Ernesto Valverde - V1

serghei

Early still, but much of the same from last season. Hoping to see more time for the new signings vs Valladolid.

Devils

The problem with tonight is that we played this exact tempo against Roma and instead of sitting back like Alaves did, they pressed and played with aggression and we ended up getting killed because of it.

So yeah, it seems like EV is just doing the my way or nothing approach that could again come back to kill us.

FC433

Poor performance, but a good result. Busquets and Alba kept slowing the game, which was the last thing that we needed. Players are dragging their legs at 1-0, it is really really concerning.

The team should be more energetic and off the ball movements should be much much more than what we saw. We cannot break teams with slow play.

FCBfan22

With this setup and Suarez in the state he is in, we are just a disaster waiting to happen.

#PlayMessiInTheMiddle

Givenchy

bench. fucking. Suarez.

seriously, if he can't see the problem after this long its a lost cause. i want to be hopeful that hes learned from last season but I guess we'll find out next weekend

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
bench. fucking. Suarez.

seriously, if he can't see the problem after this long its a lost cause. i want to be hopeful that hes learned from last season but I guess we'll find out next weekend

Learned from last season?

Plays Messi on the right when it is clear he has no lungs for it.

Plays Suarez, can't sub him.

Plays Dembele on the left when it's so obvious he should be playing on the right side.

Valverde is messing up in all 3 forward positions.

Still with the work-horse fetish - plays all 3 in midfield.

Small-minded mentality still on with taking off Dembele for Arthur.

Team play didn't improve one bit - still it's all Messi.

Felipetonelo

How can a coach be so bad? He adds nothing to the team. An amateur coach would be doing the same. No tatics, no style, a bad lineup, bad substitutions. Everything is bad with this guy. And Valverde fans will come and say "but we won with him". Stop that. Barca won again, because of Messi, he was the only one trying and the only one that finished his chances. And the same thing happened last season.

I repeat: a U-17 coach that see games on TV can do what Valverde is doing: Just pick the players and let them play. Barca has no style of play, the players don't know when to move and where to move (actually they don't move at all). Barca has no gameplan. The game is "pass around slowly until Messi gets the ball". I started watching Barca in 2003 and it's the worst team I've seen in terms of movement, shape, formation, gameplan. The club spent millions and millions to bring new players and the result is the same old team playing, with zero improvements. If anyone can point one or two things that Valverde made to improve Barca, I would like to read.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Man the only thing I ask for is to play faster football with more incisive passing and better movement and pressing, like several other teams.

Rest will solve itself.

Watching this team apart from Messi and Coutinho's magic moments is so dull, but that's it really. Individual brilliance. The overall system and the way we play is so dull.

xXKonan

I didn't get the Midfield set up in the first half.

He should know Alaves are a defensive team and we struggled against them at home in the last couple of seasons. And the first thing he does is have a Midfield of Rakitic-Busi-Roberto. You want more creativity in games like this not guys who are closer to being Workhorses.

Also the Suarez thing, it's funny how he keeps ignoring the biggest issue with him like a room that is full of garbage that needs to be cleaned but yet he refuses to clean it and just ignores it like it's not there. Seems like he would keep playing him even if he scores like 3 OGs in one match.

FCBfan22

Dear Ernie, Alaves did jack shit in the 1st half and you talk about defensive approach?

[tw]1030946868677816320[/tw]

I didn't get the Midfield set up in the first half.

He should know Alaves are a defensive team and we struggled against them at home in the last couple of seasons. And the first thing he does is have a Midfield of Rakitic-Busi-Roberto. You want more creativity in games like this not guys who are closer to being Workhorses.

Also the Suarez thing, it's funny how he keeps ignoring the biggest issue with him like a room that is full of garbage that needs to be cleaned but yet he refuses to clean it and just ignores it like it's not there. Seems like he would keep playing him even if he scores like 3 OGs in one match.

Me neither. We should've really played

-------Busi-------
Rakitić---Coutinho

Total-Football

klopp was our salvation.. in terms of compatibility with us second only to the pep. Unai Emery would have been perfect this season because his style inspires agression and attack. valverde is a lost cause outdated has been good manager.

Home of Barca Fans