Ernesto Valverde - V1

Andresito

Staff member
I think Valverde's be or not to be depends on the availability of Koeman. He's only been in charge for 12 games for Netherlands so far.

Regarding ten Hag there might be a reluctancy to hire him because of his lack of spanish language skills.

Other than those two I can't really see any suitable candidates.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

lol clueless about football, klopp in his first month in liverpoool already had changed more things than this retarded in 2 years

Liverpool ended 8th in Klopp's first league season.

I am talking about short term La liga success in cases of Ev vs Setien, Pimienta or even Klopp.

Long term success is a different story.
But again, if the board's main goal is winning La liga in the next season, then you can understand why EV for them sounds like a safe bet. For La liga only.

Btw, again, I am not defending Ev.
But options like Pimienta and Setien aren't too promising either.

raskolnikov

I think Valverde's be or not to be depends on the availability of Koeman. He's only been in charge for 12 for Netherlands so far.

Regarding ten Hag there might be a reluctancy to hire him because of his lack of spanish language skills.

Other than those two I can't really see any suitable candidates.
Koeman is a barca legend but he is a pragmatic coach as well. I might be wrong but I cant see him bring the cruijff type football on the pitch.
I could see it happening after 2020. Which eould mean we are stuck with this idiot for another year.

jairzinho

Prior to Valgreen’s arrival, Barca had won La Liga 6/10 years.

A period that includes 2 straight and 3 straight titles.

The copa has also been won 3 times straight before his arrival.

But apparently, we won’t be able to win things again without dear Valgreen.

He is a safe bet.

LOL.

The only safe bet With dear Valgreen is utter humiliation in the CL.

This club knows how to win domestic titles.

Before him, with and surely after him.

What this club doesn’t know, is being embarrassed at the highest level.

Ultimate bottlers for two straight years.

That's Valgreen's safe bet.

Last edited:

jairzinho

Don't get me wrong. Valgreen deserves credit for his time here.

Winning the double back to back is very good.

Maybe with some of the worst football we have ever played, but still a good achievement.

But the trade off with being embarrassed in the CL is not worth it.

The damage to the international brand, the reputation, the prestige. It's not worth it IMO.

Some people would say you barca fans are so entitled. This guy is winning in Spain and you want him gone, why?

What about the socios? They value the the domestic titles.

My reponse to socios is we've been dominating domestically for the last decade.

Why do you think it will not continue without Valgreen?

It will continue once the board is brave enough to make the right moves off the field.

Sell guys like Raki and Suarez. They are friends with Messi, they love the city but their time is up.

That 30 year old clique needs to be broken up and sold one by one.

Bring in a younger core of players around Messi and start planning for when he retires.

Zidane82

Don't get me wrong. Valgreen deserves credit for his time here.

Winning the double back to back is very good.

Maybe with some of the worst football we have ever played, but still a good achievement.

But the trade off with being embarrassed in the CL is not worth it.

The damage to the international brand, the reputation, the prestige. It's not worth it IMO.

Some people would say you barca fans are so entitled. This guy is winning in Spain and you want him gone, why?

What about the socios? They value the the domestic titles.

My reponse to socios is we've been dominating domestically for the last decade.

Why do you think it will not continue without Valgreen?

It will continue once the board is brave enough to make the right moves off the field.

Sell guys like Raki and Suarez. They are friends with Messi, they love the city but their time is up.

That 30 year old clique needs to be broken up and sold one by one.

Bring in a younger core of players around Messi and start planning for when he retires.

Has Valverde achieved that much , really ?

Two seasons of boring , frustrating football where Messi saved us time and time again .. two seasons where both Madrid teams have been the poorest I can recall ..

Givenchy

Two seasons of boring , frustrating football where Messi saved us time and time again .. two seasons where both Madrid teams have been the poorest I can recall ..

exactly.. its not a great achievement at all

clemente

We need to take a hit for a season, where we simply play young team with new tactics, simple as that, we will still finish 3rd/4th because of Messi, but at least it won't be boring and it will be a progress.

henias

Again with the CDR bullshit, support till you die malarkey? For how long have they been fooling their fans of their time and money, thinking they can keep up forever with this deceit? To put it crudely, this is almost like daylight robbery, EV getting on with each day in this position, with tons of others who could even do a much better job. As if we have struggled La Liga for years and this isn't the weakest Madrid side. Honeymoon's over and there's still zero fcking progress in our club.

Giving him 3 seasons while getting humiliated? Absolute blasphemy if you ask me. The club doesn't deserve Messi nor any success be it domestically or European. You would think Messi's in a position better than in Argentina's, well think again. I didn't come here to watch a brilliant individual, I came here to watch a goddamn team.

Having EV here is no safe bet at all, anything can go south instantly, because this guy is literally betting on Messi to bail his ass.

Sorry to say we don't even deserve a so called "famous double", that's nothing to be proud of when there's no substance in this team with one player doing all the work. It's all a huge circus act. And this hasn't been going on for only a year, it's been the same for ages, except the dependance on Messi seemed to worsen recently. Messi and fans need to stop supporting this joke of a club and stop being passive about it. I don't give a shit about their political rivalry. Call them spoilt all you want, if the club can turn against their own philosophy and their own products, then why can't others?

This Catalan club is already destroyed by their own members and a disgusting president. One trophyless season will never taint their years of history, in fact, it will be a major wakeup call for their fans. If not now, it's later, will definitely happen when Messi leaves. It's funny how people use history as an excuse when they are doing everything that could potentially destroy it. So riding on and betting on a "double" is not a viable or optimistic approach as well, I would rather trust on a long term solution and to have more capable people running the club.

That's more than being "plastic". People hurl and abuse that word so often is so hypocritical at the same time.

Last edited:

malvolio

Let's not lie to each other, boring football or not, it is an impressive achievement to do a back to back double. We could have been worse, but we also should have done better. Problem is there is no real progress under him and you don't want that long term.

SeloBarca

Let's not lie to each other, boring football or not, it is an impressive achievement to do a back to back double. We could have been worse, but we also should have done better. Problem is there is no real progress under him and you don't want that long term.

back to back double in a league thats weaker than for a VERY long time and making Messi save his ass is not "impressive"

Home of Barca Fans