Ernesto Valverde

If Erik ten Hag does well again this season and Ajax impress in the CL despite losing de Ligt and de Jong, you'll have several teams looking to hire him next summer.

Better be Barca. I don't care if he doesn't speak Spanish yet. It didn't hinder Rijkaard.

Bayern, Real and Barca are the top clubs where he could be hired. I think that Bayern will fire Kovac if they dont win the CL and if Real goes trophyless again Prez will also fire Zidane. I think Ten Hag is more a Barcafan than Real or Bayern because I remember he said it few years ago but as we all know money is also very important. So if he does well again this season and we have again a bad season the chance will be high to get him.

Leong157

I was typing something very long to counter BBZ post.

And then I realized why bother? There is no point.

End up delete them all.

terryzinc

Valverde is not a good manager he depends on Messi that is all he has -
any coach needs to be hired to replace him before this season goes into the toilet -
he did not play Coutinho in the right position he tried to make him a wing AND now he is doing the same with Griezzman Griezzman is a ST or CF not a RW

Gnidrologist

Malmeirda should be on a tier of his own. Tier 'How the fuck does he still have a job?!'
He's "how do you fuck that up?!" tier.
BrilliantPerfectFlyinglemur-small.gif

Don Andrésº8

3 days off AHAHAH THIS MOTEHFUCKER IS JOKING WITH US THE FANS. when this man leaves Will be the best day of my life, what a piece of shit, any user here would not do worse than this bum

xXKonan

We play one official game which we lost and somehow that warrants 3 days off?

How does this make any sense? what about the guys like Arthur and Vidal who only had 22 minutes of preseason those guys need to be training more and more to get more up to speed.

Toecrusher

BBZ dude, we get it that the squad is not perfect, but which is?

You can go through EVERY squad in world football and list player x as 'useless', player y as 'dumb', player z as 'finished'. Trying taking off your biased lenses for once and see that even the Liverpool, Atletico, Bayern, Juventus, PSG and Roma teams who you keep bringing up as beating us 3-0, 4-0 because of our shit players, had a whole bunch of useless, dumb, finished and slow players in their XIs.

The difference is that each of those teams is coached by someone who looks at the resources on hand and figures out how to make 1+1=3. While we have someone who makes 1+1=0.5

So quit with your endless essays shitting on our players as the primary reason for us under-performing. Our squad has issues, but pretty similar to EVERY other squad out there.

Raketa10

Three days of vacation after the first game of the season?! Who the fuck does that??? We lost the game, we played like clowns and as a reward they have 3 days off? :facepalm:

El Guaje

I would never hire a coach from Betis.
Who is quite old btw.

If you want to be adventurous, I would hire a coach from Ajax or let's say Koeman/Van Bommel and hope that it will click, as Rijkaard.
If not, repeat the same after... 1-2 seasons?

The question is: how much are fans willing to wait for titles if a new coach will be bad?

Imagine if a coach would be like Solari?
Or in early 00s, when we fired Van Gaal because he lost a title in the 3rd season and wasn't loved by fans and media, only to hire Rexach, Sera Ferrer and Antic to have 3 bad years in a row.
People will say that I am defending EV, but if we have learned anything in life, it is that every pick could be better, equal or worse than a current option.
If you hire a new coach, things can always turn to even worse, let's say: playing meh and lose La Liga and a CL.

So, 2 questions:
1. whom would you pick, since we have only a few possible names. Remember that each coach needs some time. Yet, Barto and Messi DON'T have time for experiments and new beginnings, for example...
2. and what would you do if we would turn to even worse (even though BF thinks that it is impossible)?
Would you sack a new guy after 3 Months, 6 Months, or wait for 1 season?
Or would you give him 2 seasons?
Rijkaard was 12th after 6 Months.
Lucho was horrible in the first 6 Months of 2014.

So, just calm down and make a plan:
1. what would you do as a president if things would turn awesome?
2. what would you do if things would turn to even worse (and please, don't reply: it can't go worse than this.)

So Messi doesnt have time for a new beginning but he has time to spend a 3rd year on this bullshit?

BarcaOG

Banned
BBZ dude, we get it that the squad is not perfect, but which is?

You can go through EVERY squad in world football and list player x as 'useless', player y as 'dumb', player z as 'finished'. Trying taking off your biased lenses for once and see that even the Liverpool, Atletico, Bayern, Juventus, PSG and Roma teams who you keep bringing up as beating us 3-0, 4-0 because of our shit players, had a whole bunch of useless, dumb, finished and slow players in their XIs.

The difference is that each of those teams is coached by someone who looks at the resources on hand and figures out how to make 1+1=3. While we have someone who makes 1+1=0.5

So quit with your endless essays shitting on our players as the primary reason for us under-performing. Our squad has issues, but pretty similar to EVERY other squad out there.

100% BBZ please stop. i see your obnoxiously long posts all over this forum, and noone ever likes them or agrees with you.

serghei

Also, before people give Valverde too much credit for the way Bilbao played under him, they always play like that, under any manager. They are a proud basque team who just play dedicated football, especially on San Mames. Always had tough matches with them no matter who was the manager. Intense, with a lot of pressing, and with spice from their amazing fan support.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Valverde is the first guy that gives you the feeling even if you give him the likes of the 08/09 and 10/11 squads he will find a way to underperform with them as well.

Knowing him with the 08/09 Squad he will just bench Xavi and not even entertain the idea of having Busi with the first team and just play a Midfield of Iniesta-Toure-Keita for 95% of the matches.

serghei

Valverde is the first guy that gives you the feeling even if you give him the likes of the 08/09 and 10/11 squads he will find a way to underperform with them as well.

Knowing him with the 08/09 Squad he will just bench Xavi and not even entertain the idea of having Busi with the first team and just play a Midfield of Iniesta-Toure-Keita for 95% of the matches.

Lol, don't even go there. That 2009 team took some big bold decisions from Guardiola that Valverde isn't even capable to fathom let alone have the guts to take them.

Home of Barca Fans