Ernesto Valverde - V1

Ursegor

World Champion
i despise Red cafe as much as anyone for their Pro Ronaldo attitude and bias . But the way they are dealing Mourinho's third season meltdown make me wonder why this forum has few lunatics who are spoiled by our golden generation . Even in that Mourinho thread most of the posters criticise Mourinho in a way that would shame some of the posters in Valverde thread . There is a difference between crticism and outright bashing and the Ev thread has been notorious for the later . Mou has won fuck all for them in his 3 seasons yet they treat him fairly well rather than calling names like fraud , coward , asshole etc .

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-mourinho-out-thread.441140/page-23

Redcafe is heavily moderated. It has an invisible newbie section, new members have to first prove over a period of time that their posts are worth full membership. Acronyms like lol or lmao are forbidden so stuff like "Poorinho" will get you banned fast.

Ironically, most members from Barcaforum that I've seen trying to post there have been all banned rather quickly.

Stoichkov1

i despise Red cafe as much as anyone for their Pro Ronaldo attitude and bias . But the way they are dealing Mourinho's third season meltdown make me wonder why this forum has few lunatics who are spoiled by our golden generation . Even in that Mourinho thread most of the posters criticise Mourinho in a way that would shame some of the posters in Valverde thread . There is a difference between crticism and outright bashing and the Ev thread has been notorious for the later . Mou has won fuck all for them in his 3 seasons yet they treat him fairly well rather than calling names like fraud , coward , asshole etc .

Valverde has much better players at his disposal.

RMU ReBorn

He's been there two seasons and I'd say he's alright considering the squad he's had. It's not like we would have gotten anywhere near City in the PL, facing 15-20 Roma away games a season.

Mourinho's united would finish behind Sevilla in La liga :lol: Haven't seen any premier league team that plays with the intensity in which Roma plays except Liverpool . His squad is only inferior to top 3 in England

Redcafe is heavily moderated. It has an invisible newbie section, new members have to first prove over a period of time that their posts are worth full membership. Acronyms like lol or lmao are forbidden so stuff like "Poorinho" will get you banned fast.

Ironically, most members from Barcaforum that I've seen trying to post there have been all banned rather quickly.

Yeap , i am aware of their Newbie section . I did registered once and gave up after a week as i knew that i won't get the permission to post in main threads since my English is poor and won't meet the required standards

Valverde has much better players at his disposal.

First of all i posted this in Premier league thread as i don't ever want to be part of this cancerous thread discussion . Don't know which mod moved my post to Ev thread . I've decided to not post anything in this thread , which is filled with lunatics and plastic fans who don't even have the manners to criticise managers and players without name calling and abuse . Since you quoted me let me reply to your argument

Valverde got pretty much the same team without Neymar from Enrique 's final season were we couldn't win the league title . Our bench players last season were Paulinho , Gomes , Dennis , Alena ,Vidal and Paco . That's an inferior squad compared to Real and Atletico except for the fact that we had Messi ( A luxury which every Barca manager had since 2005) . Ev won the La liga finishing 15 points above our rivals who had their all time best midfield and defense in past 20-30 years . He still holds the record for longest unbeaten streak in La liga history . That's a record which even Pep couldn't achieve with all time best players under his disposal

It's not as if Mourinho is managing Levante . Most of the players were bought by his demands . Sanchez is one of the highest paid players in EPL ; Then there is Pogba , Rashford , Bailly Martial , Lingard , Shaw , De Gea . This squad is only inferior to Man city , Liverpool and Chelsea . Mou can play his undergod card as long as he can , still it wont change the fact that Man united squad is expensive than most of the Pl teams and still hasn't produced anything spectacular in Premier league .

Last edited:

serghei

Uefalona won't get you banned though. :lol:

Most cheap shots at their cub/manager/players will get you banned. Other teams can be ridiculed mostly. It's a United forum after all, not a general football forum.

Most users on redcafe see football in a more simplistic way. Mourinho is still a big name, so he won't get as much heat as some of the lesser names got, like Moyes. No matter how shit their team plays, their fans, or a large portion of it them least, will back him just because he's Mourinho.

It's hilarious though that Moyes had the best european results at United post Ferguson :lol:, with a quarter final. If I recall correctly they even gave Pep's Bayern a little scare in that tie.

Last edited:

Stoichkov1

First of all i posted this in Premier league thread as i don't ever want to be part of this cancerous thread discussion . Don't know which mod moved my post to Ev thread . I've decided to not post anything in this thread , which is filled with lunatics and plastic fans who don't even have the manners to criticise managers and players without name calling and abuse . Since you quoted me let me reply to your argument

Valverde got pretty much the same team without Neymar from Enrique 's final season were we couldn't win the league title . Our bench players last season were Paulinho , Gomes , Dennis , Alena ,Vidal and Paco . That's an inferior squad compared to Real and Atletico except for the fact that we had Messi ( A luxury which every Barca manager had since 2005) . Ev won the La liga finishing 15 points above our rivals who had their all time best midfield and defense in past 20-30 years . He still holds the record for longest unbeaten streak in La liga history . That's a record which even Pep couldn't achieve with all time best players under his disposal

It's not as if Mourinho is managing Levante . Most of the players were bought by his demands . Sanchez is one of the highest paid players in EPL ; Then there is Pogba , Rashford , Bailly Martial , Lingard , Shaw , De Gea . This squad is only inferior to Man city , Liverpool and Chelsea . Mou can play his undergod card as long as he can , still it wont change the fact that Man united squad is expensive than most of the Pl teams and still hasn't produced anything spectacular in Premier league .

I wasn't comparing Barca with Real or Atletico, I was comparing Barca with Man Utd and they have worse players in pretty much every position.

RMU ReBorn

I wasn't comparing Barca with Real or Atletico, I was comparing Barca with Man Utd and they have worse players in pretty much every position.
No that's wrong . Pogba , shaw , Lukaku , Bailly , De gea , Sanchez , Rashford , Martial, Heirerra ain't worst players in their respective position . And most of them were brought in by Mou's demands unlike Ev who don't even have the autonomy to decide on whom to buy .

BBZ8800

One thing that bothers me, majority of our fans will say that all managers post Pep were bad:
Tito meh
Tata bad
Lucho average
Ernesto horrible

On the other hand, when we ask people: whom would you want, usual replies are:
Sampaoli, who turned weird later
Sarri, who hasn't won anything yet
Kloop, without too much silverware
Jardim was also popular for a few months.

On the other hand, is there a coach besides Pep:
1. Who has quality?
2. Who is actually successfull in terms of trophies?
3. Who's team plays beautiful?
4. Who has Barca's Dna or Barca's connections since no coach can be hired without that?

My point: whomever we will hire will either:
1. Not win trophies
2. Or won't play as beautiful as Pep's Barca
3. Or will turn the page and play a different type of football.

When people whine about coaches, I have a feeling that their ideal coach is:
1. Either Pep himself
2. Or someone who will play as beautiful as Pep and win a lot like Pep (or close to it)

Now guys, does a coach like that exists at all?

Devils

Lucho was a great manager for Barca.

-Treble
-Double
-Some of the most entertaining matches in Barca history (6-1 and 2-3 Bernabeu)

Lucho's time at Barca was never short of silverware or entertainment.

The time came for him to leave, like all managers these days, but Barca was still great to watch under him.

Last edited:

Stoichkov1

No that's wrong . Pogba , shaw , Lukaku , Bailly , De gea , Sanchez , Rashford , Martial, Heirerra ain't worst players in their respective position . And most of them were brought in by Mou's demands unlike Ev who don't even have the autonomy to decide on whom to buy .

Herrera is crap and Sanchez is almost finished.

Rashford is the typical English overhyped player and United would have already got rid of him if he wasn't from the academy.

Martial has proved absolutely nothing so far.

RMU ReBorn

Lucho was a great manager for Barca.

-Treble
-Double
-Some of the most entertaining matches in Barca history (6-1 and 2-3 Bernabeu)

Lucho's time at Barca was never short of silverware or entertainment.

The time came for him to leave, like all managers these days, but Barca was still great to watch under him.
Lucho was one of the managers i admire . Sad to say he was also abused , bashed , ridiculed a lot in this forum .

RMU ReBorn

One thing that bothers me, majority of our fans will say that all managers post Pep were bad:
Tito meh
Tata bad
Lucho average
Ernesto horrible

On the other hand, when we ask people: whom would you want, usual replies are:
Sampaoli, who turned weird later
Sarri, who hasn't won anything yet
Kloop, without too much silverware
Jardim was also popular for a few months.

On the other hand, is there a coach besides Pep:
1. Who has quality?
2. Who is actually successfull in terms of trophies?
3. Who's team plays beautiful?
4. Who has Barca's Dna or Barca's connections since no coach can be hired without that?

My point: whomever we will hire will either:
1. Not win trophies
2. Or won't play as beautiful as Pep's Barca
3. Or will turn the page and play a different type of football.

When people whine about coaches, I have a feeling that their ideal coach is:
1. Either Pep himself
2. Or someone who will play as beautiful as Pep and win a lot like Pep (or close to it)

Now guys, does a coach like that exists at all?
You are underestimating Klopp . He worked with Dortmund and Liverpool . He transformed BVB in to a world class side with players like Reus ,Gundagon , Gotze , Lewa . All these players never reached the same heights under a different manager with the exception of Gundagon . Look at the way Salah is scoring for Fun . it's all because of system not because Henderson and Milner are Xavi and Iniesta incarnated. I would love to see him manage our Club . He would kick the lazy butts of our players and would bring out the best in Messi , especially in Cl he will score freely

Devils

Lucho was one of the managers i admire . Sad to say he was also abused , bashed , ridiculed a lot in this forum .

Every manager is getting that though. Even Pep and Klopp were getting abuse when they first came to City and Liverpool on their fan forums and social media.

We live in a time where most managers stay at a club for maximum of 3 years and probably 1/2 of the time they are there they get questioned, ridiculed and insulted.

Probably the one exception to that this decade is Zidane, but even he had his fair share of criticism for a large portion of last season.

RMU ReBorn

Every manager is getting that though. Even Pep and Klopp were getting abuse when they first came to City and Liverpool on their fan forums and social media.

We live in a time where most managers stay at a club for maximum of 3 years and probably 1/2 of the time they are there they get questioned, ridiculed and insulted.

Probably the one exception to that this decade is Zidane, but even he had his fair share of criticism for a large portion of last season.
Check out Lucho thread . People calling him fraud , exposed manager , etc . With all his weaknesses his treble season was the most entertaining season since i started following Barca (2006- )

Home of Barca Fans