Ernesto Valverde - V1

wisconsincule

This.

--- Paulinho -- Busquets ---

Dembele -- Messi -- Coutinho

------------- Suarez --------------

Messi clearly doesn't want to play the RW anymore. I could see us trying this lineup. Not sure who would be the second midfielder. Rakitic and Iniesta don't have it anymore

Arkk

This.

--- Paulinho -- Busquets ---

Dembele -- Messi -- Coutinho

------------- Suarez --------------

that.

if Messi doesn't wanna play RW he needs to stay central. don't like Paulinho in there but i guess we have to be realistic :lol:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Countinho on the left. Dembele on the right. Paulinho and Busi in the middle. Rakitic and Iniesta should not play anymore. This way our wings are not a shitshow. Pique can concentrate more in the middle. Busi needs a strong physical and fast midfielder. Paulinho is a shit option but that is what we get. Hopefully Roberto can manage it so I don't have to see Paulinho on the pitch. It we still insist on 4-3-3. Dembele on left. Coutinho Roberto and Busi midfield is the way to go. If we can't sign Coutinho which is very likely replace him with Denis in the lineups. Hopefully rafinha also steps up. I didn't mention Gomes because i am pretending he doesn't exist. He doesn't fit into any lineup.

Sepuldinho

Countinho on the left. Dembele on the right. Paulinho and Busi in the middle. Rakitic and Iniesta should not play anymore. This way our wings are not a shitshow. Pique can concentrate more in the middle. Busi needs a strong physical and fast midfielder. Paulinho is a shit option but that is what we get. Hopefully Roberto can manage it so I don't have to see Paulinho on the pitch. It we still insist on 4-3-3. Dembele on left. Coutinho Roberto and Busi midfield is the way to go. If we can't sign Coutinho which is very likely replace him with Denis in the lineups. Hopefully rafinha also steps up. I didn't mention Gomes because i am pretending he doesn't exist. He doesn't fit into any lineup.

this is the best lineup i can think too if both dembele and coutinho sign for us imo

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If Valverde doesn't drop Vidal and FAST, we won't win a single title. I'll bet anything on it. Even if we buy Coutinho and Dembele, it is simply not possible to win a title with that scrub at RB. Every big team will target him and expose the shit out of us, RM already know very consciously that he's the weak link and will be out for blood in every Clasico. Marcelo/Ronaldo/Isco getting so many open spaces and chances against him, they'll absolutely love playing Barca if Vidal is on.

Idk why EV insisted on him up till now, but if after seeing this horror show he doesn't change his mind and play Semedo then idk what to do. There'll be no hope left. It's so obvious how bad Vidal is but if he couldn't see it clearly by now then he simply won't be able to. There will not be a single title won with Aleix Vidal at starting RB, we could buy Mbappe/Coutinho/Dembele/Verratti and it still wouldn't happen. I don't think it's even possible to suggest otherwise.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Dembele and Coutinho is ridiculous and not going to happen. It's either one of those or, at this point the player I want, Mbappe and that will most likely do it, even though we need an Iniesta replacement. I hate seeing Isco and Asensio demonstrate how foolish we were for sleeping on them for the likes of Turan and Gomes. The look on Bartomeu's face during Asensio's goal said it all.

Just give me Mbappe and Eriksen and I'm good. Also, I'd prefer Messi as a CAM in Cryuff's diamond rather than a double-pivot.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dembele and Coutinho is ridiculous and not going to happen. It's either one of those or, at this point the player I want, Mbappe and that will most likely do it, even though we need an Iniesta replacement. I hate seeing Isco and Asensio demonstrate how foolish we were for sleeping on them for the likes of Turan and Gomes. The look on Bartomeu's face during Asensio's goal said it all.

Just give me Mbappe and Eriksen and I'm good. Also, I'd prefer Messi as a CAM in Cryuff's diamond rather than a double-pivot.

If Dembele and Coutinho is ridiculous then I don't even know what Mbappe and Eriksen is considering the former going for 160m+ and the latter having Daniel Levy to deal with whom even Florentino kneeled to.

i_bleed_blaugrana

If Dembele and Coutinho is ridiculous then I don't even know what Mbappe and Eriksen is considering the former going for 160m+ and the latter having Daniel Levy to deal with whom even Florentino kneeled to.

Realistically speaking, we probs won't get a MF.

For how much we were gonna pay for Coutinho, Eriksen is just as good imho.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Eriksen and Mbappe would cost much more than Coutinho and Dembele. Erisken is better midfielder than Coutinho and Mbappe is more hyped than Dembele. Rumors of PSG signing Mbappe for 200m+ crazy shit.

Barcilliant

Our biggest problem is our lack of versatility. We only know how to play one way. RM can adjust their tactics and win.

Even in Pep's heyday we found it hard to break down defences.

Valverde got a reality check today. Let's see how he responds

Garrus

Valverde start with barca is like finally getting that new video game you've been waiting your whole life for.
And once you're about to start the game, The only difficulty mode the game presents to you is called "Nightmare difficulty"

Pre-season matches were a distracting circus, Lost the 2nd best player in the world, No replacement yet, And his first official match was a clasico, Then some of his players decided to make clown of themselves for the first official match.
That's some "Dark Souls" kind of sh**, Feel sorry for him.

Cool

His only mistake is playing Vidal for the entire 90 minutes. Too early to judge him and say if he's "stubborn" or not, I think down the line he'll have to make a choice about Messi's position and the 4-4-3.

Home of Barca Fans