages, only a third of the teams are eliminated and most of the teams are absolute fodder. Was the expansion to 24 teams really necessary?

Why not let all 50 teams in the tournament in 2020 and have a round of 32?

The format should go back to the way it were, the group stages has been pretty dire.

raskolnikov

This tournament doesn't feel legitimate to me this time around. You have to be atrocious to not make it out of the group stages, only a third of the teams are eliminated and most of the teams are absolute fodder. Was the expansion to 24 teams really necessary?

Why not let all 50 teams in the tournament in 2020 and have a round of 32?
It was so Platini could make sure the tournament ended up in France rather than Turkey.
And in 2020 it will be 24 teams all over Europe instead of one country, extra fun!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Wild card for Australia next and all 4 teams to advance. If you're gonna make a mockery do it properly.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Australia? What's the point of bringing in a non-European country to the Euro? UEFA might as well expand it to have a second version of the WC then.

On the Euro itself, man the star-dudded Belgium could turn out to be the flop of the tournament. Can't penetrate when they have possession and so slow on the counters. Come on!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If I am not mistaken that Euro song contest also has Australia in it, right?

That's a different thing. They operate with Wild Cards.

I suppose it could happen with the Euros too though like Copa America inviting nations lol.

Eurovision is a shit contest anyway. Always been.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well not exactly, it's not a racist/national thing but a cultural one.
Australia would be more fitting in the euros than turkey.

Couldn't disagree more.

It is a continental tournament, not a cultural one. Plus Europe is not monolithic.

By that standard why not inviting New Zealand and Canada to the Euro? What about the US of A? Argentina? Maybe Messi can finally win a Euro? :)

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Couldn't disagree more.

It is a continental tournament, not a cultural one. Plus Europe is not monolithic.

By that standard why not inviting New Zealand and Canada to the Euro? What about the US of A?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want more teams to be invited, that joke about australia just got my attention when a country like turkey is invited.

Home of Barca Fans