EURO 2016 Qualifying

Trickykid

The difference between Sweden and Denmark is still 34 year old Ibrahimovic, I didn't expect that before the tie. Good games though too bad we were drawn against each other.

Yeah, he really was the difference maker - head and shoulders above anyone else on the field. On another night, it could probably have gone both ways, but we really can't complain. After all, we've got no business being at the Euros in any case.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Slovenija came close to upset but lacked ideas in 2nd half and resorted to desperate crosses. Kampl is an interesting player.

yahudi

Slovenija came close to upset but lacked ideas in 2nd half and resorted to desperate crosses. Kampl is an interesting player.

Kampl is talented but extremely stupid. That's why he'll probably never become a top level player even though he has enough skill to make it.

The game was outright awful, most of it was basically some cynical fouling (Brecko going full kamikaze), provocations (Yarmolenko, I'm looking at you) and heated arguments (everyone). Oh and did I mention the great idea from Slovenian corner to throw flares on the field in the middle of their team's attack?

Noex

The Swedish Wizard
I am still in shock i cannot believe that they pulled it off against Denmark, sucks thou that we where drawn against each other. Ibrahimovic went into god mode but Forsberg, Källström and Lustig had their best games to date in the blågult shirt. Lewicki showed that he should be the no. 1 choice in the middle. But there was one guy in Denmark that i got really impressed by and that was Poulsen, he will be a star mark my words.

Ibrahimovic has now scored 62 goals for the national team.

Catalan Fan

The Finals groups and fixtures draw is this Sat 12th Dec from 5pm (UK time).

I've posted earlier about going over with a few mates for 2 weeks, just wondering if anyone else off the forum is planning to go ?

Last edited:

Yannik

Taken from /r/soccer

European championships is unbalanced! (The Group E-effect)

UEFA posted their structure for the EURO cup next year, and me (as a statistician) had to look through it to see if it seems fair. In most cases it actually is fair, but this time it turned out that it wasn't. I noticed that Group E had a much harder path to reach the finals than any teams from any other group. Then I noticed that teams from group A had a much easier path than any other group. Basically, I had to dig deeper, and came up with the idea that I should write a report about it and send it to newspapers. But then again, no one would read it. So I figured I post the results here and hope that justice will prevail! If you don't want to look through the pdf, here are some results from the report that you might find interesting:

• http://imgur.com/25DsW8V - image showing the simulated probability of winning from the six different groups in the EURO 2016 (Teams from group E has an approximate 28% less chance of winning than teams from group A).
  • Group A has the best outcome from the simulations, which could also be seen from just looking at the playoff-structure (the winners of group A) move on to face runner-ups in the quarter-finals.
  • The playoff-structure is full of asymmetry (which FIFA and UEFA usually don't like).
  • France is automatically put into group A.

25DsW8V.png

That is some ridiculous imbalance against group E.
  • Winner Group E vs Runner Up
  • Second Group E vs First
  • Winner Group A vs Third
  • Second Group A vs Runner Up
The Runner-Up in Group A is seeded in the same way as the winner of Group E. I thought this was going to be some pedantic statistical imbalance, but they clearly aren't making this work.

Internazionale

Belgium, Italy, Sweden and Ireland. I don't know what to think as a Swede. Game over. Never any luck in these draws

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans