Ernesto Valverde - V1

serghei

Never played nor coached a big club either. Could end up out of his depth like Valverde.

Most managers we could sign, if not all, could end up like Valverde. That's the sad truth. Don't see anyone out there who would be such a perfect fit that making it here would be bankable.

Andresito

Staff member
Koeman.
Knows how it feels to win the CL. Has managing experience. His Netherlands plays nice football.

If people want Setién who also "plays nice football", then Koeman should be ahead of him.

God Serena

Koeman.
Knows how it feels to win the CL. Has managing experience. His Netherlands plays nice football.

If people want Setién who also "plays nice football", then Koeman should be ahead of him.

But Setien is doing well with Betis right now and has proven to be a better La Liga manager than Valverde and Lopetgui by far. He has a team that is usually battling relegation (If they're not in Segunda) sitting in a spot that'd qualify them for Europe.

Porque

I said this a few times but check the LaLiga table and look at the team which is 5th place. The manager is former Barcelona defender Abelardo.

I'd say he is pretty well positioned as a potential candidate here.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
But Setien is doing well with Betis right now and has proven to be a better La Liga manager than Valverde and Lopetgui by far. He has a team that is usually battling relegation (If they're not in Segunda) sitting in a spot that'd qualify them for Europe.

They have quality players and should be doing better. Key NT players such as Carvalho and Inui, experience in Joaquin, good players like Canales, Bartra, Moron, young talents in Firpo, Sanabria, Lo Celso and etc. Their squad is absolutely not mediocre, and Setien's weird obsession with playing 3 CBs and two fullbacks in Firpo and Francis whilst having so many good attacking players is imo costing them. They often fail to outplay their opponent and create chances while just having more possession. In their last home game against Eibar, for instance, they were outplayed 4-15 in shots (the game ended 1-1). I get it that Setien is the hipster choice after he defeated us, but he is definitely not the best option.

serghei

Koeman.

Koeman would be among the favorites for me too, but wasn't he recently appointed for the Dutch NT? Maybe it's not the best for him to leave that as he's just been starting to build something nice there.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Koeman is offered the job he'll probably leave the Netherlands NT. He's always said it's his dream to get the Barca job.

He doesn't come without warning signs though from his stints at Southampton and Everton.

DonAK

No mention of Jupp Heynckes? His teams played good football and he's coached in spain before. If barca offered him the job i'm sured he'd come out of retirement again.

He was apparently offered it by Real Madrid, also one of his former employers and he said thanks, but no thanks.

Joan

Think that's impossible. There were reports Bayern was asking Jupp to stay for another year, but he wanted to retire.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I said this a few times but check the LaLiga table and look at the team which is 5th place. The manager is former Barcelona defender Abelardo.

I'd say he is pretty well positioned as a potential candidate here.

I did love Abelardo as a player despite him often being ridiculed as weakest link and taken as a sort of a mascot. He played here during turbulent times and while never tasting greatest success he did bump shoulders with big stars.

Could be a good candidate but I'd still hold out for high profile candidate who would instill respect and inspiration.

DonAK

I am a bit conflicted on Koeman. Former legend, knows what winning the CL is and was an assistant here a couple of decades ago. Had some successful and some bad stints with different clubs.

He is on the other hand a man that takes no BS from his players and won't let them walk over him, which I think is something we need. He will also have the respect of the players due to his status here. Also if we end up sign de Jong and de Ligt it would be of help for them too.

I'm just not very convinced he's a great option though, but I'll take him ahead of Setien any time.

If Valverde decides to leave the market is thin.

Because every top manager or potential top manager out there got a job, because Barca allowed themselves to go for the safe, boring option.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Still no love for Zidane ??

Attacking football plus he'd like to get back at Madrid ??
We've had LE from them and he wasn't tooo bad ..

I'd love Klopp but that's a few years off , I'd guess

Home of Barca Fans