Ernesto Valverde - V1

Toecrusher

Valverde:"Huesca has not lost so far despite playing in very difficult stadiums, they have good attackers and a few great midfielders. We have to be alert against them."
Valverde:"After the previous matches of Huesca, I don't think they will reach the Camp Nou fearful. We know the difficulty of facing the newly promoted teams recently."
Valverde: "@SDHuesca is undefeated after visits to Ipurúa and San Mamés and has gotten good results based on its own merit."
Valverde:"Yes, the summer market has ended. I know now who my players are and now the focus is 100% on the matches only. I am happy with all the available players."
Rafinha wanted to leave, how did you deal with him? Valverde:" It is not easy to deal with those who want more minutes to play .. There were conversations between us and he stayed with us which is good for both parties."
Valverde:"Lets see how much minutes he will get because he has a lot to offer to the team."
Valverde:"It's good that Rafinha stayed, he has got lot of great stuff and he can help us, we'll see how he will play the matches and it will depend on his performance."
Exclusion of Alba from the NT team? Valverde:" This question doesn't concern me .. Ask Enrique. I don't like to interfere in other coaches decision and vice versa. I respect all."
Valverde:"We know that after the International break we have a very tough schedule, but of course I will not do rotations because we have just started the season."
Samper? Valverde:" First we want him to recover from injury and then we will monitor his development and what he can provide to the team, it is a special case because he was injured during the loan period, but we will wait and see during the season."
Pique's license? Valverde: "I did not talk to him about it and I have no information about it and I will talk to him personally."
Valverde: "The case of Riqui Puig and Miranda is totally different from that of Alena's."
Puig and Miranda will play with the first team? Valverde:" Everything is about timing and the need for these players, we will see how they evolve but I don't promise that they will participate with us."
Valverde: "Alena is a player of the first team."
Valverde: "Each game is played for three points but all the teams can defeat you and we will not allow ourselves to fall, so there is no easy match."
Dembele needs continuity? Valverde: Everyone needs continuity .. I said previously that we are expecting a lot for him. He is a player of high quality and we are happy with what he offers so far.
It's an easy game, so will we get to see new faces? Valverde:"It's a tough game and we have to win it."
Coutinho in the Midfield or Attack? Valverde:"Ask him, don't ask me. Coutinho plays in both positions with the NT, so you will see him play in this positions throughout the season."
Did you want Rafinha to stay? Valverde: "Yes, we talked about it and he is happy."
Arturo Vidal? Valverde: "Haha.. every week Chilean journalist with a repeated question until the end of the season."
Valverde: "Arturo's adaptation to the team on and off the pitch is going well."
Will Pique's personal life affect his performance? Valverde:"If you are a football player, your life will be in the eyes of all , but as I said, I will not talk about it in the public and I will talk to Gerrard after the conference."
What would you say to Alba? Valverde:"Just focus on your team, focus on your work, focus on your good performance and eventually you will come back to the NT team."

pepi

It's an easy game, so will we get to see new faces? Valverde:"It's a tough game and we have to win it."

Forget about rotation this season

George_Costanza

Forget about rotation this season

Rinse and repeat from last season. I already said it before, I'm not expecting much from him this season. His pre and post-match conference comments are depressing enough for me.

clemente

Valverde:"Huesca has not lost so far despite playing in very difficult stadiums, they have good attackers and a few great midfielders. We have to be alert against them."
Valverde:"After the previous matches of Huesca, I don't think they will reach the Camp Nou fearful. We know the difficulty of facing the newly promoted teams recently."
Valverde: "@SDHuesca is undefeated after visits to Ipurúa and San Mamés and has gotten good results based on its own merit."

Why is he so worried about Huesca at Camp Nou but plays B team without Messi against Levante at their home when they had the best form in la liga at that moment and our unbeaten record was gone 2 games left in the season. His rotations are so braindead.

Zidane82

Would be a dream come true :wub: :lol:

--------------Ter Stegen--------------
--------Pique--Lenglet--Umtiti-------
--Semedo----------------------Alba--
-----------Busquets--Rakitic---------
------Roberto-------------Vidal------
---------------Messi------------------

A dream team featuring Rakitic and Roberto in the forward ranks ??

I'd settle for Bielsa ...

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Valverde:"Yes, the summer market has ended. I know now who my players are and now the focus is 100% on the matches only. I am happy with all the available players."
Rafinha wanted to leave, how did you deal with him? Valverde:" It is not easy to deal with those who want more minutes to play .. There were conversations between us and he stayed with us which is good for both parties."
Valverde:"Lets see how much minutes he will get because he has a lot to offer to the team."
Valverde:"It's good that Rafinha stayed, he has got lot of great stuff and he can help us, we'll see how he will play the matches and it will depend on his performance."
Exclusion of Alba from the NT team? Valverde:" This question doesn't concern me .. Ask Enrique. I don't like to interfere in other coaches decision and vice versa. I respect all."
Valverde:"We know that after the International break we have a very tough schedule, but of course I will not do rotations because we have just started the season."
Samper? Valverde:" First we want him to recover from injury and then we will monitor his development and what he can provide to the team, it is a special case because he was injured during the loan period, but we will wait and see during the season."
Pique's license? Valverde: "I did not talk to him about it and I have no information about it and I will talk to him personally."
Valverde: "The case of Riqui Puig and Miranda is totally different from that of Alena's."
Puig and Miranda will play with the first team? Valverde:" Everything is about timing and the need for these players, we will see how they evolve but I don't promise that they will participate with us."
Valverde: "Alena is a player of the first team."
Valverde: "Each game is played for three points but all the teams can defeat you and we will not allow ourselves to fall, so there is no easy match."
Dembele needs continuity? Valverde: Everyone needs continuity .. I said previously that we are expecting a lot for him. He is a player of high quality and we are happy with what he offers so far.
Coutinho in the Midfield or Attack? Valverde:"Ask him, don't ask me. Coutinho plays in both positions with the NT, so you will see him play in this positions throughout the season."
Did you want Rafinha to stay? Valverde: "Yes, we talked about it and he is happy."
Arturo Vidal? Valverde: "Haha.. every week Chilean journalist with a repeated question until the end of the season."
Valverde: "Arturo's adaptation to the team on and off the pitch is going well."
Will Pique's personal life affect his performance? Valverde:"If you are a football player, your life will be in the eyes of all , but as I said, I will not talk about it in the public and I will talk to Gerrard after the conference."
What would you say to Alba? Valverde:"Just focus on your team, focus on your work, focus on your good performance and eventually you will come back to the NT team."

Lmao. You would think Huesca area top four contender.

Valverde is a pussy plain and simple. I watched the first half of Liverpool Leicester. Technically Liverpool were 6/10 and I'm being generous. However fitness, hunger and pressing were 9/10.
We need to either clean out most of the seniors or relegate them to minor roles.... and Valverde is not the man for this gigantic task.

It's Cl or bust for Valverde.

jairzinho

Would be a dream come true :wub: :lol:

--------------Ter Stegen--------------
--------Pique--Lenglet--Umtiti-------
--Semedo----------------------Alba--
-----------Busquets--Rakitic---------
------Roberto-------------Vidal------
---------------Messi------------------

Slowest midfield ever.

Home of Barca Fans