Ernesto Valverde - V1

gr98

lol @ valverde apologists

Unbeaten season so far is a lie , you can look at half of the games and see that only reason we didn't lose is because of Messi and Mats for being an out of this world goalkeeper. You look at half of the games and you wonder how we didn't lose/tie every single of those while being outplayed all the time. When was the last time we've played a really great game and dominated whole game ? I guess that's Girona in half a season.

Dude threw away the CL like it was nothing for the copa and league with playing the same old players ALL the time. Kudos to him for his impact on winning the league and maybe the cup but he would be better at Chelsea or teams as such , not at teams who have CL in their mind. I never felt so humiliated as a fan as i was at that Roma loss and it's all thanks to this coward of a coach.

:goodpost:
Not even the 7-0 loss against Bayern was this humiliating.

Barcilliant

:goodpost:

Lack of timely rotations and bad football is something that's hard to look over.
Although, the latter, as you said, was also a byproduct of difficult circumstances in the squad.

Also true that mentality issues are largely down to players.

Going forward I have no doubt that we would be playing better next season with Coutinho available and Griezmann or someone else coming.
Remaining issue is stubbornness and fear that manifests in lack of rotations and general disregard for Barca future.

Can we find someone that is a visionare, loves Barca and is a great motivator?

Players mentality is definitely an issue. We need someone who will connect with the players but light a fire up their asses.

Barcilliant

[tw]986373328926461952[/tw]

giphy.gif

My God, no.

At the moment we need someone who can integrate the youth into the current setup. Valverde simply does not trust our young players. There is transition going on at Barca and Valverde is not the man to handle it. He has a small team mentality, is scared and plays shit football. He has Been EXTRAORDINARILY LUCKY this season. It's not going to be like that next season.

Get Rijkaard as a stop gap replacement.

Devils

I wouldn't believe that twitter shit.

If he loses CDR and gets hammered in the Clasico, he'll be swimming with the sharks.

Neeraj

I feel like with us needing to groom some young/inexperienced players in Dembele, Alena, Semedo, etc., us having to prioritize Messi, Busquets, etc. minutes and us having to transition from the old guard to the new, we could not possibly have a worse person than Valverde to do all 3 of these things.

cro-man

Not a fan of him but when neymar left us i didnt have any expectations of winning anything and he still won the league and is maybe gonna go for copa as well. With this current squad it was almost impossible to win cl. We have have an ageing team with many off form players too and with dembele being so long injured and coutinho joining so late it didnt help him either.

I dislike how stubborn he is not rotating and playing the players to the ground but when i see the bench i do understand him a bit. The question if he is good enough to train barca i cant answer but one thing i am sure the current squad is not good enough. I guess he deserves a second chance and better players to show if he is capable.

jairzinho

Do i want us to win the league and Copa ? Of course.
Do i want Valverde to continue ? Perhaps not.
We've been good domestically but too many red flags have emerged over the course of the season that question whether he's a good fit here in the long term.

serghei

Do i want us to win the league and Copa ? Of course.
Do i want Valverde to continue ? Perhaps not.
We've been good domestically but too many red flags have emerged over the course of the season that question whether he's a good fit here in the long term.

Good, fair and balanced stance on the issue. :thumbsup:

Laplacian

I feel like with us needing to groom some young/inexperienced players in Dembele, Alena, Semedo, etc., us having to prioritize Messi, Busquets, etc. minutes and us having to transition from the old guard to the new, we could not possibly have a worse person than Valverde to do all 3 of these things.

Precisely. I appreciate the trophies and all but he just isn't the right fit. Our young players will stagnate under him.

Home of Barca Fans