Ernesto Valverde - V1

serghei

Not saying it will happen, but man if Valverde somehow wins the CL - La Liga double this season, we'll all have some explaining to do :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi will be the explanation
You know, if we win it is thanks to Messi, if we lose we failed Messi.

Let's be honest here.

Given how shit our defence is and how Suarez has forgotten how to score in the CL the only way we're winning that competition is if Messi actually goes crazy and pulls us there.

Either that or we keep getting lucky draws until the final.

soul24rage

Let's be honest here.

Given how shit our defence is and how Suarez has forgotten how to score in the CL the only way we're winning that competition is if Messi actually goes crazy and pulls us there.

even with a lucky draw, we still failed last season :(

George_Costanza

In meanwhile, Marcelo Bielsa in the press conference today apologize that he sent his staff to watch other clubs training. Also, he asked his staff to analyze the team he is facing from previous games. For example, he asked his staff to watch all 51 games Derby played last season. Each game took four hours to analyse.

"Why did we do that? Because we think this is professional behavior. It's to try and avoid being ignorant about the competition we're playing in."

_105212039_bielsa_twitter2.jpg

serghei

Let's be honest here.

Not true.

If our defense is shit, Messi won't make any difference no matter how he plays. Every time we won the CL, we won as a team, not because Messi carried us. It wouldn't be different this year if we are to win it.

DonAK

Not true.

If our defense is shit, Messi won't make any difference no matter how he plays. Every time we won the CL, we won as a team, not because Messi carried us. It wouldn't be different this year if we are to win it.

Can't see us winning unless we outscore the other team. Rakitic - Busquets in midfield, Roberto at RB and our slow in general team won't be able to cope with the intensity of the best teams.

I feel like we have this discussion every season where we struggle defensively against smaller teams and get exposed badly in the CL.

BigBarcaBoy

Can't see us winning unless we outscore the other team. Rakitic - Busquets in midfield, Roberto at RB and our slow in general team won't be able to cope with the intensity of the best teams.

I feel like we have this discussion every season where we struggle defensively against smaller teams and get exposed badly in the CL.
Isn't the whole object of football to outscore the other team
Or have i be getting it wrong all these years ?

DonAK

Isn't the whole object of football to outscore the other team
Or have i be getting it wrong all these years ?

I think it's clear what I mean with my post is that teams will be scoring rather easily against us so we'll have to outgun them by winning 3-2, 4-3, 5-4, 6-5 on aggregate and so on. Yeah, obviously the object is to outscore them. But it's rare to outscore a team like that.

Sorry for coming off as an asshole right now, but do you really want me to explain what I say throughly step by step all the time? It's kind of tiring and I don't have BBZ level stamina for it.

Anyway, it's just my shit theory.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Let's be honest here.

Messi himself has been shit when it mattered in CL lately, we will need our attack back to win CL, we will need our defense to step up too and midfield to support both lines.
Which is what [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] is saying, like any team we will need our best player to step up.
But it doesn't warrant treating him like Lebron and treating Barca like Cavs, all credit to him, all blame to the rest

DonAK

Messi himself has been shit when it mattered in CL lately, we will need our attack back to win CL, we will need our defense to step up too and midfield to support both lines.
Which is what @serghei is saying, like any team we will need our best player to step up.
But it doesn't warrant treating him like Lebron and treating Barca like Cavs, all credit to him, all blame to the rest

I don't do that, but some of you guys surely believe all the fault lies on Messi if we don't win the CL. @serghei himself has a long history of going off hysterically in the Messi thread once every year.

Dude's brought up selling him a couple of times before he's gotten instantly shut down :shrug:

Sorry, just had to. You set it up.

serghei

I don't do that, but some of you guys surely believe all the fault lies on Messi if we don't win the CL. [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] himself has a long history of going off hysterically in the Messi thread once every year.

I just don't like it when he doesn't give enough effort in key games. Like any athlete, he should give more as the stakes are higher, but he sulks and just disappears in CL at important moments when he should step up and lead the team.

I wouldn't have any issues with Messi at all if I felt he's giving as much as he can give in these very important CL games. Only issue I have is a lot of times he's treating a highly important CL decider as if it's a match vs Levante in La Liga.

Devils

Bet that last rotation experiment against Levante was the time he tries something like that.

Gala XI from now until May.

:valverde2:

serghei

It was expected tbh, Valverde is not a manager who does rotations. When he does it it's because he has to basically. There are some managers who play mostly the same 11 over and over again with minor differences. Valverde is like that.

Home of Barca Fans