Ernesto Valverde

LeeRomeno

This is an extremely optimistic view of the situation. Yes it was a 1 goal difference in both Roma and Liverpool, but you can't just lose a 2 goal and 3 goal lead so easily. That's downright embarrassing even for Arsenal. He was great in the league and I don't think anyone is debating that. However, I am almost 100 % certain that casual fans will remember those seasons for the CL humiliations rather than his consistency in the league. It just lowers the reputation of the club. You can't tolerate losses like that. PSG fans to this day are mocked for the remontada.

Sure it was embarrasing, but lowering reputation of the club? In what universe lol. So you are saying top players now are not willing to join us, because we got some humiliating losses some seasons ago?

AND HOW DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING I AM ARGUING AGAINST.
Jesus Christ, you try your best to be on topic, but it is impossible. How does any of that make crashing 8-2 to Bayern Valverdes loss. WTF.

soul24rage

Why do people take something completely out of context and spin something else around that. I only posted that comment because that dude was talking about some 10-2 loss, which is not comparable to losing with away goal rule or 1 goal. It is a close matchup. Sure its a choke, bottling a lead or whatever, but both Valverde exits cannot be compared to Bayern loss, because Bayern demolished us compeltely in 1 game tie, while vs Roma and Pool, there was only narrow gap if you put 2 games together.
Your logic makes it sound like it would have been better if we lost to Liverpool 0-3 both games. How is that better lol?
Also you make it sound like we are only team that has ever choked in a game lol. "Inexcusable" rofl. Every top squad in history has its share of embarrasing losses, whining over it and exaggerating over it years later is just embarrasing.

You wrote exactly this "our exits from CL with Valverde were actually very close and decided by 1 goal difference and away goal." It's you who should stop taking scores out of context.

Tell me, how many top teams have bottled after having gained a scoreline of 3 goals or more in the first leg in the history of CL??

In any case, both EV's and Setien's losses were equally embarrassing. Trying to make it that Setien's was more humiliating than EV's losses is embarrassing enough.

BarcaOG

Banned
The gift that keeps on giving i can see. First of all, it is pretty ironical you bring Arsenal here. Club, where fans were rejoiced after getting rid of Wenger, that good times will return, just to discover later, that the problem was not so much about in coach, but owners, management, recruits, scouting etc. I bet all Arsenal fans would give everything to get the success Valverde had here, back to back league titles and cup win + good runs in CL vs being europa league team that has fallen from grace in Premier league.
Secondly, we are talking about Setiens team losing to Bayern 8-2. What 10-2 over two matches are you now talking about? Maybe you need to refresh your memory, both our exits from CL with Valverde were actually very close and decided by 1 goal difference and away goal.
Also, no one has said anything about Valverde having his fair share of blame in those exists. Entire discussion here is about them not being only his fault and secondly, loss that happens after 8 months of sacking of coach can in no fcking universe be his fault.

LOL you are joke bro, if you think Wenger's last years at Arsenal, being routinely humiliated by all the other top clubs in England and Europe, are in anyway defensible. You've basically said that you think those standards are okay. Be an Arsenal fan then, not a Barcelona fan. Our standards and expectations should be higher than that.

Also our CL exits were not 'close' you moron, because they were played over two matches. We surrendered a 3 goal lead TWICE in a row without scoring ANY goals, getting completely annihilated at Anfield and Roma. Those were not 'close' games.

And lol, you're a first rate idiot, with the intelligence of a blind sparrow. EV is at fault, ultimately, for the 8-2. That's it. It was his squad and his CL loser mentality, with the example shown to the players that they could fuck up monumentally and still keep their jobs.

BarcaOG

Banned
Again, imagine hating a manager so much that you can't ever stop complaining about him.

If you think what EV did is acceptable then you must be a big fan of Solari's 1-4 loss to Ajax. At a club like Real that sort of incompetence is never pardoned. That's why he got sacked.

Now imagine Solari keeps his job and bottles it again, a year latter, again by surrendering a 3-goal lead.

Do you think that's what makes a 'good' manager?

JamDav1982

When you see a Ernesto fanboy you see a Katharina1. 70% of the matches from Valverde were won because of Messi. When he didnt played on GOAT level anymore (since 19/20) we start loosing the easiest matches. That doesnt mean that he was a bad coach but his vision from the style of football isnt barca level.

Messi cant win on his own and like every player ever needs the right team around him.

Same old contradictory argument that Messi wins on own but loses due to coach and team mates.

Richard.H

Sure it was embarrasing, but lowering reputation of the club? In what universe lol. So you are saying top players now are not willing to join us, because we got some humiliating losses some seasons ago?

AND HOW DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING I AM ARGUING AGAINST.
Jesus Christ, you try your best to be on topic, but it is impossible. How does any of that make crashing 8-2 to Bayern Valverdes loss. WTF.

You are making it seem as though Bayern humiliation is far worse than Roma and Liverpool. This is not true at all. Also it's hard to determine how much of it Setien's fault considering he had very little control of the squad at the time.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Messi cant win on his own and like every player ever needs the right team around him.

Same old contradictory argument that Messi wins on own but loses due to coach and team mates.

I only speak for league performances and in this competition Messi was exceptional in the first two years of Valverde. He hide a lot of weaknesses of the team with his individual brilliance.

JamDav1982

I only speak for league performances and in this competition Messi was exceptional in the first two years of Valverde. He hide a lot of weaknesses of the team with his individual brilliance.

Him being exceptional is down to team set up also.

The team was set up for him and Suarez individual moments to win games.

LeeRomeno

You wrote exactly this "our exits from CL with Valverde were actually very close and decided by 1 goal difference and away goal." It's you who should stop taking scores out of context.

Tell me, how many top teams have bottled after having gained a scoreline of 3 goals or more in the first leg in the history of CL??

In any case, both EV's and Setien's losses were equally embarrassing. Trying to make it that Setien's was more humiliating than EV's losses is embarrassing enough.

Yes and i wrote that as part of conversation to show that Valverde never lost 10-2 rofl. Am i wrong? I was in the middle of conversation with that dude and you just took 1 line and started some random talk about it.
I have no interest in answering that trivia, you can easily go and check wikipedia yourself lol.
And no, for me losing 8-2 in single match the single most embarrasing thing ive experienced as Barcelona fan (since 1992). I guess it is matter of taste.

LeeRomeno

You are making it seem as though Bayern humiliation is far worse than Roma and Liverpool. This is not true at all. Also it's hard to determine how much of it Setien's fault considering he had very little control of the squad at the time.

Seriously, i remember that "get Valverde out" and bring saviour Setien in theme that was going on here. It did not work and apparently we had even bigger embarrasment and now its still Valverdes fault. Thats the logic i am fighting against here. Because there is not logic in that. Why want him sacked if the man has ruined everything for ages then?
jesus

Katarina1

Banned
When you see a Ernesto fanboy you see a Katharina1. 70% of the matches from Valverde were won because of Messi. When he didnt played on GOAT level anymore (since 19/20) we start loosing the easiest matches. That doesnt mean that he was a bad coach but his vision from the style of football isnt barca level.

People here say this about EV but then jizz themselves over Lucho as if our success was down to him and not peak MSN

LeeRomeno

LOL you are joke bro, if you think Wenger's last years at Arsenal, being routinely humiliated by all the other top clubs in England and Europe, are in anyway defensible. You've basically said that you think those standards are okay. Be an Arsenal fan then, not a Barcelona fan. Our standards and expectations should be higher than that.

Also our CL exits were not 'close' you moron, because they were played over two matches. We surrendered a 3 goal lead TWICE in a row without scoring ANY goals, getting completely annihilated at Anfield and Roma. Those were not 'close' games.

And lol, you're a first rate idiot, with the intelligence of a blind sparrow. EV is at fault, ultimately, for the 8-2. That's it. It was his squad and his CL loser mentality, with the example shown to the players that they could fuck up monumentally and still keep their jobs.

My point is, LIKE IT HAS BEEN FROM THE BEGINNING, that it makes no sense in blaming just 1 fcking person for that. Did Wenger do things wrong? Sure, but sacking him without doing any changes to anything else that was wrong to club, made it eventually worse, he was actually sort of keeping it together.
Just like getting rid of Valverde, but not changing management or players, made things actually worse. And then blame the sacked coach for things after what happened during pandemic and 8 months forwards.
Hardcore obsession.
What I said was that what Valverde achieved with Barcelona would have been absolutely awesome period for Arsenal.
And yes, if u lose a tie, which could be overturn by 1 goal, you call it a close tie.
What are you, 8? Stop insulting okey, if you cannot properly participate in an argument, do not engage in one and who are you to tell me what kind of standard and expectation i have for the team i have loved for decades. Uh? Who?

BarcaOG

Banned
People here say this about EV but then jizz themselves over Lucho as if our success was down to him and not peak MSN

I want you to state your point clearly and directly. Do you think EV and Lucho are the 'same', then, in terms of performance and ability?

BarcaOG

Banned
My point is, LIKE IT HAS BEEN FROM THE BEGINNING, that it makes no sense in blaming just 1 fcking person for that.
Yes it does. Wenger fucked it for Arsenal and EV fucked it for Barca. That's it. Pure and simple.

Did Wenger do things wrong? Sure, but sacking him without doing any changes to anything else that was wrong to club, made it eventually worse, he was actually sort of keeping it together.
You're beta as fuck mate, I guess you think getting destroyed 4-0+ by all your top 'competitors' is 'keeping it together'. Lol.

Just like getting rid of Valverde, but not changing management or players, made things actually worse. And then blame the sacked coach for things after what happened during pandemic and 8 months forwards.
Bayern was the logical results of 2.5 years of EV. It was written in the stars.

What I said was that what Valverde achieved with Barcelona would have been absolutely awesome period for Arsenal.
No wonder you like EV then. You have a loser mentality. Go support Leganes or some other club that doesn't aspire to titles then.

And yes, if u lose a tie, which could be overturn by 1 goal, you call it a close tie.
This is a gem. The EV brigade is now making the case that the 4-0 at Liverpool when we were 3-0 up was a 'close' result. Beta as fuck. Arsenal fan.

What are you, 8? Stop insulting okey, if you cannot properly participate in an argument, do not engage in one and who are you to tell me what kind of standard and expectation i have for the team i have loved for decades. Uh? Who?
If your standard is getting humiliated in two consecutive years then you're a pathetic fan, as deluded as Ty from Arsenal Fan TV. Only a pathetic beta Arsenal fuck would 'love his club' yet defend those historic humiliations. Sad. You're as insightful as a donkey on peyotes.

Home of Barca Fans