Ernesto Valverde

Horatio

You're welcome
We were always depended on Messi but I think that under Valverde the situation has escalated. Almost all the time Messi comes to 40-50m of the pitch to take the ball and start the attacks and is expected to finish them with a goal...

Remember when Messi got injured and we had the schedule of tough fixtures? Team held its own well in his absence.

jairzinho

We should have fired this fool and i hope we don't pay for it. What i want to at least see from him this season is.

1. A willingness to learn from his mistakes (Roma, Liverpool, Valencia and others).

2 Attempting to play more positive football. Even if we win a first leg by a sizable lead, ffs don't try to park the bus in the 2nd leg.

3. More rotation for the older guys would also be useful, particularly his favourite untouchables, Rakitic, Suarez, Busquets, Pique. etc.

4. A willingness to incorporate and develop the younger players.

serghei

We should have fired this fool and i hope we don't pay for it. What i want to at least see from him this season is.

1. A willingness to learn from his mistakes (Roma, Liverpool, Valencia and others).

2 Attempting to play more positive football. Even if we win a first leg by a sizable lead, ffs don't try to park the bus in the 2nd leg.

3. More rotation for the older guys would also be useful, particularly his favourite untouchables, Rakitic, Suarez, Busquets, Pique. etc.

4. A willingness to incorporate and develop the younger players.

In 24 months he hasn't even made a baby step towards even trying to make those things better. Sorry man, ain't happening. Our best bet is Madrid having another stinker campaign in La Liga and maybe we can nick another title if Messi keeps scoring and creating goals for fun vs the smaller sides.

serghei

Look at his face. It's like he wanted to be a veterinarian or a pharmacist, but life is rough so he ended up being just the manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Tackle

:lol::lol::lol:

You lot are losing it.

The state of this thread.

Go outside, get some air.

I assure you Valverde won't be under your bed when you return.

Tackle

I hope not, because that would mean so are you, since you're always kissing his ass.

[tw]1151625498176495616[/tw]

He will surprise you this season. The quality of football improved last season with a better squad and will be even better this time around.

abbbs97

[MENTION=23863]Tackle[/MENTION] , how much are you being paid by the board to spread pro-Valverde propaganda? You never criticize him despite him being the worst manager employed by a top club right now.

JohnN

[tw]1151625498176495616[/tw]

He will surprise you this season. The quality of football improved last season with a better squad and will be even better this time around.

The quality deteriorated badly last season, except for a very small amount of games.
It's been deteriorating for many years now, so it's not all on Valverde as there were other managers before him, but he is demonstrably the worst of the lot in terms of playing style.
What you are saying is just not true.
I hope he does surprise us and improves, as we seem to be stuck with him, but at this point it's not illogical to be pessimistic is it?

Marshall D Teach

In 24 months he hasn't even made a baby step towards even trying to make those things better. Sorry man, ain't happening. Our best bet is Madrid having another stinker campaign in La Liga and maybe we can nick another title if Messi keeps scoring and creating goals for fun vs the smaller sides.

Or us having a bad enough start for him to be fired by December.

serghei

Or us having a bad enough start for him to be fired by December.

Won't happen. Teams are scared to death when they come to Camp Nou. Our fear factor in La Liga is huge for ages. If we lose La Liga next season it is going to be in the last 1/3 of the season. Doubt we'll fall behind that much so fast as to determine sacking Valverde.

La Liga is not that much of a problem anyway. The Champions League is where our reputation has taken two very big hits. This is where we must win, and it's not happening with this loser in charge.

Last edited:

The Observer

It's funny cus Lucho got absolutely destroyed on this forum 2 years ago.

I randomly browsed through the Lucho thread for 10 minutes.

Lucho is 1) a tactical nightmare, 2) incapable of motivating the squad and 3) is clueless when it comes to transfers.

Those a three things that any basic coach should be able to do. Lucho has failed spectacularly on all these fronts this season. Even if you disregard the transfers, if we had a manager who could organize us tactically and motivate the squad we could have done much better this year.We wouldn't have been good enough to win the CL but we wouldn't of have dropped anywhere near as many points as we did in La Liga against small teams.

We're not a stacked Barcelona team like in the Pep era this season, we're a very average side minus having the best attack in Europe. The bar has been set so low in our RB, CB ( reference Mathieu who frequently plays) and midfield positions that it's hard to believe anything else available could have been worse than what we had.

Lucho can be praised for his results but being a manager isn't just about results.

Lucho did nothing to build us for the future, he eroded our identity to the point where we have a non-existent midfield and rely on 3 individuals to win us games and he wasted two years of transfers and massive amounts of capital on mostly terrible signings.

So Lucho leaves us with no identity or style of play, a bunch of (expensive) dead weight that we need to clear out and huge investments in transfers required to address an unbalanced and disjointed team.

Now the same guy who in 2017 said that the team was very average bar the attack, had no identitiy, a non-existent midfield and was unbalanced and disjointed suddenly argues with me that Barca is actually great. After team lost Neymar, Iniesta, Alves, Umtiti and everyone else got 2 years older. You couldn't make it up. :)

Home of Barca Fans