Ernesto Valverde

How this man got himself a cult following will forever remain one of the biggest football mysteries.

If players like Arthur and Puig have cult followings despite doing basically nothing, why wouldn't a manager who carried an average squad to consecutive league titles and was only denied a treble by individual errors also not have one?

soul24rage

If players like Arthur and Puig have cult followings despite doing basically nothing, why wouldn't Messi and MATS who carried an average squad to consecutive league titles and was only denied a treble by individual errors also not have one?

Fixed that for you

CatalinR10

If players like Arthur and Puig have cult followings despite doing basically nothing, why wouldn't a manager who carried an average squad to consecutive league titles and was only denied a treble by individual errors also not have one?

the manager carried the squad ?

LMAOOOOOO

KingLeo10

Obvious trolling is obvious.

FCBfan22

giphy.gif

xXKonan

Seems like Abidal was wheeled out to explain things and this is what he said of Valverde.

Abidal: After the Clasico we started looking at Valverde's exit

"Our department has to have their homework done because you never know what can happen," said Abidal. "We started working on the coach during my first summer. We looked for information and after, the president decided to renew him. We took it on because it was a club decision, but we already saw the problem wasn't to do with results but that it was an internal thing. It's never easy to take that decision but after the Clasico on December 18, we started to concrete his exit."

Abidal made it clear that Valverde, even winning the Super Cup, would still have left.

"We watched the games and not the results, but how we played, the tactics, the work of the players who don't play a lot. I'm focused on those details. Many players weren't satisfied or working a lot and there was also an internal communication problem. The relationship between the coach and the dressing room has always been good but there are things as an ex-player that I could smell. I told the club what I thought and we reached a decision.'

https://www.sport.es/en/news/barca/...-we-started-looking-at-valverdes-exit-7835552

FCBfan22

Basically Abidal knew that the players were becoming complacent in the squad and seen that we are playing shite...

The Supercopa was probably just a tipping point for Barto who defended EV until then.

But with this known, why the hell did they loan out players, if they knew this was happening soon? Particulary Alena and Todibo.

Andrew M

Not sacking him in the summer was such an idiotic decision. He should have been sacked the second after that corner kick at Anfield happened

JamDav1982

Not sacking him in the summer was such an idiotic decision. He should have been sacked the second after that corner kick at Anfield happened

Guess why he wasnt?

Messi, Pique etc kept him in the job.

Those players have too much power.

Pique laughs about disobeying orders, missing training etc.

They had it easy and EV played a way to protect the old timers.

Andrew M

Guess why he wasnt?

Messi, Pique etc kept him in the job.

Those players have too much power.

Pique laughs about disobeying orders, missing training etc.

They had it easy and EV played a way to protect the old timers.

Yes you are completely correct, but I find it utterly perplexing as to why the board wait until winter, at such an awkward phase, to suddenly be struck by this epiphany?

Home of Barca Fans