Ernesto Valverde - V1

George_Costanza

Apart from Valverde who was the previous Fraud manager who won a domestic double in a competitive league by losing only two matches ?

You have to thank Messi for it. Those two matches lost when Messi didn't play! Taking someone else work without giving proper credit is considered plagiarism!

RMU ReBorn

I know you like going against the tide my man, but this is positively wild. :lol:

Busquets is a system player and has been the reason why we became predictable in CL for past few seasons . if we add a dynamic player in midfield along with Rakitic's workrate and Coutinho's creativity we will do wonders in CL .screenshot this and quote me later

You have to thank Messi for it. Those two matches lost when Messi didn't play! Taking someone else work without giving proper credit is considered plagiarism!

Messi played and missed a penalty vs Espanyol

Pep has to thank Messi , wenger has to thank Henry , Cruyff has to thank Stoichov's and Laudrup's , Ranieri has to thank Kante . That's how your stupid logic works ..it was with Messi that we failed to win La liga in 2014 and 2017

George_Costanza

Pep has to thank Messi , wenger has to thank Henry , Cruyff has to thank Stoichov's and Laudrup's , Ranieri has to thank Kante . That's how your stupid logic works ..it was with Messi that we failed to win La liga in 2014 and 2017

Messi has to thank Pep because it was Pep who transformed Messi and made him the player he is now. You are one of the most naive people on this forum.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Pep had proven winners in his squad ( Xavi , Puyol , Iniesta , Messi ) to take risks by offloading Dinho , Eto etc . Ev can't bench the players you mentioned because of lack of options . There is no other striker available who can bang in 20+ goals like suarez .If Rakitic is benched who will plug the flow of counter attacks ? . Puig , Alena ? Day dreaming if you think that these kids can be thrown straight in to the mix .

What are you on about? I said when they don't perform they should be subbed like what Suarez is doing now, what the fuck did we spend so much money for if we can't replace the players who are declining and not performing well. Get messi in middle and play Coutinho and Dembele on wings. It is common sense, of course it would be ideal to have a 9 but everything suarez does is a negative impact on the team right now. Maybe he will get better, but unless Valverde benches him he won't feel the hunger to be better. He clearly feels too safe, just look at how fat and careless he became. We have Arthur, Vidal, Rafinha all available to take the place of Rakitic if he doesn't perform. Don't need to go to Alena or Puig yet. You are clearly biased anyway, so no point in arguing with you.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pep's dickriders should know that Messi is a player who created havoc against Mou's chelsea and he destroyed Rm that had cannavaro , Ramos and Carlos . That's before Pep took over. Messi scored 36 league goals last season . Pretty sure that he can do it better if Ev was in charge during 2008-09

See, that's the problem right there. You try to put Pep down because people are being unreasonable towards Valverde and try to put Valverde on the same pedestal or even higher, which he's not and never will be.

Pep Guardiola is one of the greatest managers in Barcelona's history and one of the greatest managers of all-time and he's getting that recognition in England now too, so if you want to fight against people then do it properly instead of trying to equate Valverde to Pep's level because that's just intellectual dishonesty or stupidity.

There's a reason one is the most sought after managers in the World while Valverde's first big job in his career is this right now, being even less accomplished than Unai Emery who is criticized for being out of his depth with major clubs by most people as well.

Those are facts.

You can defend Valverde without trying to put Pep, his ability and achievements down all the time. Stop being a blind, obsessed blind fanboy trying to namecall everyone.

RMU ReBorn

Messi has to thank Pep because it was Pep who transformed Messi and made him the player he is now. You are one of the most naive people on this forum.
Pep with Barca squad that had Gomes, Arda , Paco
, Denis and paulinho would be finishing behind Real and ATM as simple as that . Messi was a generational talent and would have thrived under any manager . Not many players has done what he did in his teens against teams like Madrid and Chelsea . It's Pep who needs Messi not vice versa

What are you on about? I said when they don't perform they should be subbed like what Suarez is doing now, what the fuck did we spend so much money for if we can't replace the players who are declining and not performing well. Get messi in middle and play Coutinho and Dembele on wings. It is common sense, of course it would be ideal to have a 9 but everything suarez does is a negative impact on the team right now. Maybe he will get better, but unless Valverde benches him he won't feel the hunger to be better. He clearly feels too safe, just look at how fat and careless he became. We have Arthur, Vidal, Rafinha all available to take the place of Rakitic if he doesn't perform. Don't need to go to Alena or Puig yet. You are clearly biased anyway, so no point in arguing with you.
problem with Messi playing as a false nine is his tendency to drop deep . In Pep days we had Xavi and don , so he didn't had to . These days he got institutionalised to drop deep (since 2015) . So attacking third with Messi as a false nine would be exactly like Argentina vs France match . Messi at RW is the best option for us if he doesn't drifts away from his position . That will allow him to score and create as well . Can play suarez as well who is still a better option than Munir and paco . That's why EV is trying him at Rw . Somehow if it clicks later on 433 can be implied regularly .

Rafinha is a wide player and wouldn't be an option to replace Rakitic . Secondly it's not Rakitic who was underperforming last season . He clearly had better season than Busi .

See, that's the problem right there. You try to put Pep down because people are being unreasonable towards Valverde and try to put Valverde on the same pedestal or even higher, which he's not and never will be.

Pep Guardiola is one of the greatest managers in Barcelona's history and one of the greatest managers of all-time and he's getting that recognition in England now too, so if you want to fight against people then do it properly instead of trying to equate Valverde to Pep's level because that's just intellectual dishonesty or stupidity.

There's a reason one is the most sought after managers in the World while Valverde's first big job in his career is this right now, being even less accomplished than Unai Emery who is criticized for being out of his depth with major clubs by most people as well.

Those are facts.

You can defend Valverde without trying to put Pep, his ability and achievements down all the time. Stop being a blind, obsessed blind fanboy trying to namecall everyone.
First of all , the day Ev leaves Barcelona i will stop caring about him or his tactics unlike few who still masturbates with Pep in their mind, despite him not being part of the club anymore . Think twice before calling me a fanboy to defend Pep .

The reason why i compared both was because one of your fellow Pep apologist said that Pep would have benched Suarez and Busi . So obviously I tried to throw some light in to the reality that Pep had proven winners in his team . This by no ways is equating Pep with Ev or putting him in the same pedestal with Pep . I have said it so many times, that it's boring to repeat it time and time again . Pep is better but not by a distance like the way you are portraying him to be .

Yes Ev hasn't been part of the big clubs nor is he a sort after manager ,but the thing is he has done incredible things with the clubs that he worked with . That to without breaking the bank and having a owner who is ready with their cheque book . Ask your fellow Pep apologists to stop bringing Pep and his past days in this thread , then by default i won't have to bring down Pep . As long as Ev is Barcelona boss i will do the same whenever someone downride him to hail Pep . Finally If Ev is successful because of Messi ,same goes for Pep as well . Even more with Xavi and don

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Once again I have to repeat it so it gets through your thick skull. If they don't perform they should be subbed, manager with courage will do that and not play his favourites. Highlight that in your brain. And sleep on it. And stop posting nonsense. Good night.

Joan

Why is it always Pep vs. Valverde? Makes literally no sense whatsoever.

Pep is clearly a superior manager, stop this nonsense comparisons. Pep-Valverde, Arthur-Xavi, Dembele-Messi...

BarçaBarça

Lol there's absolutely NO WAY we are winning the CL if we were to keep up like this.

If you saw Real in CL the last 3 seasons you would be amazed by how "uninspiring", "pragmatic" and "lucky" you can play and still go all the way through.
I know that they felt invincible the last 2 times, because of the first victory, and we can't do that, but having the best squad gets you quite far.

I'm not saying there are no dangerous signs or anything, but a Messi in GOAT-form with support of Dembele/Coutinho can beat every team, imo.

RMU ReBorn

Once again I have to repeat it so it gets through your thick skull. If they don't perform they should be subbed, manager with courage will do that and not play his favourites. Highlight that in your brain. And sleep on it. And stop posting nonsense. Good night.
Right now we don't have options other than these players. Especially in big matches . It's not 2008 when Barca had their brightest generation of talents in the pool.. Get that right it in to your head and stop being judgmental just because i don't agree with your ideas and arguments

Why is it always Pep vs. Valverde? Makes literally no sense whatsoever.

Pep is clearly a superior manager, stop this nonsense comparisons. Pep-Valverde, Arthur-Xavi, Dembele-Messi...
Because people always brings 'Pep would have benched xyz" shit here without mentioning the fact that 2008 squad had winners and when Ev took over our bench players were Arda , Gomes , Vidal , Paco, Munir :lol:

George_Costanza

Because people always brings 'Pep would have benched xyz" shit here without mentioning the fact that 2008 squad had winners and when Ev took over our bench players were Arda , Gomes , Vidal , Paco, Munir :lol:

Dude, you brought the Pep comparison not me. You really have a personal issue with Pep not sure why though. Also, to what you said above Arda, Paco and Gomes, Pep benched the mighty Zlatan Ibrahimovic for a 19 years old Bojan Krkic for Pete's sake :shh:

RMU ReBorn

The way people abuse and ridicule players and manager has reached a level were it's highly toxic. This will be my last post in this thread . peeps , go ahead with your sadistic bashing, name calling and obviously Pep glorification :thumbsup:

Dude, you brought the Pep comparison not me. You really have a personal issue with Pep not sure why though. Also, to what you said above Arda, Paco and Gomes, Pep benched the mighty Zlatan Ibrahimovic for a 19 years old Bojan Krkic for Pete's sake :shh:

Na dude ,i brought Pep because someone said Pep would have benched xyz . Feel free to quote me if you can prove me wrong and stop quoting me in this thread after that . Pep can afford to bench Zlatan as long as Barcelona plays with Xavi , Iniesta , Messi along with Henry. Secondly Pep had ego clashes with zlatan and he wasn't mighty in 2008

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans