Ernesto Valverde - V1

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Where are the disgusting Valverde fanboys? As if we didnt know we are playing bad? As if we were not riding on Messi once again? As if we didnt notice our display is absolute awful? As if we didnt think think this was about to happen any time soon? How many fucking times we went out on the pitch with the idea of defending this season? As if we completely forgot that Valverde tried to switch our system to 442 and we were playing with spectacular defensive attitude since then? I dont know what Valverde's problem is but I definitely dont understand why every coach that comes to FCB needs to think they need to fucking revolutionize the system according to "his" own ways and set a NEW TREND? Every fucking time someone tries something so different that we end up bottling every year unless we are riding some heavy LUCK. (insert Lucho). Did we think Valverde will ride the same luck of Lucho's? Well Messi can not do everything. HE CAN. BUT HE DOES NOT NEED TO. IT IS A FUCKING TEAM GAME.

Disgusting. Horrible that Iniesta has to go like this. All this Media hype "Unbeatable" bla bla...Repent now.

serghei

The only thing I can think of with the Gomes sub is he was trying to protect the 4-3 Lead we had but that quickly went out the window and we conceded a goal like within 2 mins of him coming on. :lol:

:lol:

Valverde

Min 0-5. Let's protect the 4-1 lead, there's no way they'll score 3. We never received more than 2 this season.

Min 5. Shit, bad goal to concede. But hey, it's only 0-1, they'll need more. I'm gonna tell Barto to never give any raise to this idiot.

Min 5-45. Good. The storm has passed, we're almost there.

Min 58. Man, is it hot in here or it's just me? 2-0, fuck! Should I make a change? No. Not yet, we're still ahead, the boys will hold on, and Messi will score sooner or later. He always does. That's why I love him. He won't hang me out to dry.

Min 58-82. Jesus, don't like this game. My hair is turning gray as we speak. I had great hair before signing for this team. I should have stayed at Bilbao. The pressure here is not good for my health. Gomes, where are you son. You're coming in. You have experience in these games, go get them.

Min 83. Fuck! FUCK!, it's 4-4. Extra time. Or, is it? I don't know how they play in this Champions League or how they call it. I heard something once about the away goal rule. We're still in it. Wait, why is Iniesta crying? I got this.

Min 93. FUCK! We're out. They're going to lynch me.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
That's irrelevant though isn't it? Sure, you can have bad days in CL, but we were getting outplayed in pretty much every away game, and even for large portions of home games. Whether one saw the City debacle or not is material, because this was very clearly on the cards. It wasn't just about a bad night out, which can happen and will be excused if you're playing somewhat attractive football. Valverde just stands there dumbfounded at what's going on. No tactical change, no substitution, nothing. It was baffling.

It does matter because if a manager like Pep can get exposed in CL after spending hundreds of millions and playing attractive attacking football, so can every manager.

Neeraj

It does matter because if a manager like Pep can get exposed in CL after spending hundreds of millions and playing attractive attacking football, so can every manager.

I don't want to bring this down to a if Pep got exposed, so can Valverde debate - but even if we do come to that, Pep got beaten my a maverick Liverpool who can do that to teams. We got thumped by Roma, defending a 4-1 lead. Big difference.

Devils

As he not resigned yet?

Bringing on Gomes in the 81th minutes,

A team playing 3 at the back & you don't realize you need to put on a extra forward to stretch them? Every single person who watches football knows this basic tactic, it will stretch them and force the wide men in Midfield back to help over, which will give out Midfielders more space.

For these two things along, he should resign, I'm not going to talk about him being a coward, I have been saying this for too long.

He shouldn't have to resign our board should sack him.

Hate that club run with this initiative that managers should be allowed to resign on their own terms. If anything we should be firing these incompetent fools in public so the next guy who comes in knows that he will get put to the sword if he's complacent.

We are the only big club in Europe who wont sack a manager during the course of the season. It's pathetic.

henias

Conceded 6 goals last season against Monaco, 5 against Liverpool this season, he is making a hell a lot of 'fatal mistakes'.

Being unbeaten matters because we are close to winning La Liga and if RM won't win CL, it'll feel damn good knowing that they are trophyless.

Also we are playing better football since Coutinho arrived and Dembele got back from injury, the way we played against Girona or first half against Leganes this what we are capable of.

Dembele? EV has no plans for him, he clearly has his own sets of players that doesnt perform, yet is playing week in week out. Coutinho shud be covering for Iniesta, no, he is playing with him for some reason. Playing Coutinho out of position. Constantly forcing an injured Pique on the pitch. Keep saying Dembele needs to integrate but he will nvr integrate sitting on the bench.

Pep hasnt has a great record in CL recently, but then I dont know why u categorise him as a great manager and put him similar to EV. For me, EV still lack alot of basic managerial urgency and is way too conservative for players like Barcelona, it's not just results, everything he does is inconsistent and wierd at times. Seems clueless and his 70th 80th min late sub policy is simply not working and is too late at times.

Yeah keep putting your faith in him and trust him to defend in every game. You think he would be a "defensive masterclass" as many claim but we have been outplayed in league games as well.

shadows

I don't want to bring this down to a if Pep got exposed, so can Valverde debate - but even if we do come to that, Pep got beaten my a maverick Liverpool who can do that to teams. We got thumped by Roma, defending a 4-1 lead. Big difference.

I get your point. But pep has been exposed in Europe so many times now..a superior almost German national team which went on to win the WC got a 5-0 thrashing vs Real madrid. Against us next year, he went all out instead of containing a lead and lost the tie even though they did win the second leg. This year liverpool similarly bad tactics cost the first leg and ultimately the tie. I am not defending Valverde here, there are no excuses for his lack of tactics yesterday but Pep isn't that great in Europe either due to his over tinkering of well established squads which would normally win if they played the same way.

What i would say of EV is that he has driven the team to exhaustion, playing the same squad week in week out. Hell the entire team isn't a bunch of spring chickens..it would've surely helped sacrificing the copa del rey for some needed rest especially to Iniesta Busquets and Messi who are all running on fumes!

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

Roma were first in the group and eliminated Atletico in the process, they can be labeled as "maverick" as well. Also what people in here were saying, "don't underestimate them" and yet it seems fans, manager and players did exactly that.

Dembele? EV has no plans for him, he clearly has his own sets of players that doesnt perform, yet is playing week in week out. Coutinho shud be covering for Iniesta, no, he is playing with him for some reason. Playing Coutinho out of position. Constantly forcing an injured Pique on the pitch. Keep saying Dembele needs to integrate but he will nvr integrate sitting on the bench.

Pep hasnt has a great record in CL recently, but then I dont know why u categorise him as a great manager and put him similar to EV. For me, EV still lack alot of basic managerial urgency and is way too conservative for players like Barcelona, it's not just results, everything he does is inconsistent and wierd at times. Seems clueless and his 70th 80th min late sub policy is simply not working and is too late at times.

Yeah keep putting your faith in him and trust him to defend in every game. You think he would be a "defensive masterclass" as many claim but we have been outplayed in league games as well.

I don't want him to "defend every game", but I will keep putting faith in him because I hated Lucho and his rotations and focus on every competition. If he focuses on La Liga next season again and improves gameplay a bit with Coutinho, Dembele and some new faces, it'll do for me.

henias

I don't want him to "defend every game", but I will keep putting faith in him because I hated Lucho and his rotations and focus on every competition. If he focuses on La Liga next season again and improves gameplay a bit with Coutinho, Dembele and some new faces, it'll do for me.

Yeah keep doing that. Disgusting Valverde apologists have been embarassing themselves in this forum since the start, literally giving every excuse for him, despite his major flaws (blaming Dembele , players, say he's getting results but when he doesnt get results blames the squad for not beinf good enough). Doesnt trust young players so what's the point of a better squad?

Yeah, somehow bringing Gomes in the 81st minute evidently shows what a great and "smart" coach he is.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Yeah keep doing that. Disgusting Valverde apologists have been embarassing themselves in this forum since the start, literally giving every excuse for him (blaming Dembele , players, say he's getting results but when he doesnt get results blames the squad for not beinf good enough), despite his major flaws.

Yeah, somehow being Gomes in the 81st minute evidently shows what a great and "smart" coach he is.

Haha "disgusting Valverde apologist", you seem to can't handle different opinions although you always accuse people of doing that.

serghei

Should have sent him to watch Bayern tonight instead, in this way he could've watched Sevilla too, because we're playing them in the Copa del Rey final.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma

Embarrassing statement. You have to be special kind of nuts to be able to be "OKAY" with this kind of mess. If we go by logic, then I have to say you are mediocre as fuck in life as well and that is why you are "OKAY" with mediocrity. Are you trying to say you did not see the Chelsea game? Was that an okay performance for you? Was that not a prior-signal to the things that was about to happen? Are you okay with our La Liga performances since we came back from FiFA break? What kind of excuse is this? What do you mean by gameplay? Can you elaborate? We literally collapsed in midfield, we tried to defend with our lives with such a huge lead and we did not even try to alter the game when the match was already going out of hands. This is sickening from a coach at this level of the game. Valverde definitely set a trend. But it was nothing but cruel disgusting football with short breaks of Messi madness. Nothing more or less. You need to understand "making defense strong" IS NOT equivalent to "Defending" itself. Former is a requirement/ a necessity, latter is a fucking choice.

Home of Barca Fans